A New Bar Scam or?

Central Thailand forum - Bangkok, Pattaya etc.
trubrit
udonmap.com

A New Bar Scam or?

Post by trubrit » September 15, 2009, 10:02 am

This happened last night at a bar in Pattaya so posted here, but it could be any where, any bar.
Had to go to Patts for a couple of days without the missus. A friends son was in hospital and I took her down there .So being alone I ventured out to the bar scene.Went to Soi 7, sat at one of those open air style bars. On the opposite side to me were a couple of middle age guys, not really drunk but merry.They each had a "lady" perched on their knee, obviously they had bought drinks for them.The guys were groping and fingering them. This was met with smiles and laughter and a bit of naughty stuff in return from the girls.After about half hour of this the guys must have wanted to move on, called for the bill, over 1,000bht. The girls wanted to go with them but the guys said no, stood up to go. Then all hell broke loose. One of the girls was screaming she had lost her phone, apparently saying the guy who moments before had been fingering her, had stolen it .Then the mama and other girls joined in. The guy was protesting his innocence and offering to be searched, but Mama called the cops. Within minutes a pick up with 3 BIB arrived.They searched him, lo and behold, there was the missing phone in the trouser pocket of his long shorts.The bar mean while was replaying a CCTV which showed the antics of the four and an object, not clear what, but presumed to be the phone, on the bar alongside them. A few minutes further film and it had gone. It wasn't apparent how it had dissapeared, but it definitely wasn't there .The guy was still protesting his innocence and all the girls were shouting"bad man"The look on the blokes face was a picture. Five minutes ago he was over the moon enjoying himself and now he and his friend and the two girls were being bundled into the back of the police pick up on the way to the nick.
Was he a thief or just a victim of a girls spite because he wouldn't off her ?
I thought it rather strange that in a quite large bar the CCTV camera should be focused on just those blokes The girl involved was of the "HARD" variety. The bloke looked genuinely shocked.So I tend to think "scam" You reach your own conclusion.
I didn't stay to find out what happened at the cop shop. :confused:

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: A New Bar Scam or?

Post by BKKSTAN » September 15, 2009, 10:19 am

:lol: Sounds like two sides of the equation attempting to scam all they could get!I think the punters may have overplayed their ''hands'' in this game :lol: I really don't have much sympathy for them,probably cost them more than the 1000 baht they spent ''fingering'' the girls.That kind of action probably gave the girl the assumption of a chance to make money and might have felt that the guys were reneging,so plant the phone :-s

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 15, 2009, 10:23 am

CCTV in a bar,is this the norm in Patters? The barname was out of your eyesight Trubrit :D

Sounds ilke an unusual scam,but typical punters that understand one ladydrink means the go ahead of fingering the bargirl.Clean fingers only please,not just when been to the toilet or helping yourselves to the peanuts on the table from which every grubby hand has been in.Feel sorry for the next punter,barfines the girl and gets a dose of some kind.Is this the norm,never seen it in D&N :^o

So the punter never felt a bulge in his trousers, being the mobile phone [-X

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 15, 2009, 11:31 am

pompui wrote:CCTV in a bar,is this the norm in Patters? The barname was out of your eyesight Trubrit :D

[-X
Yes I was surprised at the CCTV. Don't know why as it seems a normal form of protection every where these days.Seen it in some UD bars too. Didn't think the name of the bar was relevent to the scam. Could happen anywhere . :|

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » September 15, 2009, 1:28 pm

"Is that my mobile phone in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" :oops:
Free the Doug 1

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 15, 2009, 3:40 pm

I hope they both washed there hands and particularly their 'fingers' afterwards...........and you didn't half notice a lot of detail.......... ....bit of an eagle eye are we. :lol:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 15, 2009, 3:42 pm

beer monkey wrote:I hope they both washed there hands and particularly their 'fingers' afterwards...........and you didn't half notice a lot of detail.......... ....bit of an eagle eye are we. :lol:
No . Professional voyeur actually. :lol:

poolshark
udonmap.com

Post by poolshark » September 15, 2009, 6:06 pm

she was most likely on the local pattaya tariff...Pokia Bill pLay.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » March 29, 2010, 12:50 pm

i think this was a scam....if the person that had lost the phone asked her friend to call the number of the missing phone, all would have been revealed.

the phones now are very small, light and slim and a large pocket would have been easy to slip it into and go unnoticed......

its unlikely a lady would leave a cellphone laying around on the bar....a farang would so it was probably thought of as just normal & no further suspicion paid towards the phone until it was too late.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » March 29, 2010, 1:00 pm

DRILLER wrote:i think this was a scam....if the person that had lost the phone asked her friend to call the number of the missing phone, all would have been revealed.

the phones now are very small, light and slim and a large pocket would have been easy to slip it into and go unnoticed......

its unlikely a lady would leave a cellphone laying around on the bar....a farang would so it was probably thought of as just normal & no further suspicion paid towards the phone until it was too late.
Add to that ,the camera saw everything except the phone disappearing?Yeh,right :^o :^o

Return to “Central Thailand”