Moderators

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Moderators

Post by trubrit » November 30, 2009, 10:55 am

No this isn't another gripe about them just a question . Why would a moderator want to hide his online status? Indeed can a mod do so ? Personally in a strange way I find it rather comforting to see the green people are on line when I am .
If I knew a green man was watching me anonomously , I would find that rather creepy .Bit like a policeman in plain clothing .Surely better they had a seperate, unassociated identity. Just a thought . :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Moderators

Post by BobHelm » November 30, 2009, 4:37 pm

I have absolutely no idea, sorry TB.
I know I have never signed on 'hidden' as I could not really see the point.
If you are worried about not seeing many 'little green men' at the moment it is because (for different & personal reasons 3 of the others are not on line at the moment, but, hopefully will return soon) myself & BKKBUTCHER are on our own. He, also, has other projects to occupy him.... :D :D

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 30, 2009, 5:11 pm

I'll have a Kilo of Lamb Chops and some Pork Sausages thanks Mr Butcher :D Hello, are you there :roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 30, 2009, 6:16 pm

Aardvark wrote:I'll have a Kilo of Lamb Chops and some Pork Sausages thanks Mr Butcher :D Hello, are you there :roll:
No HE is playing hide "The Sausage "in Pattaya,So I am led to believe... :pirate: :oops:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 30, 2009, 6:19 pm

BobHelm wrote:I have absolutely no idea, sorry TB.
I know I have never signed on 'hidden' as I could not really see the point.
If you are worried about not seeing many 'little green men' at the moment it is because (for different & personal reasons 3 of the others are not on line at the moment, but, hopefully will return soon) myself & BKKBUTCHER are on our own. He, also, has other projects to occupy him.... :D :D
Bob I know you are always open in your moderation. Its no big deal, just wondering why the need for secrecy? If you look at any mods profile it will show their last posting but if they are hiding their presence it shows nothing . :-"

Lee Rhodes
udonmap.com

Post by Lee Rhodes » December 1, 2009, 1:33 am

trubrit wrote:No this isn't another gripe about them just a question . Why would a moderator want to hide his online status? Indeed can a mod do so ? Personally in a strange way I find it rather comforting to see the green people are on line when I am .
If I knew a green man was watching me anonomously , I would find that rather creepy .Bit like a policeman in plain clothing .Surely better they had a seperate, unassociated identity. Just a thought . :-k
Sir can you please learn to write English properly and I suggest you install a spell checker. What does anonomously mean? Do you mean anonymously? Also can you learn the proper usage of commas and periods (full stops to you). Do not leave a space between the end of the sentence and a period. I apologize if you are from a poor background and didn't have much in the way of an education but there are many ways to educate yourself online. I will be more than happy to educate you in how to make better grammatically correct posts.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 1, 2009, 3:33 am

Lee Rhodes wrote:
Sir can you please learn to write English properly and I suggest you install a spell checker. What does anonomously mean? Do you mean anonymously? Also can you learn the proper usage of commas and periods (full stops to you). Do not leave a space between the end of the sentence and a period. I apologize if you are from a poor background and didn't have much in the way of an education but there are many ways to educate yourself online. I will be more than happy to educ.
What a very narrow life you must lead to actually bother to sit and write that . It may interest you to know that I do not use a spell checker. I was educated in an era when the only means of learning was from making mistakes and spelling errors were corrected by the tutor with a swift crack on the knuckles from a ruler.
Has Daddie bought you that new Irish Clock yet.? :-"

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » December 1, 2009, 8:34 am

Lee Rhodes wrote:
Sir can you please learn to write English properly and I suggest you install a spell checker. What does anonomously mean? Do you mean anonymously? Also can you learn the proper usage of commas and periods (full stops to you). Do not leave a space between the end of the sentence and a period. I apologize if you are from a poor background and didn't have much in the way of an education but there are many ways to educate yourself online. I will be more than happy to educate you in how to make better grammatically correct posts.
There should be a comma after the first word 'Sir'.
After the question 'Also can you learn the proper usage of commas and periods (full stops to you)' should it not be a question mark and not a full stop? If it was meant as a statement you could have written 'Can you please learn the proper......' etc etc

As checked by MS Word, English US language, as I note you are American.
Now I am getting as sad as you checking others text.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2009, 8:43 am

