Re: Udon Thani Immigration Office

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 9, 2011, 6:40 pm

trubrit wrote:Anyone going to the 1,000bht a ticket party tonight ? \:D/
Errrr No! They tried it on me, I politely declined. [-(

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » February 9, 2011, 7:25 pm

kopkei thanks for the Sat heads up. I'll go Fri. I know about the 7 day rule, that doesn't change "their" rule, I got a lecture already on being 2 days late and a warning not to do again.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 11, 2011, 12:25 pm

The following page has the latest info and photos for the new immigration office: http://www.udonmap.com/en/udonthani-bus ... ffice.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2011, 7:24 pm

Went for my yearly renewal, no problems although the Pol Capt did take and inordinate amount of time to check the paperwork and asked a question what was the amount I had in my pension as the british Embassy had either forgotten or thought it was not necessary to put the POUND sign before the figure, i was told to get another letter, to which I replied NO, but if they wanted to ask the embassy I am sure they will be only too pleased to allay their fears. I was told not their problem, well it ain't mine, in any event he signed the paperwork. Moral please check everything before going they can be pedantic.

Another aside I was told as my renewal next year falls on a sunday, I said , no problem i can come Monday, I was told NO, very emphatically, 30 days before OK but not a day late.
So they will impose that law very strictly.

Apart from a short sharp conversation with the Capt which ended pleasantly, there were no problems, but I did feel an slight undercurrent of if it is wrong it is your fault, never there's. Logic does not apply, I mean in reality anyone seeing a letter from the British Embassy would assume the figure is in Pound Sterling, not Thai baht or any other seeming weird currency wouldn't you, Well I would, but apparently NOT if your a Thai Immigration Officer, despite also having a copy of the pension amount on another letter from my pension provider which stated quite clearly pounds.

Oh well onwards and ever upwards I say, just a heads up chaps, be careful they can be finicky.

Addendum, I will write to the UK Embassy and ask that they put either the pound sign or state GBP on their letter as Thai officals are seemingly a bit dense.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 12, 2011, 6:51 am

For what it’s worth, Khun Paul, I just looked up my recent UK Embassy letter and note now that GBP was included before the money figure, but no £ sign.
I went other day for my first marriage visa, as opposed to years of retirement applications and ‘sailed through’ – well, as long as it is fully improved when I have to go back in a month! Got there early, fully prepared and must have been out well within an hour. Only three or four other applicants. The officer was efficient, not without humour – my photos were ‘too big’, but accepted. He asked several questions of my wife and witness, the latter the village Poo Yai Baan who happens usefully to be my next door neighbour. I signed a form written in Thai which included my parents’ names, no idea what it said (perhaps I’ve bought 100 Policemans Ball tickets?), although another poster refers to its’ purpose.
Anticipating all went through ok, I asked the position for next year and surprised to hear you have to repeat it all including photos, witness. Phew! Again, with humour, the officer explained many marriages don’t last and that farangs sometimes pay Thai ladies to marry, ONLY with the purpose of obtaining a marriage visa.
But pleasant office now, lot better working environment than Nong Khai or the Airport IMO for the officers and for applicants.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 18, 2011, 9:13 am

went to immigration to extend marriage visa ( support thai wife )
maybe boring for some but i will make a detail of what i took
2 kopies of : complete passport,( only stamped pages), arrival card , id card wife, homebook , marriage certificate ,
bankbook ( on your name only, money + 400.000 bath there 2 months before application ) , id card witness, homebook witness...
than , 2 bank statements ( what new is here ? the statement must be dated same day extension, stating the amount on your account mentioning separate end balance of the last 3 months, in my case was , dec + 400.000, jan +400.000, feb + 400.000) as i did only have same last year had to go back to bank and change...
2 tm 7 forms and 2 photo
than we get the picture thing, what you need in double , 1 photo in front of the house ( i have), 1 photo in the living room ( i have ) , and yes 1 picture in the bedroom ,( did not have , but they accepted my pictures for this year stating change 1 next year ) , all printed on photo paper , they not except regular paper ( as i did last year )
2 self drawn plan to your home,
what i must say immigration udon was very friendly and help full ,let's hope this stay's this way.. ( in a way , they are also slave of the system, and must enforce this system whether they like it or not ...)
payed my 1.900 bath fee and of we went....
i hope this helps out other applicants...,good luck to all... ;)

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 18, 2011, 2:05 pm

kopkei wrote:went to immigration to extend marriage visa ( support thai wife )
payed my 1.900 bath fee and of we went....
Komkei, does the witness have to be a government employee or can it be a neighbor? Also, the 1900 Baht fee...is for the marriage visa renewal. Is it the same fee for a retirement visa renewal?

