Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
DermotC
udonmap.com

Re: Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by DermotC » January 28, 2011, 1:25 pm

Shado wrote:
DermotC wrote:Shado,

Can You tell me what method bob was using to catch the Gourami and as a matter of interest what you were using for the Jeramid. I usually fish for Jeramid there myself but i could always use some tips. Cheers

Gourami were caught on a small pice of bread (little fingernail size) under a small float with the bait barely off the bottom.

Pla jeramid were caught on fish balls (the ones used for soup) fishing directly on the bottom.
Cheers Shado, if you even see another farang up there around 40, it'll probably be me. My back has been buggered for the last month or so so im not out as often as Id like. Things seem to getting back to normal though so Ill be spending alot more time there in future. Cheers again

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » January 28, 2011, 1:37 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:Paul,
I'll need to get down and get some of these Planine but we are getting the ground at the back of the hoose landscaped and the wife doesn't want me to leave whilst it's being done. how long are you here for?

Jimmy.
Jimmy, I think Paul told me he's here until the 7th Feb

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » January 28, 2011, 5:08 pm

can not wait to get there and start doing some fishing.
pongpong looking forwards in having a drink with you when i get there.

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » January 28, 2011, 10:27 pm

Jimmy

Good to hear from you, I have to return to Scotland on the 7 th of February, your missing some great fishing!!! The ponds are now over stocked again, You will also see that we have done maintainance since you were last there and continue to do so. My job tomorrow is to continue with the painting!!

Right now I am still not able to fish but ONE day, I have secured the Land for the next 6 years minimum, longer if I want! I also hope to be able to update you on the future of the Park in the next few days as currently in deep discussions with someone who has the same ideas as myself and we are discussing a partnership.

dill I Look forward to meeting you,

regards to All Paul

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 29, 2011, 10:50 am

It's the best place, I've been to them all. My mrs takes up shelter in one of those huts, I lounge around outside with nothing more than a pair of shorts and 50 baht flip flops, the kids wander off and fish in the other ponds with their catapults, the food is great. All of us always go home with a smile on our face.

OT.............. \:D/

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » January 29, 2011, 10:57 am

Tomorrow I will be there.

Jimmy.

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » January 29, 2011, 6:46 pm

Jimmy,

great, look forward to seeing you again and have a blether , Remember if you want to take fish home take the granddaughter with you!.

today I fished for a while I caught several Jeramid but only one that I could be proud of about 8-9 Kilo, even had witnesses for a change!!

Paul

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » January 29, 2011, 9:10 pm

I can confirm that it was a very nice Jeramid! Nice Job Paul. I can also confirm that the park is packed with fish! Those silver carp are a sight to behold, bloody huge!

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » February 2, 2011, 7:19 am

Hi All,had a day out with some guys at here today,never caught anything which is very unusual(unfortunately,the 3 piss takers i had with me did all catch,on my gear,made for an even more enjoyable day for them,good luck guys).I am only posting to say,blank day or not,it was a really enjoyable day,nice to see you again Paul and lovely P,good luck and safe journey home,my fishing pal is back in Udon today so you will see a lot more of me/us soon,to make up for today :D :D :D . Regards to all,johnty.

21again
udonmap.com

Post by 21again » February 4, 2011, 7:18 am

johnty. wrote:Hi All,had a day out with some guys at here today,never caught anything which is very unusual(unfortunately,the 3 piss takers i had with me did all catch,on my gear,made for an even more enjoyable day for them,good luck guys).I am only posting to say,blank day or not,it was a really enjoyable day,nice to see you again Paul and lovely P,good luck and safe journey home,my fishing pal is back in Udon today so you will see a lot more of me/us soon,to make up for today :D :D :D . Regards to all,johnty.
Dear Johnty,
Sorry to hear that you did not have a good day fishing, i know it's the obvious but you did put bait on your hook before casting. You do sound like a bit of a novice.
I mean to say going fishing at Sabai Sabai and NOT catching anything all day is like diving in a swimming pool and not getting wet, impossible.
Could you not have asked the more experienced anglers within your company for advice, sounds like they had a ball.
You say all the gear was yours 4 rods and reels and i presume peripherals/ Well that is a big monetary outlay for a hobby which obviously you are not very good at, reminds me of the guy with no legs who went and bought a football, totally useless.
Have you ever thought of taking up a sport which may be more suitable to your talents, like tiddlywinks or marbles.
Not a big financial outlay and have regional competitions worldwide.
Just a thought, but whatever you decide goodluck

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » February 4, 2011, 7:44 am

You forgot the Smileys 21, unless your looking for a fight ;) :D

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » February 4, 2011, 7:49 am

21again i hope your a friend of jontys and just taking the p***S,if not your bieng a dead set c***t.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 4, 2011, 11:42 am

Jonty is the only farang up there to have caught a siamese carp! I met him once, nice guy and good fisherman!

