Attn. UK Passport holders

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 26, 2014, 4:44 pm

The goal posts have moved again for passport renewal see here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713 ... -thailand/

Even though strict TTF our government does not jerk us around to the extent yours has, over the past few years, on this issue!

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 26, 2014, 5:01 pm

so fly down, apply,fly back. wait a week fly back down again coolect and fly back. goody goody gumdrops. last time it was just a visit to the bangkok bank for a bankers draft, then stop at UPS and send off ,nice and easy. feel sorry for some of the older guys who find traveling hard work
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » March 26, 2014, 5:28 pm

I was going to post application next month for my passport , so if i am reading the information correct
I have to make a appointment , then travel to Bangkok with application form , then return a later date to
collect my pass poert. Am i correct ?

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 26, 2014, 5:39 pm

Good job its only once every ten years .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 26, 2014, 5:52 pm

Next TUESDAY Is April 1st, Me thinks someone is TRYING to Wind one up......( A little Early,Maybe :? :? :lol: :lol:)

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » March 26, 2014, 7:48 pm

I just filled out everything yesterday, just need the photos and send to Liverpool

It's no winde up I just went through the process again and must go to Bangkok

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » March 26, 2014, 8:02 pm

Just send them an email, it's not to bad for me as I had to go to Bangkok anyway to apply for my sons passport so I'll do both at same time,

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 26, 2014, 9:22 pm

Strange that Her Majestys Passport Office would want British nationals to apply at a place renowned for corruption,lawlessness and passport fraud !

No,no......I'm talking about Liverpool not Bangkok ! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 26, 2014, 9:31 pm

Zidane wrote:Strange that Her Majestys Passport Office would want British nationals to apply at a place renowned for corruption,lawlessness and passport fraud !

No,no......I'm talking about Liverpool not Bangkok ! 8)
Ha ! Ha ! You're in a happy mood, Considering.... :lol: Have yer been on The Red Horse, Andy.... :? :?

joepai
udonmap.com

Importand news for Brits

Post by joepai » March 27, 2014, 9:22 am

Her Majesty’s Passport Office is making important changes to the way it delivers British passports overseas. The goal is to ensure that all British nationals living overseas receive a consistent, trusted, secure and efficient service whilst keeping the costs as low as possible. In order to do that, on 10 December 2013, responsibility for handling passport applications in Thailand passed from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to Her Majesty’s Passport Office.

Following on from this, from 26 March 2014, British nationals in Thailand will submit passport applications, in person by appointment only, to the UK Visa Application Centre in Bangkok. All the information needed to complete the passport application process, including the address and contact details for the UK Visa Application Centre, are available on GOV.UK at https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

This change may seem inconvenient, but the new measures being put in place support the wider public protection, helping to ensure that the risks of fraud and identity theft are minimised for those living and working overseas.

If you need to travel urgently but your passport is not available, you should still contact the Consular Assistance Team at the British Embassy in Bangkok on tel +66 2 305 8333 or e-mail [email protected] In certain circumstances Consular staff may be able to issue an Emergency Travel Document, but this is not a substitute for a full UK passport. So the best course of action is to apply as early as possible, and to make sure that you follow the new guidelines.

Please note that Consular staff at the Embassy in Bangkok will not be able to take calls about individual passport applications and they cannot countersign passport applications. If you cannot find the information you need on GOV.UK you should contact the Passport Adviceline on +44 300 222 0000 (operates from 8am-8pm UK time) or e-mail: [email protected].
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » March 27, 2014, 9:35 am

Just sent email to [email protected] returned mail email address not known ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 27, 2014, 9:50 am

I have heard that others have had that problem as well..
I guess someone will complain to the Embassy & they will do something about it eventually..

Two 600Km trips to Bangkok to get a passport that is being processed in Liverpool & they will not even supply details of what is happening to it. :shock:
Presumably as your old passport is only usable for means of identification, not travel, after you apply for a new one... It will be necessary to take a bus, train or car back from the Embassy after applying & back to the Embassy to pick up a new one.. :(

What a disgraceful way to treat its' citizens when compared to say the American Embassy attitude & service to its' citizens.

The Government should be roundly admonished for the complete shambles associated with the new passport procedures. Whatever they bleat about security is just nonsense this is all about saving money & to hell with the people that have to endure it.

I was going to renew my Passport from Thailand early next year. After seeing this shambolic system i think I will do it in June while I am in the UK instead...

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 27, 2014, 10:11 am

Just checked my passport. 22 pages yet to use. :D
By the time I need a new one the rules will have changed yet again. If they haven't I'll do the same as Bob and renew to coincide with a trip back to the UK.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » March 27, 2014, 10:25 am

Bobhelm i have just realised my passport will unabled to be used for my flight back .Having said that how do you return to collect the new one ? I will have to make enquires surely the passpoert will be ok until you receive the new one .

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » March 27, 2014, 11:10 am

you dont need your passport to travel domestic flights within Thailand, use your driving licence (thai) ive been doing that for years and travel every month on flights

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » March 27, 2014, 11:15 am

plumbers wrote:Just sent email to [email protected] returned mail email address not known ?
i got the same, i ended up sending to the visa section waiting on reply

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » March 27, 2014, 11:48 am

I have sent a email asking them to clarify how i stand with my passport being cancelled , how
i get back and forth from Bangkok to collect the new one .
I think it was badly worded and they cancel your old one when you pick up the new .
Will we will see.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 27, 2014, 12:03 pm

For domestic flights you can use any pitcure ID.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » March 27, 2014, 1:02 pm

Sakhonnick wrote:
plumbers wrote:Just sent email to [email protected] returned mail email address not known ?
i got the same, i ended up sending to the visa section waiting on reply
Try this :

[email protected]
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » March 28, 2014, 4:52 am

Up date , I have sent a new email to [email protected] this time
it has not returned as email unknown .
So i assume the site is now up and running.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”