God Bless!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 18, 2011, 3:15 pm

hi semper,
yes it can be your neighbor ( it was in my case , 2nd time all ready),no problem,and yes fee marriage and retirement visa same, 1.900bath :D

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 18, 2011, 3:29 pm

here the visa regulations for retirement visa , as they are stated on the immigration information folder
Application for retirement visa extension,
as of the 3~ December 2008.
Be advise to bring original and two copies of each document mentioned below,
though If It's a letter to the Immigration Officer the original document plus one copy.
® Extension application form (T.M.7) in filled form,
complete with picture.
1. Photo copies of passport or travel document. (Complete with copy of all pages that anything to do with the current visa,
re-entry visa's arrival stamps and current TM.6 slip etc.) Original Passport Book need to be shown too.
2. Valid visa, category NON-IMMIGRANT "0"
(This visa can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy or consulate, outside the Kingdom of Thailand.)
3. Applicant's age must be 50 years or more.
4. In case of having monthly income. Applicant must provide of a monthly income with a minimum of 65,000 baht.
Thai evidence must include a latter of certification issued by the Embassy / Consulate of which applicant hold citizenship.
(Embassy / Consulate stamp need to verified by Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular Department at Chaeng Wattana Road, BKK)
Income could be pension, interest, investment payoff etc. (Evidence and letters etc. only accepted in English and / or Thai,
all other Languages must be translated and verified)
5. In case of having a saving deposit account in a bank with in Thailand. The available balance must be least 800,000 Thai baht,
and has to be in your bank account for at least 3 months before your visa renewal.
6. The Bank must issue a letter of verification. (Bank Statement) Stating the current balance of the saving deposit account.
(Bank Statement should be made the same day as application for visa extension is submitted)
Copies of all pages of Saving Deposit Account Passport Book. (Note; money must be in a Thai Bank.)
7. In case of having both monthly income and saving deposit account. Total sum of monthly income multiplied by 12 (Year Income)
plus the current balance on Saving Deposit Account must be at least 800,000 Thai Baht. (Evidence as mentioned in paragraph 4&6 must be provided too.)
8. One photo size 4x6 cm. Full photo taken within the past 6 months.
9. Copy of House Registration Book, for the applicant reside in. (Bring original book too.)
10. Application fee for extension is 1,900 Thai baht.
11. Other needed documents as informed by Immigration Officer
only as info , good luck with applications ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 18, 2011, 3:33 pm

same here for marriage visa ,
Application for visa extension In case of foreign
husband stays with Tai national wife, as of the
3 December 2008.
Be advise to bring original and two copies of each document mentioned below, though if it's a
letter to the Immigration Officer the original
document plus one copy.
1. Extension application form (T M.7) in filled form, complete with picture.
2. Photo copies of passport or travel document.
(Complete with copy of all pages that have anything to do with the current visa re-entry visas, arrival stamps and current TM.6 slip etc.)
3. Valid visa, category NON-IMMIGRANT "O" or "B"
(This Visa can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy or consulate, outside the Kingdom of Thailand.)
4. In case of working, the.average income of the husband must be not less than 40,000 Thai Baht.
If the husband Works he must have a Work Permit. Income Tait papers from previous year.
(Phor.Ngor.Dor. 1,Phor.Ngor.Dor.9 l,Phor.Ngor.Dor.94) or have money 400,000 B up of husband.
5. Or in case of receiving pension. Applicant must provide evidence of a monthly pension
with a minimum of 40,000 Thai Baht. Evidence must include a letter of certification issued by
the Embassy/ Consulate of which applicant holds citizenship
(Embassy / Consulate stamp meeds needs to be verified by Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular.Department at Chaeng Wattana Road, BKK)
and husband must show money exit in thai bank 400,000 baht;before 2 months. (Evidence and letters etc.accepted in English and / or Thai only,
all other languages must be translated and verified)
6. The Bank must issue a letter of verification (Bank Statement). Stating the current balance of the saving deposit account.
(Bank Statement should be made the same day as application of visa extension is submitted)
Copies of all pages of Saving Deposit Account Passport Book. (Note; money must be in a Thai Bank. Before 2 months)
7. Marriage Certificate. If marriage outside Thailand, the Certificate must be certified by the Embassy. /
Consulate of country where you got marriage. (Embassy/Consulate stamp. needs to be verified by Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Consular Department at Chaeng Wattana Road, BKK)
(Only English and/or Thai, Marriage Certificate are accepted, all other languages must be translated and verified).
8. The wife's Identity Card and House Registration Book.
9. Two photos size 4x6 cm. Full face photos of husband taken within the past 6 months.
10. Birth certificates of children. (If applicable)
11. Application fee for extension is 1,900 Thai baht.
12. House map
13. House Photo, Photo of spouse in bedroom, Photo of living room.( in thai language folder they say picture both in bedroom , not only spouse..)
14. Other needed documents as informed by Immigration Officer.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 20, 2011, 3:33 pm

