Extention at Imm. Retirement.

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » November 8, 2012, 11:34 am

Hi,
Just been down to Udon Imm. Went down Tuesday to get forms and see what they wanted me to bring. Went down Wednesday with what they said. My letter from the British Embassy was in GBP when i converted it to B i made it just over 810KB, this was my pensions, when they converted it, it came to 6,000B short of 800KB. There conversion rate was lower than what i was quoted in the bank. The wife had a bank savings book, under both our names, with 10,000B in it. Showed them this but they would not accept this. They said, as the account was in both our names i only had 5,000B in it and i would have to deposit a further 2,000B to bring my share up to 6,000B TIT. Did this and it was accepted, touched my forelock and walked out.
Just like to inform people about this.
By the way, they allso require a map of your home and how to get to it from Imm. I took it from Goolle Earth and they accepted this. This requirement was not in the leaflet they give me to get an extention.
Other than this all went well, all we had a laugh about it.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » November 8, 2012, 11:42 am

Seems a bit much as the rate from the bank should be the one to follow. Ah well TIT.

By the way, anyone tried taking money out of Thailand recently? I went to the bank yesterday to send 10,000 baht to my Aussie bank account. Bank - Can't do. Need a reason. Me - Well I'm sending money from my bank account here to my bank account in Australia! Bank - What for? Me - 'm going to invest it/spend it/whatever. Bank - you have a bill to show where it's going? Me - no. Bank - Can't do.

What a pain and Id hate to be a retiree with 800,000 baht here and try to move it out again.

They've tightened up on money going out of Thailand for fraud/laundering etc reasons. That's what they told the wife. A total pain.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 8, 2012, 12:15 pm

Well I always take a International currency exchange rate print out on the day in question, they cannot argue with that and with the embassy letter does me well enough, as for a map , not moved thay now have 5 maps so another will not make any difference, NOT THAT THEY have ever visited.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 8, 2012, 12:23 pm

Was at Immigration this AM for an annual extension based on retirement. All went smoothly and all smiles from female officer with black frame glasses, up until the end when her demeanor slightly changed when I presented her with exact change (1,900), kind of like being told there's no such thing as Santa Claus.

Anyway, I presented the following documentation and was satisfactorily accepted.

TM.7 Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom
TM.47 Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days (report date coincided with extension).
Passport
Copy of passport photo/data page
Copy of transfer of Non "O" visa page (new passport), departure card & last years permission to stay entry.
Embassy income letter
Copy of Yellow Book
Copy of wife's ID, House Book and marriage certificate.
Map
*Bank letter & copy of savings pass book not requested.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » November 8, 2012, 5:09 pm

Hi.
Phil showed them a copiy of the bank exchange raie. They would not accept it and showed me their exchange rate on their computer. Well below 49B to the GBP I did not want to start a row over 2000B so i went to the bank and put 2000B in it. The easiest way to solve the problem. This is the first time since 2005 that i have had this problem.
Pap i had everything that you had. I only got my pensions statment from the B.E., in sterling, and in my way, going by what the bank told me, it was over 800KB so did not bother with anything else.
Just warning people to check the exchange rate, at Imm, if tight. if i had known this i would of put some monies in our joint bank account. Plus in a joint accout they said i only had half the amount in the joint bank account, the wife had the other half , so they would not take the other 5000B as mine. Hence having to put the extra in it. The police, doctors and Imm. i dont go against, i dont think you can win in the long run.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » November 8, 2012, 6:52 pm

Papaguido, if your extension is based on retirement and not marriage, you shall not need to show Copy of wife's ID, House Book and marriage certificate.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 8, 2012, 7:01 pm

JR wrote:Papaguido, if your extension is based on retirement and not marriage, you shall not need to show Copy of wife's ID, House Book and marriage certificate.
First off, it's what the immigration officer told me last year and the year before that.

Secondly, as I understand it, it's required for proof of residence, i.e. if I rented I house I would require a copy of the rental agreement, copy of landlords house book and ID.

The house I live in is my wife's name. Since she doesn't provide me with a rental agreement then the link to establish relationship to the house owner is the marriage certificate.

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » November 8, 2012, 7:47 pm

papaguido wrote:
JR wrote:Papaguido, if your extension is based on retirement and not marriage, you shall not need to show Copy of wife's ID, House Book and marriage certificate.
First off, it's what the immigration officer told me last year and the year before that.

Secondly, as I understand it, it's required for proof of residence, i.e. if I rented I house I would require a copy of the rental agreement, copy of landlords house book and ID.

The house I live in is my wife's name. Since she doesn't provide me with a rental agreement then the link to establish relationship to the house owner is the marriage certificate.

