ADSL Internet in Nong Khai

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
Skwint
udonmap.com

ADSL Internet in Nong Khai

Post by Skwint » November 4, 2008, 2:18 pm

Can anyone tell me if TT&T is available in Nong Khai or only TOT for ADSL internet?

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Re: ADSL Internet in Nong Khai

Post by lepidoptra » November 4, 2008, 2:33 pm

I'm not sure if you have TT&T in Nong Khai but I doubt if you do. There are parts of Udon Thani which do not have.
A friend if mine has TT&T but because they use the same narrow bandwidth as TOT the international sites suffer the same as TOT. My friend has 4mb with TOT which is OK for Thai sites but just as slow for international.
Apparentley it is due to the 2 companies not investing in more bandwidth. Compared with countries like South Korea
ther international speed we receive in Thailand is outrageously slow. There is IPstar but it is very unreliable especially when there is rain. I have had adsl for 4 years there has been no improvment and it seems to be getting worse as they take on new subscribers. It has also been said that when the firewall is introduced the speeds will be even worse. Like most things in Thailand they are moving backwards instead of forward. Sorry if I have depressed you.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 4, 2008, 3:02 pm

ADSL is available in Nong Khai (i.e in the town) through both TT&T and TOT. I have had and used both there. I would suggest that TT&T has the edge in terms of speed, performance and reliability.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 4, 2008, 3:32 pm

I am in NK and I use TTnT!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 4, 2008, 5:33 pm

The Internet speeds within Thailand are usually OK, but both TOT and TT&T have slower speeds for Internet sites outside of Thailand, thus obliging customers to take the higher speed packages to try and get reasonable speeds.

Skwint
udonmap.com

Post by Skwint » November 5, 2008, 3:01 am

Thanks guys,

I've had to live with DTAC EDGE for the last 2 years here on Koh Tao, so any improvement will be good.

leiffi

Post by leiffi » October 25, 2009, 6:38 pm

How about Phonphisai do anybody know if it is possible?

Return to “Nong Khai”