UD Waterpark

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
BigRick808
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by BigRick808 » October 13, 2013, 6:13 pm

steadyjohn wrote:I went today, it is pretty good

Not to busy

Johnny
Thanks for the info. Do they have an adults only section? What the price and is there a season pass? I appreciate your reply.

mak
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by mak » October 13, 2013, 6:22 pm

99 baht per day or 990 baht for twelve times. No adult section. Most adults sit and watch their children. Quite well run.

BigRick808
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by BigRick808 » October 13, 2013, 6:40 pm

mak wrote:99 baht per day or 990 baht for twelve times. No adult section. Most adults sit and watch their children. Quite well run.
Thanks!! =D>

papaguido
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by papaguido » October 23, 2013, 1:15 pm

Here now with my family and heres a quick report...

- Fee 99bt regardless if you don't get in the water
- Play Cafe (snack bar) water 15bt, 12 oz cup lemonade 25bt. Chicken nugget set w/fries & Pepsi about 130bt. Also available misc snacks & ice cream, didn't price. Note: Food from outside not permitted.
- Have to redeem money for coupons for food purchases, not sure if needed for vendors.
- Private food vendors; one sells som tam and mama noodles, prices from 30-60bt. Other vendor sells fried chicken or fish(?) patties and Thai sausage balls, price not noted.
- Swimming suits, towels available for rent, price not noted. Note: Swimming caps required (20bt to rent).
- Free WIFI

Summary: it's set up and ran well and mainly caters to kids. No lap pool or deep water areas, but ok to cool off. Will follow up with photos later.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by LoveDaBlues » October 24, 2013, 6:32 am

papaguido wrote:Here now with my family and heres a quick report...

- Fee 99bt regardless if you don't get in the water
- Play Cafe (snack bar) water 15bt, 12 oz cup lemonade 25bt. Chicken nugget set w/fries & Pepsi about 130bt. Also available misc snacks & ice cream, didn't price. Note: Food from outside not permitted.
- Have to redeem money for coupons for food purchases, not sure if needed for vendors.
- Private food vendors; one sells som tam and mama noodles, prices from 30-60bt. Other vendor sells fried chicken or fish(?) patties and Thai sausage balls, price not noted.
- Swimming suits, towels available for rent, price not noted. Note: Swimming caps required (20bt to rent).
- Free WIFI

Summary: it's set up and ran well and mainly caters to kids. No lap pool or deep water areas, but ok to cool off. Will follow up with photos later.
On the Playport facebook page it shows numerous swimmers with no swimming caps. So they make you rent a cap but then don't care if you actually wear it? :confused:

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » October 24, 2013, 11:54 am

Exactly. Had been there yesterday and nobody cared about swimming caps. Most swimmers (kids) did not have one. Apart from that: I thought the Naka Buri Resort was expensive, but this is one is even higher in price, still overrun.

papaguido
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by papaguido » October 24, 2013, 12:31 pm

Was there yesterday between 11:30 - 15:00 and the majority of swimmers wore caps. I think its only enforced by a few of the staff. When asked, my kids prefer Nakaburi faster & taller slides compared to Play Port. Nakaburi also doesn't charge a fee if only there to sit and watch.

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » October 25, 2013, 10:26 am

Ok, I was there 16:30 to 18:00. :lol:

papaguido
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by papaguido » October 25, 2013, 12:07 pm

Techland wrote:Ok, I was there 16:30 to 18:00. :lol:
I only noticed after my son & his cousin got flagged and it happen as they were waiting their turn on the slide. Doesn't matter though we'll never return to Play Port, I rather make the drive to Nakaburi resort...

writemotive
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by writemotive » October 25, 2013, 7:43 pm

Went several times to playport. Had a little trouble keeping the cap on the little one, but both my kids loved it there and when asked prefered it to Naka Buri. I like both and the food is far better at NB, but it's about the kids...

thalenoi
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by thalenoi » November 1, 2013, 6:21 am

Went there yesterday with my less-than-3year young lady.
Parking was no problem (at 10.30)
Someone checked height of my kid, said I had to pay 2x99 (60cm+ must pay?)
When entering was told free for my kid and re-reimbursed 100B 8)
Have cap for little one, was told many times I needed cap also, 10b.
Locker cost 40, takes ages to fill paperwork, need to buy vouchers at entrance for anything you wish to buy, small bottle of water was 25B.
Not sure my little one liked the place, last swimming pool OK to swim for adults (or kids who can swim)
Many staff on premises to watch out for safety of kids.
Wonder if that will still be so when kids are off to school?