Yep..same happened to me for 3 years.........but last year we forgot the Marriage Certificate...the Avon Lady, in NK said 'its OK, you come here for long time...bring next year " :shock: :shock:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 8, 2012, 8:14 pm

Is this another instance of where the (sometimes derided) yellow house book is valuable? =D> :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 8, 2012, 8:56 pm

Papaguido, you also do not need a TM47 when filling in a TM7 ..... the TM7 covers all the requirements of the TM47 ....ie: - you have to be there to apply for your visa, so it is assumed that you have "reported". :lol:

In 9 years neither NK or Udon have ever asked about a TM47 when extending my visa

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » November 8, 2012, 10:22 pm

In Nong Khai, you now, neither fill in a form for the 90 day report or annual extension, its all in the Computer. They even take your photograph.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 9, 2012, 5:34 am

stattointhailand wrote:Papaguido, you also do not need a TM47 when filling in a TM7 ..... the TM7 covers all the requirements of the TM47 ....ie: - you have to be there to apply for your visa, so it is assumed that you have "reported". :lol:

In 9 years neither NK or Udon have ever asked about a TM47 when extending my visa
I'll be sure to remind the immigration officer of this next time around, she's the one that handed me TM47 to fill out.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » November 9, 2012, 7:45 am

Hi,
JR when i got my extention, retirement, my wife was with me. She had to show her ID, they photo copied it, and she had to sign it. She also had to fill in a form. I have yet to see a yellow book, so could not bring one, we own the house and land, I have never had any trouble, in LOS by not having one.
Dave i asked at Udon Imm, why they dont scan the chip in the passport, which has all your details on it, They said they dont have a reader for it. This chip has been in use now for over 5 years, and was made to make life easier.
Also to be exact you are not applying for a visa, you are applying for a permision to stay Thailand. Check the stamp on your P.P..

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 26, 2013, 11:46 am

the wife and I did our Retirement extensions Monday the 23rd. In around 10:30AM, got our "chit" sat down and were called 30 seconds later. 35 minutes later we walked out with our extensions and multiple re-entry permits with all in order.. We had our TM7's and TM8's already prepared, needing only our signatures.. We had photos, copies of passport face page, income affidavit (U.S. Embassy provided) and housebook (primary page and current occupant page). They had us sign one additional form that was in Thai/English which was a form letter requesting the extension. The immigration officer was surprised that my Thai-American wife also filed separately for the O-A NIV retirement extension based on her retirement income... She said this was the first Thai-American (dual) she'd seen doing so..

The procedure even though relatively quick was a pile of paperwork, signing each copy, with many stampings by the officer.. You would think that they could automate the procedure to entering your data into their system and printing some type of adhesive Permit to Stay extension and MRV as well as automating the payment procedure.
Dave

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » December 26, 2013, 9:20 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:the wife and I did our Retirement extensions Monday the 23rd. In around 10:30AM, got our "chit" sat down and were called 30 seconds later. 35 minutes later we walked out with our extensions and multiple re-entry permits with all in order.. We had our TM7's and TM8's already prepared, needing only our signatures.. We had photos, copies of passport face page, income affidavit (U.S. Embassy provided) and housebook (primary page and current occupant page). They had us sign one additional form that was in Thai/English which was a form letter requesting the extension. The immigration officer was surprised that my Thai-American wife also filed separately for the O-A NIV retirement extension based on her retirement income... She said this was the first Thai-American (dual) she'd seen doing so..

The procedure even though relatively quick was a pile of paperwork, signing each copy, with many stampings by the officer.. You would think that they could automate the procedure to entering your data into their system and printing some type of adhesive Permit to Stay extension and MRV as well as automating the payment procedure.
Sign them before you go, they will put the stamp over your signature can save a fair bit of time.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 26, 2013, 9:32 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:\
They wouldn't dare do anything that would cause them to have to give up that pile of stamps on each of their desks. Those things make them feel very important!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » December 27, 2013, 5:21 am

To that, I have to add that when I extended my visa in October, I had filled out and signed all the forms and even drawn the map at home. As soon as I sat down, I realized that I needed to visit an ATM. While I was out, the officer processed nearly all the paperwork in my absence. Do it at home then bring it in, it can't hurt.

Paladin
udonmap.com

Post by Paladin » December 27, 2013, 8:15 am

Yesterday I applied for a Marriage Visa which all was O.K. When finished the lady said to me that as my Pension was over 500,000 per annum I could apply for a Retirement Visa if I had 300,000 in the Bank. The monies combined would allow me to apply for that Visa. This is the first time I ever heard of that,

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 27, 2013, 8:46 am

Paladin wrote:Yesterday I applied for a Marriage Visa which all was O.K. When finished the lady said to me that as my Pension was over 500,000 per annum I could apply for a Retirement Visa if I had 300,000 in the Bank. The monies combined would allow me to apply for that Visa. This is the first time I ever heard of that,
Have read of others using the combined income method (monthly & annual). However, it varies from immigration office to immigration office or a matter interpretation by the immigration officer.

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » December 27, 2013, 10:22 am

Paladin wrote:Yesterday I applied for a Marriage Visa which all was O.K. When finished the lady said to me that as my Pension was over 500,000 per annum I could apply for a Retirement Visa if I had 300,000 in the Bank. The monies combined would allow me to apply for that Visa. This is the first time I ever heard of that,
Correct, Combo method only good for retirement extensions.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”