Thanks Lee and welcome to Paul

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 12, 2012, 11:23 am

I would like to thank Lee for creating this site in the first place =D> =D> =D> and also for all the work that he has done over the years developing it and making it the the really helpful and informative site that it is – Lee, may your new ventures be as successful as UM has been :guiness:

For those (like me) who have strong connections with Udon, but are not yet in full time residence, UM has been and continues to be a really great way of keeping in touch and informed.

Welcome Paul, I look forward to the UM site (information and forum) continuing to thrive under its new stewardship; it would be interesting if you could provide some kind of a potted bio about yourself and your connections with Udon.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » September 12, 2012, 11:47 am

I second that Jimbo, although I have been a full-time resident of Udon for some years, Udonmap.com has always been (IMHO) THE website for all things Udon Thani.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » September 12, 2012, 11:53 am

As I said in another thread, I have found UM to be a very helpful resource in getting adjusted to living in Udon Thani. I appreciate the hard work Lee and company have put into the site, and appreciate all of the help I have gotten from the folks here. I look forward to Paul's ideas and work to make it even better. Thank you Lee, and all of the people behind the scenes that help UM be what it is!

KB

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » September 12, 2012, 12:39 pm

Welcome to Udonthani Paul .

As a local business owner im very pleased to read you are planning to expand and develop UM ,,,as im sure many others who utilize the forum and guide for their business advertising etc.....i wish you every success.

Lee ....... very sad to see you go , many thanks for the assistance offered and service(s) you and UM provided without which im sure CC wouldnt be where it is today , have a rest n more time with the family ,, enjoy and thanks again fron Dao n I .

mash

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » September 12, 2012, 3:20 pm

I came across UM after six weeks of not meeting another farang, even to say hello too. Oh there was the odd bod that shuffled past me on Prosri road while looking at his shoes, slient, passing like ships in the night, and there were those twisted white faces steering out of cramped loud watering holes down near the Railway station, that I caught a glimpse of from across the street, while cutting a track back to my rundown grubby room, but finding UM in an internet shop, was like finding an oasis, like finding Livingston..It cheered me up to know I was not alone, and that there were actually white fellas that did talk to each other, even if it was at computers at 20 paces, and they were somewhat twitchy if poked with a stick...So Mr Lee, we may never have met over the years, or I may never have saundered into your shop/office, but thanks mate for providing a wonderful service for me to expound my views and opinions, and to the farang and thai community of Udon and beyond.. Thanks also to the moderators, and your staff members. Well done. You should get a medal for putting up with us.. Sorry to see you go matey...All the best

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » September 12, 2012, 4:37 pm

Thanks lee you have barred me a few times on the forum, I think it was a missunderstanding on what you can say, anyway have enjoyed UM has been very informative for me over some 6years or so, may you have great luck in the future whatever you do and welcome Paul to the helm.
Many Thanks
Bubbles from Aus

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 12, 2012, 5:41 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback and well wishes.

It's sad to see the business go however I'm sure it's in good hands. Paul has some interesting ideas for UM and it will be great to see these ideas come into fruition in the not too distant future.

UdonMap has certainly come a long way since I first uploaded that Yahoo Geocities page back in November 2003. It's been an interesting ride to date and I'm proud to have been behind its development and success.

I'm also very lucky to have had a great team of moderators who have given up their free time in the interests of the UM forum. They are a great bunch of guys and I can't thank them enough for their continued help and support.

I would also like to say a big thank you to all the members past and present who have contributed to the forum over the years, the forum wouldn't be what it is today without them. There have been a few ups and downs, disagreements and falling out along the way, but that's part and parcel of most internet forums and difficult to avoid. I'm sure most people would get along OK away from the virtual world.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the businesses who have advertised with UM over the years, some of which have been with us from the very start. UM would have not been possible without them.

And as for me, I plan to stick around but I won't be on-line as much as I used to. I'm hoping to spend more time with the family and dedicate my time to another business concern.

I haven't had a holiday for a couple of years so I'm looking forward to putting my feet up for a week or two. :D

Thanks again everyone!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 12, 2012, 6:38 pm

Lee, that's for everything, Udon Map is a credit to you, the mods, the members and the city. It has provided an excellent and useful service to us all. All the best, and good luck to Paul.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » September 12, 2012, 8:18 pm

Thank you Lee for designing this helpful tool for us 800 odd members that keeps us informed and educated regarding life in Thailand and specifically in Udon Thani. I hope your life continues with successes in whatever you do.
Thanks so much/Carl =D>
We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now

PRichard
udonmap.com

Post by PRichard » September 12, 2012, 10:05 pm

Astronaut Jim Lovell said "There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen..."

Mr.Lee, you are definitely a person who makes things happen. Thank you so much for udonmap. I learn a lot and made new friends here. I wish you the best in life, happiness and success in years to come. Cheers.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 12, 2012, 10:13 pm

Alchai wrote:Thank you Lee for designing this helpful tool for us 800 odd members ...........
Freudian slip? :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 13, 2012, 9:05 am

All the best to you and your family in the future,Lee.
Welcome,Paul.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by akwoodworker » September 13, 2012, 9:26 am

Thanks! As one who is about to make Udon area my new home this website has allowed me to make new acquaintances and maybe friends. Life in the village is slow and I am the only farang. In Udon most farang are closed, I grew up in a indian village here in Alaska and a sign of respect is eye contact and a nod or some other acknowledgement. This website has allowed me to break this barrier and meet, virtually, some nice and interesting people.
Thanks again.
Russ

poolshark
udonmap.com

Post by poolshark » September 15, 2012, 8:39 pm

I would just like to thank Lee, for the website that gave me a greater understanding of everyday life in Udon.
Back since 2004, I have learned so much from Members on here, and I would like to thank yourself for the hard work you put into this site.
I am sure Paul will continue what you started.
Good luck in the future.

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » September 17, 2012, 8:14 pm

Good luck for the future Lee, didnt always see eye to eye but we are big boys and just got on with things =D>

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”