I would suggest that anyone looking to edumacate themselves online steer well clear of Mr Rhodes' poorly constructed paragraph :-"

And of course, if you are from a poor background, we don't want your type on Udon Map. :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 1, 2009, 9:24 am

jackspratt wrote:And of course, if you are from a poor background, we don't want your type on Udon Map. :D

OK, OK I am getting my flat cap now.... :D :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » December 1, 2009, 11:24 am

I think Mr.Rhodes needs to look at his behavior about correcting others spelling and errors in grammar.Is he so dense that the post confused him,did the poster not communicate his post effectively,does he think that his comment was being helpful???Ifsoenjoythisone,oops :snide: :snide: :irked:

In case you don't have anything better to do,try this one!

''And then go home and post when you are drunk on here.''

What did you mean by this post,Mr. Rhodes??

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 1, 2009, 3:24 pm

Maybe he doesn't like us "Working Class Types", then again if he has such a good education; how could he make mistakes himself :-k

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » December 3, 2009, 10:45 am

747man wrote:No HE is playing hide "The Sausage "in Pattaya,So I am led to believe... :pirate: :oops:
You are correct 747man, only for a few days though :), all back and refreshed now though ;).

Anyway, sorry to dig this up again, but being in the same boat as Bob, I have never had a reason to hide my identity, especially as a mod on here, or any forum for that matter.

I may be wrong, but I'm not aware of any mods on here that have hidden their identity, not that I check or anything, but it would be a rather odd thing to do, as we are supposed to be easily contactable should there be any glitches on the site that need reporting, or maybe a new member needs some pointers with 'getting to grips' with the use of a forum etc etc. But if they do, then I guess it is their decision to do so.

As for my history, well like Bob says, I am more active behind the scenes on here, mainly due to other commitments, so posting openly is just something I do not have a lot of time for right now, but my posting history is available for all to see.
Aardvark wrote:I'll have a Kilo of Lamb Chops and some Pork Sausages thanks Mr Butcher
Find me a lamb loin and I'll cut you some chops....same goes for the sausage machine :), it's just finding a regular supply of decent skins in the area which is my biggest issue.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 3, 2009, 1:07 pm

BangkokButcher wrote:same goes for the sausage machine :), it's just finding a regular supply of decent skins in the area which is my biggest issue.
I Reckon Durex would be Very RUBBERY ????But NOT LUBBERLEY ??

BB,I think SOME of us know a CERTAIN Mod who had 2 identities at the SAME TIME.. :oops: :oops:

Lee Rhodes
udonmap.com

Post by Lee Rhodes » December 3, 2009, 11:37 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:
Lee Rhodes wrote:
There should be a comma after the first word 'Sir'.
After the question 'Also can you learn the proper usage of commas and periods (full stops to you)' should it not be a question mark and not a full stop? If it was meant as a statement you could have written 'Can you please learn the proper......' etc etc

As checked by MS Word, English US language, as I note you are American.
Now I am getting as sad as you checking others text.
Oh yes I did make a bit of a typo didn't I? Unlike the total trainwreck of a post by this truebrit guy.

Lee Rhodes
udonmap.com

Post by Lee Rhodes » December 3, 2009, 11:50 pm

trubrit wrote:What a very narrow life you must lead to actually bother to sit and write that . It may interest you to know that I do not use a spell checker. I was educated in an era when the only means of learning was from making mistakes and spelling errors were corrected by the tutor with a swift crack on the knuckles from a ruler.
Has Daddie bought you that new Irish Clock yet.? :-"
You mean you were abused? No wonder you your spelling and grammar is so poor and I apologize. Have you considered therapy?
trubrit wrote:Has daddie bought you that new Irish Clock yet? :-"
Actually no he is not buying me anything. I have my own money to spend as I see fit. I have just secured a prime location in Udorn Thani and have acquired the services of an architecht to design my new venture. Watch this space.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » December 4, 2009, 2:38 am

Come on chaps, we're supposed to be getting along here!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » December 4, 2009, 3:55 am

Man I come here looking for some real intelligent conversation, and debate, and sharing of good information, and all I get is some dude quibbling over someone else's grammer and spelling..How pedantic. Small things amuse small minds. If your attack on Truebrit was your way of standing up for the moderators over his question, then it would have been much better just to simply put forward your case..Indeed, your spelling and grammer is no better anyway.." a bit ' and whats a 'typo"..

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”