21again
udonmap.com

Post by 21again » February 4, 2011, 6:14 pm

Which one was it Dermot?

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » February 4, 2011, 6:47 pm

Far left Scorpio, oops sorry 21 again!

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » May 19, 2011, 4:16 am

Hi guys
Posts have been dead for a few months on here, every thing OK at the park and what are the fish taking??? :-k
supose I will find out at this coming weekend \:D/ \:D/

Bill

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 19, 2011, 12:30 pm

Was there at the start of this month before I went back to work, it's about the best you’ll get in Udon. Bread seems to be the best bait at the moment but with the rainy season you will be able to get worms.
There are too many venues claiming there are fish in their ponds only to get your Baht from you. I'm not the greatest fisherman but when you see 20 people fishing and catching nothing its food for thought. At Sabai Sabai most of us regulars have witnessed the fish being put into the pond. Plenty fish there.

Flo
udonmap.com

Post by Flo » May 20, 2011, 10:10 pm

Catching fish out of an overcrowded pond is not a challenge for every angler. I don`t meant to say that Sabai Sabai is not a nice place for fishing but certainly not a challenge at all for any sophisticated angler.

Catching fish at Sabai Sabai is as challenging as trying to find a girlfriend by waving a bunch of notes in the middle of Day and Night at prime time. No challenge but quick success guaranteed!

Flo :mrgreen: :pirate:

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 21, 2011, 3:45 am

And what about about VS in Nong Khai and Samon Farm in Udon? They get plenty customers who know there are plenty fish in these venues. Maybe they are like myself and like to fish where they know there are fish. Guys who fish where there are no signs of anyone catching anything are crazy or just plain stupid. You will find that the places where there are very few fish being caught don't have a good business. Sophistication has nothing to do with fishing, it's just luck. I've seen guys with all sorts of fancy gear catching nothing and someone who has never fished in his life casting out and pulling in fish. Sabai Sabai will do for me, I have had my bad days there as well but I know there are fish there.

Flo
udonmap.com

Post by Flo » May 21, 2011, 10:48 am

Wee Jimmy wrote:And what about about VS in Nong Khai and Samon Farm in Udon? They get plenty customers who know there are plenty fish in these venues. Maybe they are like myself and like to fish where they know there are fish.
Just to avoid a misunderstanding: I did not say that fishing at Sabai Sabai is no fun! In fact I had great fun there catching fish every 2 Minutes but it wasn`t a challenge at all! Like I expressed in my previous post:
Flo wrote:I don`t meant to say that Sabai Sabai is not a nice place for fishing but certainly not a challenge at all for any sophisticated angler.
Wee Jimmy wrote: Guys who fish where there are no signs of anyone catching anything are crazy or just plain stupid.
There are lakes where the non sophisticated and inexperienced "Sabai Sabai angler" will struggle to catch anything. There are other places that are full of giant fish but any angler without the right technique and bait will not catch them but I would not call the "Sabai Sabai angler" stupid just because he hasn`t got a clue.
Wee Jimmy wrote: You will find that the places where there are very few fish being caught don't have a good business. Sophistication has nothing to do with fishing, it's just luck.
That in fact does prove that your knowledge of angling is very limited, but never mind! :D
Wee Jimmy wrote: I've seen guys with all sorts of fancy gear catching nothing and someone who has never fished in his life casting out and pulling in fish.
You do not need any fancy gear to be a good angler. Fancy gear has got nothing to do with sophistication!
Wee Jimmy wrote: Sabai Sabai will do for me, I have had my bad days there as well but I know there are fish there.
Maybe we meet one day at Sabai Sabai and chat about this matter a little further. I know only a few fisheries where angling becomes a challenge and where it becomes a challenge to not become frustrated as knowing of all the big fish are in there and not being able to catch them one after another can be frustrating if you have been to places like Sabai Sabai too many times! :mrgreen:

Straight lines! :pirate:

Flo

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”