UK Visa Applications

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
redgoglac
udonmap.com

Re: UK Visa Applications

Post by redgoglac » April 14, 2010, 6:15 pm

This is a confusing issue. I am in the UK and am engaged to my Thai fiance. I phoned the UK Immigration Enquiry Bureau today and was told my g/f should apply for a six month fiance visa. After six months we could then apply for a Spouse Visa, FLRM.
I asked what was the form number for the fiance visa but was told they didn't have this as the application had to be made from Thailand. Does anyone know which this specific Fiance Visa is?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 14, 2010, 6:31 pm

The Embassy do not actually process the visa - that is now done by a company called VFS Global.
http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/visa-info.aspx

The visa you need is under Special Visitors "Visitors coming to get married"
Although you will certainly have to read more on there than just that!!

ThaiVisaExpress
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiVisaExpress » June 15, 2010, 1:50 pm

VFS just collect the documents they make no decisions on the visa at all.

You require to meet all the requirements of paragraph 280 of the Immigration rules :

If you are outside the UK
If you are subject to immigration control and you want to come to the UK in this category, you can apply to do so if your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner is:

■currently living in the UK and settled here; or
■returning to the UK with you to live here permanently.
Both you and your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner must be at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces). Additionally, you must both show that:

■you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months);
■you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership;
■you have met each other;
■until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for you and any dependants to live without help from public funds (see Rights and responsibilities for more information on what this means); and
■you and any dependants can be supported without working or needing help from public funds.

Once married you apply for FLR using this form :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lrm1020091

If you require professional help feel free to contact me , we are registered advisers with the OISC and have offices in the UK/Pattaya.

ThaiVisaExpress
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiVisaExpress » June 16, 2010, 10:13 am

The form you require is a Vaf 4 not a special visitors visa, you are entering the country to marry as the fiance/proposed civil partner, as advised above.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by easterneye » June 16, 2010, 12:07 pm

ThaiVisaExpress wrote:Its actually cheaper to get married in BKK you recieve a 2 year settlement visa straight away cost £515 add ILR after year 2 £750. I do this for a living im based in the UK , its by far the cheapest option the reason some of my clients go for the other option is to ensure they settle.
This is a bit of a broad statement to make ,,,,,,its not for everyone ,,,,,,as most Thais have never been outside Thailand to legally marry her in the LOS and then go to the UK on a 2 year visa then after 6 months or so of the UK she upsticks and back to Thailand ,,,,,,you have to consider then then division of your assets in the ensuing divorce ,,,,,,,,,, I would certainly reccomend the 6 month fiancee visa for anyone who has not been to the UK .

ThaiVisaExpress
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiVisaExpress » June 16, 2010, 12:40 pm

Let’s not twist things I was advising on the cheapest options most of my clients go for a tourist visa first then apply for a fiancé visa or return to marry.

Was I advising anyone to marry?

Just stating on the relevant costs of each application, the client decides on which visa suits his/her needs.

The applicant would not even get a settlement visa unless they demonstrated to the ECO the relationship was subsisting and they met all the requirements of paragraph 281 of the relevant rules, as for a fiance visa the same applies no visa is granted unless the embassy are satisfied you meet all the requirements.

Each application is judged on its own merits, we dont give relationship advice or marriage guidance we process entry clearance applications.

Regards Paul

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » June 21, 2010, 11:56 am

I wasn,t saying that you had advised anyone to marry Paul ,, but I merely pointing out the other side of the coin of marrying a Thai that had never been outside the LOS ,,,, unfortunately I have 2 friends here that now live here alone because their wives cannot live here permanantly after missing their homeland too much .
Allthough ( so far ) neither is heading for divorce its an awfull situation ,, living that far apart ,, it certainly wouldnt be for me ,,
Having said that their situations are that one of them married in Thai and came over with the 2 year ticket ,, and the other one went the fiancee visa route .
All in all its a long expensive path whatever route we go down ,, with the UK government bleeding us at every oppurtunity ,, a good deal of good luck I think also has to go into the pot .
Best wishes to all whatever path you go down
Cheers

ThaiVisaExpress
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiVisaExpress » June 22, 2010, 11:21 am

You have no guarantee with any marriage or relationship in Thailan/UK/EU .

redgoglac
udonmap.com

Post by redgoglac » August 6, 2010, 6:43 pm

Paul.
VAF 4 is a settlement visa so why the need for FLR M form? I think there is confusion with the way the various ofrms are labelled. Can someone here in the UK and married on a VAF 1 use a FLR M form and stay here after the 6 months is up?

redgoglac
udonmap.com

Post by redgoglac » August 6, 2010, 6:56 pm

This from the UK Border Agency site on using the form FLRM so I am I correct in thinking once she is over here and married she cna use this form? Or is that too simple?

FLR(M) Guidance Notes (Version 07/2010) - Page 1
1 FOR WHICH APPLICATIONS MUST YOU USE FORM FLR(M)?
Form FLR(M) must be used if you are applying for an extension of stay in one of the following categories:
spouse or civil partner of a person present and • settled in the UK
unmarried or same-sex partner of a person • present and settled in the UK
You and any children under 18 applying with you must be in the UK to apply.
Anyone applying for an extension of stay in the above-mentioned categories must apply - also on form FLR(M) - for a biometric immigration document,
otherwise known as a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
For more information about this, please read Biometric Residence Permit on pages 5 and 6
these guidance notes.
If you have already been given leave to enter
remain for 2 years as the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person present and settled in the UK, and are nearing completion of that period, you must use form SET(M) if you want to apply for indefinite leave to remain.
GUIDANCE NOTES

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”