Hide user name on log in .

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Hide user name on log in .

Post by trubrit » August 19, 2016, 8:11 pm

Udon Map wrote:.
I suppose I should subscibe to the silence is golden theory but as the job has only been partially resolved I am unable to. :roll:
Trubrit, surely you can be a bit more charitable than that and consider the possibility that there's a reason other than lack of courtesy. I've been in the U.S. for a little more than a week for a medical issue. Not life threatening, but serious enough. Got back to Udon this evening.

So I gather that part of the problem seems to have resolved itself? Or all of it?

Would you be so kind as to email me with the current status, please? I'll be happy to address the problem(s) with you, but have found that this process becomes unmanageable when done in the public forum.
[/quote]
Sorry if you feel I was uncharitable but not being blessed with hindsight and in view that my PM had been read by you a week before, I had no way of knowing of your misfortune, however I am glad it wasn't serious and wish you a full recovery from whatever ails you .
Now back to the problem .I incorrectly stated it appeared to have solved itself but have subsequently discovered I was misled as my presence is only being shown on some topics , not all, but my activity on line is being recorded every time I log in, in the who'se on line at the end of the forum.I have tried the usual remedies, clearing cookies, logging out and in again , all to no avail.
I have declined your invitation to email you on the subject as it appears others are having similar related problems and a full discussion on forum is more likely to reveal the cause than a private chat.

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Hide user name on log in .

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 20, 2016, 8:09 pm

trubrit wrote:Now back to the problem .I incorrectly stated it appeared to have solved itself but have subsequently discovered I was misled as my presence is only being shown on some topics , not all, but my activity on line is being recorded every time I log in, in the who'se on line at the end of the forum.I have tried the usual remedies, clearing cookies, logging out and in again , all to no avail.
I have declined your invitation to email you on the subject as it appears others are having similar related problems and a full discussion on forum is more likely to reveal the cause than a private chat..
It is quite likely that if you click the "Delete all board cookies" link you will succeed in becoming anonymous as long as you have selected the correct anonymity options on logging in.

I did and it works for me. I don't know if it is persistent if you login subsequently without anonymity selected.

This does not seem to be a bug. It's just the way the system works.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”