Udon Thani Magazine - Suggestions for improvement

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.

Please Rate our Udon Thani Magazine Guide

Excellent
64%
Good
23%
Average
5%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 39

lee
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Magazine - Suggestions for improvement

Post by lee » March 9, 2010, 11:47 am

We would love to hear any feedback you may have about our free Udon Thani magazine guide. If you have any constructive criticism, suggestions for improvement or anything you would like to see included in the next guide please post it here. All feedback, good or bad, will be very helpful so that we can improve future editions.

If you don't have a copy you can view it on-line here: http://www.udonmap.com/magazine/download.html or pick it up from our sponsors, TAT, tourist police, hotels, Airport arrival hall (right of exit) or the udonmap office.

Thanks in advance. :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Magazine - Suggestions for improvement

Post by BobHelm » March 9, 2010, 12:21 pm

I think the magazine is excellent Lee.
It would, undoubtedly, benefit from a few new articles about Udon/North East Thailand that are new to all - even if they might be controversial in nature. However I do understand that is difficult to achieve as (with all respect to Udonmap posters :D ) journalistic talent is not exactly bursting at the seams in Udon. :D
I think for a visitor arriving in Udon it must be an excellent tool to be able to easily pick up for free!!

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » March 9, 2010, 12:45 pm

Cheers Bob. I'll keep the article idea in mind. :D

On the distribution front, we have plans to increase print run and circulation. Also if we get the green light we'll add more magazine stands at the airport.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » March 9, 2010, 2:40 pm

Cable TV guide. The magazine would always get used, instead of getting placed in a drawer or under the coffee table.
Ads placed around the TV guide would get more exposure.
Showbiz interviews with local lukthung and molam-sing stars.
Bring back the readers pictures, and have competitions where the winners picture is the cover shot on the magazine.
Motoring section giving advise on buying a car in Thailand, and keeping it on the road.
Homes and property section.
Where to find a decent tradesman who does not bodge.
Having the the two above gives you the oppotunity to sell more advertising and open more markets. Thats just the start I'm sure the editorial team at Udonmap can think of more.
Try advertorials where an advertiser makes a feature of their goods and services. Like Doc and his excellent BBQs, could do BBQ recipes.
Compost Corner for gardening tips.
More eye candy pictures.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 9, 2010, 11:24 pm

Look here's the thing, use the magazine for your advertising and make the map a bloody MAP. I've heard many people complaining about the map being full of adverts covering the actual MAP itself, but I must say I haven't seen a current one so I'm only passing on comments. There's nothing wrong with markers for your sponsors and a list of who they may be but the picture ads all over the map is a pain in the preverbial.
What about incorporating the two, make the magazine bigger (it should be anyway), make some of the editorials in standard paper and B&W print and have the MAP as a pull out in the middle.

Only a suggestion but I've seen many better free publications in the US, Australia and ......

ejwalk
udonmap.com

Post by ejwalk » March 10, 2010, 5:18 am

HOw about and adult forum . for relationships and such ...

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » March 10, 2010, 11:23 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's much appreciated. :D

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”