90 day reporting slip query

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

90 day reporting slip query

Post by Brian Davis » November 28, 2017, 1:02 pm

If my memory serves me well, I was fairly sure that the officer linked the next required reporting date (4th and final in that year) written on the slip at my third check-in with the date of visa expiry. In effect, a kind of double-check that’s when you have to do the paperwork for the visa extension.
But today I noticed that the date of next required 90 day check-in is some 11 days after my visa actually expires.
Is the processing officer at visa approval stage doing things a bit differently, by using, it seems in my case, a ledger entry date for the 1st 90 day slip, rather than the visa renewal start date?
IF I’ve got this correct, just a heads up really, because applicants believing the 90 day reporting date is the same as the visa extension due date MAY be caught out i.e. overstay.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: 90 day reporting slip query

Post by FrazeeDK » November 28, 2017, 2:39 pm

mind didn't coincide last year.. No matter, when I did the Visa Extension, they did the 90 day check-in at the same time.. But, as always, it is at the discretion of the issuing officer...
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2017, 3:56 pm

I'm assuming that someone nicked the calendar from the 90 day desk.
For some inexplicable reason my last THREE 90 day reports have been for a weekend or Bank Holiday date (something that never ever happened back in the day)

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 28, 2017, 4:19 pm

This wrong dates on 90 day reports & Extensions has been mentioned before ,if you get it wrong ,,,they will say "YOU should have checked" , this happened to me on the Extension they put in the wrong date for renewal ,,i pointed this out they stated it's ok only 10 days different ,3 years down the road of Extensions ,they pointed out the date being wrong ,options were , go to Veintien and start all over again , category o etc ,or pay them 1000 bht for them to correct their mistake ,to say i wasn't happy is an understatement , SO GUY"S ALWAYS CHECK THE DATE"S THEY PUT IN ,,,,,as for 90 day's being on weekend's /holidays is really no problem as you have 15 days prior to report day & upto 7 day's after report day to submit it

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 28, 2017, 4:45 pm

On coming out of the office, I noted the discrepancy and returned immediately. I pointed out my visa expiry date was 11 days before the 90 day date he had just written. I think he tried to say that he wrote the date 90 days from the last check-in date, so in that respect he was correct. But, of course, I'll return again in time for the visa expiry date, with my pile of extension paperwork.
I'm fairly careful about these things and I raised the topic partly for those who aren't! :lol:

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » November 29, 2017, 8:18 am

Never understood why reporting isn't done every 3 months on the same date starting with same date extension of stay begins. Guess that would be be too easy.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 29, 2017, 8:53 am

tutone wrote:
November 29, 2017, 8:18 am
Never understood why reporting isn't done every 3 months on the same date starting with same date extension of stay begins. Guess that would be be too easy.
That's exactly how I believe it was for years in my case, until this latest reminder slip showed something different.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 29, 2017, 9:14 am

tutone wrote:
November 29, 2017, 8:18 am
Don't lose sight of the fact that not so many years ago immigration didn't sync 90 day and yearly extensions. What they do now (90+%) is a bennie for those who lived under the old system.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 19, 2018, 10:43 am

Well did 90 day and annual on the same day, new to me. They said on the 90 day 7 days before or after. Annual 30 days before or after. Well that was today and that officer. They really didn't car about the map I don't think I would take that chance . I submitted a photo they took another one. Last year I got nailed for not having a photo. Better to have a little more then not enough.

They also had me fill out another, penalties of overstay

Things went fast good experience this morning
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 20, 2018, 5:49 am

bumper wrote:
April 19, 2018, 10:43 am
Well did 90 day and annual on the same day, new to me. They said on the 90 day 7 days before or after. Annual 30 days before or after. Well that was today and that officer. They really didn't car about the map I don't think I would take that chance . I submitted a photo they took another one. Last year I got nailed for not having a photo. Better to have a little more then not enough.

They also had me fill out another, penalties of overstay

Things went fast good experience this morning
So a map is no longer required? Last time year I forgot to take a map and nothing was said. A map is sort of silly anyway. An address should suffice if they really want to locate someone.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 22, 2018, 9:44 am

That was this year so who knows safer to just do it.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 22, 2018, 11:24 am

:lol:

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » August 28, 2018, 1:36 pm

I did my 90 day report this morning at 9.10 am apart form the Imm. crew not a sole no one even doing an extension the quickest is has ever been.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 9, 2018, 8:19 pm

Went online to do the 90-day report (due 19th) and got the 'pending' receipt with bar code and reference number. I guess the Udon IO will process it tomorrow or Tuesday. I can log in and check the status but do they send an email to confirm or does one inevitably have to drop by in person to make sure it's been approved?

Ta
tam

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 10, 2018, 9:29 am

tamada wrote:
September 9, 2018, 8:19 pm
Went online to do the 90-day report (due 19th) and got the 'pending' receipt with bar code and reference number. I guess the Udon IO will process it tomorrow or Tuesday. I can log in and check the status but do they send an email to confirm or does one inevitably have to drop by in person to make sure it's been approved?

Ta
tam
No email, but no need to go to the office. Log in and check the status if approved you may need to print the approval.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 9:39 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 10, 2018, 9:29 am
tamada wrote:
September 9, 2018, 8:19 pm

Ta
tam
No email, but no need to go to the office. Log in and check the status if approved you may need to print the approval.
Cheers stww, that's what my buddy confirmed was the modus operandi dealing with Jomtien IO. Knowing the vagaries and local idiosyncrasies of Thai bureaucracy, thought it best to ask.

Ta!
tam

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 10, 2018, 9:58 am

Tam have you got the link for 90 day reporting online? I can most likely find it but if you have it to hand it would be appreciated.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 10, 2018, 9:59 am

Found it. extranet.immigration.go.th if anyone else needs it
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 12:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 10, 2018, 9:59 am
Found it. extranet.immigration.go.th if anyone else needs it
Glad you found it. I actually used IE which they recommend when they first rolled out online reporting. I never use it normally since it's diabolical but it worked OK this time.

Just tried your link vince and got some weird, all-Thai page that Firefox browser tabs labels as Login for FN Hotel. maybe that's the one for hotels to register aliens?

The following one takes you directly to the 90-day thingmabob.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/online_serivces

This despite their spelling error!

Mine still 'Pending'. Check again manana.
Last edited by tamada on September 10, 2018, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 10, 2018, 1:10 pm

Just did mine online with IE.
Got the Transaction number so will wait a couple of days to see what happens.

Have done this the last 3 times but every time I went back & checked the transaction after a couple of days it came up with go to the Immigration office message.

Only once have I been successful in doing it online & that was 2 years ago.

Its not a big problem as there are no long waits for the 90 days just the inconvenience of going when doing it online is available.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”