visas

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
peterg

visas

Post by peterg » July 19, 2010, 10:41 am

can i get an "o-a" retiremant visa at the thai consulate in laos, or just a type "o"???

papaguido
udonmap.com

Re: visas

Post by papaguido » July 19, 2010, 11:03 am

Type "O" only

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 19, 2010, 11:16 am

peterg wrote:can i get an "o-a" retiremant visa at the thai consulate in laos, or just a type "o"???
Sorry more to add:

However, you might be able to obtain an "O-A" visa in BKK.

3. Channels to submit application

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located on Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel 0-2287-4948 (direct) or 0-2287-3101 - 10 ext. 2236.

Might call first.

Source from:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

peterg

Post by peterg » July 19, 2010, 2:32 pm

thank you so much papa...

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » July 19, 2010, 4:09 pm

Hi,
Peterg. Went through this last year. A "O" type visa cannot be obtained in LOS. It must be got in a country outside of LOS. I got mine in Hull. Can be obtained in Lao. so Imm. state. It can be extended to a "O-A" visa in LOS. at immigration. I had to go down to the British Embassy in BKK. to get a letter from them to confirm my pensions came to more than 800,000B. Required for retirement visa. As I was married i said to Imm. I thought it was only 400,000B if married. They say no it was 800KB The 400KB was for a marriage visa. TIT. The B.E. give me a letter stating that my pensions were XXX number of GBP. per-year. You need proof of this, they excepted a copy of my British bank statement with the pensions being paid in, highlighted. Went to B.E., at 1000Hrs when it opened and was told it would be ready for collection next morning. You can get it through the post, but I had to go to BBK at the time. Went to immigration at N.K. Udon was not opened then, to get my "O-A" extension. You also have to report to Imm. every 90 days, if you go when they just open, will not take long. Don't forget if you leave LOS, even for one day, you have to fill in a form, I think a TM7, not sure, sorry, and submit it to Imm. before you leave LOS. or when you return to LOS you will only get a 15 day stamp if going to Lao. Cost 1,000B for one trip or 3,800B for a multi one, and one photo required.
I know it seems a lot of hassle, but I hated that 90 day border run.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 19, 2010, 9:37 pm

You cannot get an O-A visa in Thailand, either in its original form, or as a conversion from an O visa (despite what the Ministry of Foreign Affairs incorrectly says on its outdated website). O-A visas can only be obtained from your home country, as one of the requirements is a police clearance from your country of residence.

You can get an extension of an O-A visa in Thailand, based on retirement. However, an extension is just that - it is not a visa

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”