Flooding stops traffic to Bangkok and Petchaburi?

Central Thailand forum - Bangkok, Pattaya etc.
kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » October 11, 2011, 11:49 am

What I understand is the main roads too Bangkok still navigable, but it starts to look worse from Saraburi and toward Bangkok. Road 35 is navigable and is recommended for further travel to Petchaburi or Phuket. However, the water masses are now seriously threatening Ban Pa in and Bankeer and areas around Cha Pray ya. Will drive to Hua Hin for a few days and I am grateful for any updated information on navigable roads, Udon, Bangkok, Petchaburi.

Regards Kjell

These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » October 12, 2011, 2:52 pm

Hi,
Someone warned me about that. I was going to the aiport, to pick up smeone. Last weekend. Always go, after Korat, on to the 304 over the mountain and down to the airport. Came back Monday. This road was O.K. no flooding. Maybe its just me but i enjoy this route, always take it when going to BKK., and always stop at the top of the mountains to take in the views and have a sarni.
Going down HW2 the usual crashes. The one that made me laugh was a pickup went into the central drainage ditch. Its front wheels on one side and the rear wheels on the other side, haff way down the ditch and the pickup level, you could walk under it. I should not laugh, but how the hell did he manage to do that. The mind boggles.
Cheers.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 12, 2011, 3:26 pm

douglas wrote:Hi,
Someone warned me about that. I was going to the aiport, to pick up smeone. Last weekend. Always go, after Korat, on to the 304 over the mountain and down to the airport. Came back Monday. This road was O.K. no flooding. Maybe its just me but i enjoy this route, always take it when going to BKK., and always stop at the top of the mountains to take in the views and have a sarni.
Going down HW2 the usual crashes. The one that made me laugh was a pickup went into the central drainage ditch. Its front wheels on one side and the rear wheels on the other side, haff way down the ditch and the pickup level, you could walk under it. I should not laugh, but how the hell did he manage to do that. The mind boggles.
Cheers.
Yes just come back that way from Chonburi. Some water but no floods but a word of warning. The water has played havoc with the road surface in places and really deep holes have appeared nearly every where along highway 2. Of course you may be lucky and find some kind person has stuck a tree in the hole to warn you but I wouldn't count on it . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » October 12, 2011, 5:11 pm

from what i can see on the TV news, it is now stop in the traffic outside Saraburi...people been stack in the cars all day and cant go otu from there. In the nearesst 24 hour we will see if BKK can manage the flooding or not. In Patumthani the locals soon fitghing the military. Just talking to a relative there. The military likes to make a stonewall against the flooding but the locals are angry cause they think the military makes the wall on the wrong place and that they will drown there area instead of help them. Many factorys and big companys in the area. Ower relatives has a company whit big trucks and they have to move them to safer places...thats not an easy task....around 200 trucks!
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

Return to “Central Thailand”