A question as I am always asked for my bank book. Surely if your pension income letter from the embassy shows an amount equal or more than the requirement, be it , marriage or retirement option, It shouldn't be necessary to have any money in a Thai bank account ? Does anyone else get this?
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » February 20, 2011, 4:32 pm

I'm on a retiree visa and have not had to show my bank book for several years. I juts show them the letter from the embassy showing my pension.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » February 20, 2011, 4:33 pm

Yes TB I was asked once for a bank book, in October 2009 at the Nong Khai Office. It was almost like an after thought by the officer, "do you have a bank book?" I just said no, that I would have to go back to Udon to get it and the officer just brushed it aside, never mentioned it again. Actually it was in the car :-" but I was prepared to do battle as I had an embassy letter showing a pension income exceeding the requirement, and the bank book was definitely not required. The next year at the Udon office it was never mentioned.

This year should be interesting as I have moved out of the province and now deal with the Amnat Charoen Office, so no telling what little rules they may have invented there. My first 90 day report with them went smoothly. I filled out the change of residence form and handed over two copies of passport pages an he handed it all back to me, keeping only one copy of the front page of my passport. Didn't ask for yellow book or anything. The whole process took about ten minutes and most of that time was spent looking for the proper rubber stamp. Couldn't find it so had to get one from the next desk. I gather they don't get many farangs down here.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 20, 2011, 4:46 pm

no TB & jim, if you have sufficient money on your pension income letter from your embassy , you normally do not have to show any bankbook ( as mike also says) , but may be the requirement to see bankbook falls under paragraph 11 of the regulations mentioned above..., they can ask anything...

stoneman
udonmap.com

Post by stoneman » February 21, 2011, 3:03 pm

trubrit wrote:A question as I am always asked for my bank book. Surely if your pension income letter from the embassy shows an amount equal or more than the requirement, be it , marriage or retirement option, It shouldn't be necessary to have any money in a Thai bank account ? Does anyone else get this?
Just to echo everyone else's answer, I have had a retirement "visa" for 6 years and I have never had a Thai bank account...The letter from the Embassy has always been sufficient..

Stoneman

marshbags
udonmap.com

Post by marshbags » March 22, 2011, 5:35 pm

A quick observation re the Thai bank book.

Could it be that some officers ask for one so as to see money being physically spent on income while here as an option to ATM slips.

I was once once informed on this when applying for my yearly extension.

Anyway my reason for posting is to give well deserved kudos to Udon Immigration regarding the well organised 90 day reporting.

I was all of 5 mins getting the renewal. ( I had filled the new application in at home prior to going )

Plenty of assistance by way of some very cheerful students, all to willing to help and process things before passing on to the officer on this duty.

He was also very friendly and only took a couple of minutes.

marshbags =D>

P.S.

I didn,t notice any footwear in the doorway and didn,t have to take mine off. :D

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » March 22, 2011, 9:38 pm

I guess it all depends on with one does your processing, the BLOODY Woman that did my Retirement Visa processing this month had me to draw directions to my house. My 8 years of doing a retirement visa and that was a first for me.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » March 23, 2011, 8:25 am

bigsnake wrote:I guess it all depends on with one does your processing, the BLOODY Woman that did my Retirement Visa processing this month had me to draw directions to my house. My 8 years of doing a retirement visa and that was a first for me.
Does anyone have an opinion that immigration is actually using these hand drawn maps to locate a residence to verify actually living there? If the post office can locate your residence for mail delivery, why does immigration need a map?

NOLA
udonmap.com

Post by NOLA » March 23, 2011, 9:40 am

Tutone...I agree with you and I also have had my yellow book for six years now and was asked for the map to my home on my last retirement extension, which is only a requirement for marriage visa extensions...I was also informed that Immigration officers are from the Thailand Police...If this is true, I'm sure the police could find me, why can't they??? I think they just like to abuse the power they have over us...That last rule they use should be stricken from the requirements.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 23, 2011, 10:07 am

marshbags wrote:A quick observation re the Thai bank book.

Could it be that some officers ask for one so as to see money being physically spent on income while here as an option to ATM slips.

I was once once informed on this when applying for my yearly extension.

Anyway my reason for posting is to give well deserved kudos to Udon Immigration regarding the well organised 90 day reporting.

I was all of 5 mins getting the renewal. ( I had filled the new application in at home prior to going )

Plenty of assistance by way of some very cheerful students, all to willing to help and process things before passing on to the officer on this duty.

Got to agree, I was there doing my 90 day reporting on Friday and I would say I was hardly in the office 5 mins. It's a big welcomed change.

He was also very friendly and only took a couple of minutes.

marshbags =D>

P.S.

I didn,t notice any footwear in the doorway and didn,t have to take mine off. :D

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”