Nong Khai Asean Marathon December 18th

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
Zidane
udonmap.com

Nong Khai Asean Marathon December 18th

Post by Zidane » September 13, 2016, 8:06 am

This is the second running of this event which attracted a few thousand runners last year.
Start and finish is at the V Viang Lifestyle Mall which is on Prajak Road in Nong Khai,opposite the LMG office.Registration is on the 2nd floor.The mall is pretty quiet but there is a Beyond Café in there which does delicious pastries and drinks.
Distances are Marathon (42.195km),Half Marathon (21.1km),Mini Marathon (10.5km) and Micro Marathon (5km).
Scenic courses which take in the Town Centre and the road that runs along the Mekong Promenade....Meechai Road,I think it is ?
Do one of these races and you will then be entitled to "pig out" over Xmas and the New Year ! \:D/
Not that I think too many members will be participating ;) but the entry fee in US Dollars is for runners from abroad.If you are a foreigner living in this area then a good tip is to register in person at the V Viang Lifestyle Mall.
You then pay just the ordinary price,as the Thais do.....eg.entry to the 10.5km currently costs 400 baht but if you pay the price for runners from abroad its now 35USD which equates to nearly 1200 baht..........quite a difference in price !
Even if you don't take part the races will be great to view as a spectator and its not far off Xmas,so should be a good atmosphere.
NK Asean Marathon 2016.jpg
Asean Marathon NK 2016.jpg
Nong Khai Asean Marathon 2016.jpg
Asean Marathon Nong Khai 2016.jpg
Asean Marathon 2016 course map.jpg
Asean Marathon 2016 medal.jpg
Race Type
Start Time
Time Limit
Marathon (42.195 km)
3:00 AM

Half Marathon (21.1 km)
04:30 AM

Quarter Marathon (10.550 km)
06:00 AM

Micro Marathon (5 km)
06:15 AM

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Nong Khai Asean Marathon December 18th

Post by stattointhailand » September 13, 2016, 9:55 am

"Even if you don't take part the races will be great to view as a spectator and its not far off Xmas,so should be a good atmosphere"

mmmm Thanks for the heads up Zid ..... Got caught out by this last year .....went to NK to do some late xmas shopping and half the bloomin' town was fenced off with no traffic allowed. Really helpful thing to do a week before xmas .... bet the local shopkeepers market stall holders love it ](*,) :irked:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 13, 2016, 1:58 pm

Now Then You 2................What Colour G-Strings will you be wearing ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 13, 2016, 5:14 pm

Alan,with Nong Khai being your home patch,will you be making an appearance on the starting line up in your lilac shorts with the improvised air vents ? :badteeth:

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » September 13, 2016, 6:04 pm

It can get a bit nippy for shorts in nong khai that time of year zid,here he at last years event sporting a nice pink,mauve spandex number
fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg
fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg (10.49 KiB) Viewed 5171 times
Last edited by FLICKFLACKER404 on September 13, 2016, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 13, 2016, 6:12 pm

Zidane wrote:Alan,with Nong Khai being your home patch,will you be making an appearance on the starting line up in your lilac shorts with the improvised air vents ? :badteeth:
Andy, Afraid the Lilac ones have gone to the Sports Shop in the Sky......

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 13, 2016, 6:12 pm

FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:It can get a bit nippy for shorts in nong khai that time of year zid,here he at last years eventfatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg
NOT My Colour I'm afraid you Silly FLUCKER.....BTW..Did You like you're Mug ??

old timer
udonmap.com

Post by old timer » September 13, 2016, 7:12 pm

And as mentioned..You have to pay to get totally boll0xed...
Asean Marathon Nong Khai 2016.jpg
Asean Marathon Nong Khai 2016.jpg (27.68 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
Early Bird $5 micro marathon will do OT, pub by lunch time.

ND................. \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 13, 2016, 7:29 pm

'ere OT, hows about ya give me the 5 dollers, and ya can run up n down the soi by my 'owse fer as long as yer like. When you've ad enough, just yell and I'll knock the top of a bottle of Leo for you ...... :guiness:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 8, 2016, 8:54 am

stattointhailand wrote: mmmm Thanks for the heads up Zid ..... Got caught out by this last year .....went to NK to do some late xmas shopping and half the bloomin' town was fenced off with no traffic allowed. Really helpful thing to do a week before xmas .... bet the local shopkeepers market stall holders love it ](*,) :irked:
Good news for you statts......The Nong Khai Asean Marathon planned for December 18th has now been postponed.
Possibly,it will take place early next year instead ??

By the way,a group of Thai runners are planning to run from Udon Thani to Bangkok next week (15-19 November) in honour of their recent sad loss.
Farangs are welcome to participate......first day is Udon to Khon Kaen......I can put your name down if you like! \:D/
Last leg is Saraburi to Bangkok but they have to stop north of the city centre.Next day they will be driven to the Grand Palace.
I believe sponsors are welcome for things like drinking water,food etc........possibly dosh for new trainers when they have finished their run ! ;)

Return to “Nong Khai”