St Georges Day

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
Prenders88
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by Prenders88 » April 21, 2014, 6:05 pm

Any innkeeper, sausage merchant, doing anything for St Georges Day on the 23rd April ?

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by GARYZX6R » April 22, 2014, 9:34 am

Looks like a no then Prenders :cry:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by Khun Paul » April 22, 2014, 9:58 am

I'll fly the flag of St George.

papafarang
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by papafarang » April 22, 2014, 10:17 am

what do you recon.....toad in the hole or cottage pie ? pint of scrumpy ? sticky toffee pudding ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Prenders88
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by Prenders88 » April 22, 2014, 12:27 pm

papafarang wrote:what do you recon.....toad in the hole or cottage pie ? pint of scrumpy ? sticky toffee pudding ?

Yes Dean, Toad in the Hole, washed down with a pint of Scrumpy Jack and to finish a Knickerbocker Glory.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by stattointhailand » April 22, 2014, 2:08 pm

Cod n chips with a pickled onion (served in newspaper) followed by apple & blackberry pie and custard and a pint of Mild to wash it down

papafarang
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by papafarang » April 22, 2014, 3:15 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Cod n chips with a pickled onion (served in newspaper) followed by apple & blackberry pie and custard and a pint of Mild to wash it down
sadly cod wont be here untill monday :( , but next week i will be doing cod and chips, orderd the very large atlantic cod, not cheap at all but i will be making large or normal cod and chips, mushy peas, pickled onions,bread and butter mug of tea. let you all know the price after i get it,as i said not cheap but i figure a once a month blow out is within everybodies pocket, cant wait :D , bring your own newspaper :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GT93
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by GT93 » April 22, 2014, 4:29 pm

A foreigner might expect you guys to also be enjoying a big cup of tea in the morning. You'll need the air conditioning on high to help you cope with that. Then you might be expected to turn off the air conditioning so you can enjoy and properly hear a good blast of God Save the Queen.

Sometime during the day I suggest you watch "Only Fools and Horses" on youtube so you enjoy the antics of 2 of Britain's finest entrepreneurs. Sorry folks I couldn't resist lobbying in a French word. Enjoy your day.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by merchant seaman » April 22, 2014, 4:36 pm

St Georges Day is a national holiday in many countries, England not being one of them.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

GT93
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by GT93 » April 22, 2014, 4:58 pm

Yes, I now see that. Wikipedia says it's the National Day for England but it's not a national holiday in England or the UK. That's kind of strange. Oh dear, back in Blighty they will be working as usual.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by GARYZX6R » April 22, 2014, 5:02 pm

Wouldnt want to hurt the poor down trodden islamists feelings by celebrating St Georges Day would we :evil:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by Prenders88 » April 22, 2014, 5:16 pm

GARYZX6R wrote:Wouldnt want to hurt the poor down trodden islamists feelings by celebrating St Georges Day would we :evil:

Luckily we have Boris Johnston the Mayor of London bucking the trend, and sticking two fingers up at the lefties, and firebrand Imans who think it is racist to fly the English flag by organizing events in London to celebrate St Georges Day.
We have the Notting Hill Carnival in London for the West Indians, which is not my culture. Why not something for the people who have been there for a 1000 years?

retired
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by retired » April 22, 2014, 5:21 pm

Prenders88 wrote:
GARYZX6R wrote:Wouldnt want to hurt the poor down trodden islamists feelings by celebrating St Georges Day would we :evil:
Nearer the truth than you think!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by jackspratt » April 22, 2014, 5:22 pm

That chip on your shoulder must be weighing you down. =;

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/st-patrick-s- ... ml#nzJb7Qq

Edit: and a few others it seems. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by stattointhailand » April 22, 2014, 5:30 pm

Prenders88 wrote:

Luckily we have Boris Johnston the Mayor of London bucking the trend, and sticking two fingers up at the lefties, and firebrand Imans who think it is racist to fly the English flag by organizing events in London to celebrate St Georges Day.
We have the Notting Hill Carnival in London for the West Indians, which is not my culture. Why not something for the people who have been there for a 1000 years?
Smorgasbord ? L'escargot?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by Aardvark » April 22, 2014, 6:31 pm

jackspratt wrote:
That chip on your shoulder must be weighing you down. =;

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/st-patrick-s- ... ml#nzJb7Qq

Edit: and a few others it seems. :D
Just one Man's opinion. An Old Imam once said, those who turn on their own will be the first to perish, as they have shown they cannot be trusted ... :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by jackspratt » April 22, 2014, 6:45 pm

Aardvark wrote: Just one Man's opinion. An Old Imam once said, those who turn on their own will be the first to perish, as they have shown they cannot be trusted ... :D
Seems he was/is a very obscure Iman, as his pronouncement appears nowhere (that I can find) on the internet. [-(

Have you done the conversion Aardy, and learned to read Arabic? =D>

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by Khun Paul » April 22, 2014, 8:23 pm

When I lived in the UK, I flew the flag of our country and changed it only for the Sints days, George, Patrick etc:- no-one told me NOT to fly and if they had I would have politely told them in good old Anglo Saxon language where to go. If they did not understand they shouldn't be there.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by stattointhailand » April 22, 2014, 8:38 pm

Khun Paul wrote:When I lived in the UK, I flew the flag of our country and changed it only for the Sints days, George, Patrick etc:- no-one told me NOT to fly and if they had I would have politely told them in good old Anglo Saxon language where to go. If they did not understand they shouldn't be there.
OK KP, I've got nothing better to do at the moment, so i'll be the one to bite. :lol:

I lived there for 50 years, and not once did I ever think about putting a flag up ( not even during the world cup in '66) What the 'ell haven't I understood?

PS where did you live ..... Windsor or Balmoral?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

St Georges Day

Post by jackspratt » April 22, 2014, 8:48 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:When I lived in the UK, I flew the flag of our country and changed it only for the Sints days, George, Patrick etc:- no-one told me NOT to fly and if they had I would have politely told them in good old Anglo Saxon language where to go. If they did not understand they shouldn't be there.
OK KP, I've got nothing better to do at the moment, so i'll be the one to bite. :lol:

I lived there for 50 years, and not once did I ever think about putting a flag up ( not even during the world cup in '66) What the 'ell haven't I understood?

PS where did you live ..... Windsor or Balmoral?
I must admit I had some doubts about the "good old Anglo Saxon language" bit, but then I researched it (on google of course), and all became clear. I have included an example below, so others might understand:

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/J ... saxon.html
Attachments
anglo-saxon.jpg

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”