UD Waterpark

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
SanukJoe
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by SanukJoe » May 17, 2014, 2:56 pm

MP-overview-A213 (Custom).png
Overview A Mountain Park
I made a day trip and comparison between two water parks: Mountain Park and Happiness Nonghan, date 15 May 2014.

I took 5 kids from my village on this trip, doing something good is always pleasant, and aside from my daughter the others never get anywhere. So off we went, I tried <socksy> recommendation, but no way I could convince the kids, my fault was that I showed them pics the day before, of Mountain Park, so Mountain Park was our first goal.

We arrived just before 10 am and were the first visitors. Parking next to the pools, free, admission for 5 kids, 5 swim suits (my daughter has one but decided to stick to the black suits, and me, total 650 baht.
They have a large pool in front of the hotel, with a baby pool attached, the main pool is deepest 1.60m, correctly indicated on signs in Thai and English. Had to smile about the "water height", as I thought more water depth, but ok.
The other pool with the 4 slides is overall 1 m deep and in the corner again a baby pool. The slides are not open all day, so the kids remained swimming in both pools, having a refreshment in between. Around noon I asked the staff about the slides and because they liked me (slightly kidding) they started the slides, meaning the pump started pouring water on the slides, necessary for a smooth descend. Big fun for the kids. I was seated in front of the main pool, great view as it looks like a tropical garden, many trees and it's as silent as can be.

Food and drinks are served, prices not overdone, water 15 baht (wait for comparison), I ate Panaeng moo for 130 baht, which is not too bad for a hotel and very tasty. All warm dishes and even coffee come from inside the hotel, ice cream, water and refreshments are available at the stall in between the pools. All day it was very very quiet with visitors.

After having had lunch in the form of Tam makhun (Isan kids) we left and at the 28 km post direction Nonghan we turned left and there was Happiness Nonghan. Size the same, 3 single slides and a triple slide, no cocotrees around, a bit empty, but we had a look. Parking free, admission 69 baht plus if needed 50 baht per swim suit + cap, babies under 1.20 m 80 baht all included. So I paid 664 baht and found a nice chair under parasol directly at the pool. Remarkable was the number of staff, already at the entrance three staff came to help and give info about everything. Also, and that is a main plus point imo, at each of the 5 slides is a guard at the top and a guard at the end, very safe. There is one large pool with 3 single slides and the triple (fast) slide has it's own little pool to land in. There is another small pool which left me unclear of the purpose. All around the pools are I guess 1.20 m deep. There is a large baby section, also with slides and climb constructions, so for people with small kids a great thing.
Food and drinks available inside, kind of cantine with small kitchen with noodle soup, sausages and so on. Shop with ice cream (Magnum Gold 50 baht), chips, water (10 baht) and other refreshments.

All together a nice day for me, a great day for the kids, comparison price wise the same, service the same although more guards for safety in NH, no caps in MP but caps in NH, although I saw quite a lot of swimmers with no cap, don't understand the rules here. Both had clean water, MP has some flowers and leaves in the water, as it is surrounded by trees, but staff take it away. For me NH is 50 km, MP 100 km, so I guess next time NH for me. Food in MP is restaurant food, in NH it's food place food and not much variety. But who comes to a water park to eat? :D
Attachments
NH-overview-C217 (Custom) (2).png
Nonghan overview C
NH-overview-C217 (Custom) (2).png (348.11 KiB) Viewed 2598 times
NH-overview-B216 (Custom).png
Nonghan overview B
NH-overview-A215 (Custom).png
Nonghan overview A
MP-overview-B214 (Custom).png
Overview B Mountain Park

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » May 17, 2014, 5:46 pm

I still have not figured out how to post pictures so that people can actually see them, so thanks Samukjoe. We went to the Happiness park near Nonghan again today and the boys had a lot of fun once again of course. However, the staff came up to talk to me (I guess they remembered me from the incident where I mentioned that the pool may be too shallow for the big slide) and told me that they may be closing for a month to make some of the pools deeper as they may be afraid of injury. That's potentially sad news for me as it's close to home and we like going when it's hot, but it's good that they take safety seriously. Another thumbs up for The Happiness Waterpark! 8)
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by SanukJoe » May 17, 2014, 9:10 pm

Did they mention when exactly they will be closed? Saves me a ride for nothing and more importantly disappointment for a couple of enthusiastic kids.

mak
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by mak » May 17, 2014, 9:37 pm

Closing Monday for a month or more (until the work is done).

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » May 17, 2014, 10:15 pm

That's right they said they'd likely close Monday, but they also said check their website or something online to be sure, but I haven't found it yet. I found a page on Facebook when I googled, but there wasn't anything there.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

mak
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by mak » May 18, 2014, 9:01 am

There is also a waterpark at the Khon Kaen Zoo (Khao Suan Kwang).
Attachments
KK Zoo.jpg

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » May 18, 2014, 3:15 pm

...and there is a review about it (especially the unusable sliders):

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/a ... 43-30.html

boes
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by boes » June 6, 2014, 12:51 pm

The water park opposite Nakhaburi resort is named Milin . The sign on the road is in Thai only, so maybe have to ask
Kids liked it. Entrance 100/head ( only the swimmers) Cheap meals and drink compared to the other side of the road

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » June 6, 2014, 1:31 pm

boes wrote:The water park opposite Nakhaburi resort is named Milin . The sign on the road is in Thai only, so maybe have to ask
Kids liked it. Entrance 100/head ( only the swimmers) Cheap meals and drink compared to the other side of the road
100 baht only for me and daughter - both swimming
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

thalenoi
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by thalenoi » June 15, 2014, 6:05 am

Nong Han water park definitely re-opened, went there June 6.
A nice concept poorly built, low quality all over, don't think it would get exploitation approval in the Western world.
The only positive point is the income price: 69B

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » July 5, 2014, 4:38 pm

Yeah, the Happiness (Nonghan Waterpark) is open. When we went today they asked why we didn't go in so long, but we told them we thought it was going to be closed for the month--apparently only the central pool and slide was closed and still is as work continues. The entrance fee has gone up or returned to regular price as it was 80B for each today in spite of the central pool being closed. It may not have gotten the "exploitation approval" in the Western world, but since we're not in the Western world, I guess I'm just happy to have a fun waterpark close to home for the boys and I to play--though we'll be happier when the central pool and slides are opened again. Hopefully it will be opened before we go to Laos.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”