greystone

UD Waterpark

Post by greystone » November 3, 2013, 10:56 am

Techland wrote:The 'B' on that map IS the Playport. So do we get two parks or is Lee (as usual) a bit late with news?
Thank you for all the information here concerning Playport. It has been useful.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » December 12, 2013, 8:50 am

It may not look exactly like the picture, nor have as much as initially advertised, it is still something nice for the kids in the Udon area and a bit closer than Nakaburi Hotel for the kids and old dogs to play in the water. Also since it seemed rather popular in October when I went last, there were a lot of people and kids so my sons found classmates from school to play with. It gives a good possible meeting point for friends on birthdays and such for my sons, so I'm pleased with it in spite of any limitations in size, workmanship, quality, or whatever else.

rct
udonmap.com

Play Port = also known as UD Waterpark

Post by rct » April 20, 2014, 7:39 am

Had first experience at Play Port yesterday, 99 baht each, plus had to rent swim caps 10 baht each and give ID to do so (had to return to the car for the ID).

My kids age 5 and 7 really loved it and swam, or rather, played, a solid 3.5 hours, probably up 50 flights of stairs repeating the various water slides. It was a very cheerful and pleasant environment for children.

We arrived at 10h00, and they opened early, so could pick a great spot to park our stuff. My only constructive comments to the management are, need more shady structures for the parents to relax in, the umbrellas are not quite enough shade. The ads that ran from 12h30 to 13h15, nonstop male and female "presenters" talking all about the grilled chicken and pork balls etc, was way too noisy over the loudspeakers.

Saw a life guard dutifully jump in and fish out a chubby kid who was apparently about to drown, the poor kid was unnoticed by other swimmers.

Irishman
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Irishman » April 20, 2014, 7:49 am

I took the kids there a few months ago. If having to wear one of there silly cloth caps is one thing but when they asked me to get out of the pool and cannot swim with my kids? When I asked why I was informed that I had the wrong type of swimming shorts on ( sports shorts with no logo or emblem) so would have to rent one of their own "semi speedos" if want to swim !!! Who knows who's nuts have been in them!

As the kids enjoyed it, sat on lounger and caught some rays but will not be going back there again. Money spinning scheme

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by merchant seaman » April 20, 2014, 8:00 am

Well if the kids enjoyed it, it might be worth another trip. Purchase the proper swim wear or just lay back with a book and let the kids enjoy. At 99 baht a head doesn't sound like a money scheme or a rip off.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » April 20, 2014, 8:23 am

I know it is aimed at kids but it is too busy for me and if I want to sit and relax and watch my dughter play. It is nearly impossible there with the size of the place and with the amount of kids present.

I have discovered a new place to go at the U-turn before Nakaburri on the Nong Khai road - it's set off the main road about 100 metres after the U-turn. It has slides for the kids - smaller pool but enough. It has two small childrens pools and adult pool is only 1.5 metres at it's deepest point. No cap required, good food and beverages available, parking and 100 baht for me and her inclusive. I can't read Thai but she tells me it is called Meelan or Milan.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

monkeyman
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by monkeyman » April 20, 2014, 8:29 am

I had a full invasion of village kids arrive at my farm before Songkran, so took all the rugrats to the water-park and we all had a great day out!

If you have a skin head or bald no water cap is needed :D there were many falaang baldies there that day too, Danny my elder son just wore a baseball cap and no one said anything.. & just wore normal shorts same as the other falaangs....

For the price you cannot really go wrong with this place '

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » April 20, 2014, 12:19 pm

socksy wrote:I have discovered a new place to go at the U-turn before Nakaburri on the Nong Khai road - it's set off the main road about 100 metres after the U-turn. It has slides for the kids - smaller pool but enough. It has two small childrens pools and adult pool is only 1.5 metres at it's deepest point. No cap required, good food and beverages available, parking and 100 baht for me and her inclusive. I can't read Thai but she tells me it is called Meelan or Milan.
Your description is similar to the Nakaburi resort, and not. Price there is higher and the water more deep. So is this a new one or is it the Nakaburi Resort?

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » April 20, 2014, 12:26 pm

Since the recent addition of the extra 'baby pool' with a big multiplay construction (don't know the english word for that one) Playport has become far more attractive than anything else, at least for kids up to 12 or 14 years. Our kids spent 4 hours (!) in that new area alone, they simply couldn't stop to either slide, climb or get showered from the big pot at the top. This way even the high entry price gets justified, somehow.

It's just a pity that they forgot a real adult pool in there. The one they have is also full of kids and teens, and not deep enough.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”