90 DAY REPORTING WORKING WELL..

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: 90 DAY REPORTING WORKING WELL..

Post by Hoopoe » June 11, 2020, 5:56 am

[background=]peck peck stated,

They opened the application window up to 15 days about 3 to 6 months ago.

Also there is no point in doing your next report online as if you haven’t got your extension you will get the same report back date.

This effectively means that renewing at 15 days Or less before your extension finishes is ideal as you can then do the 90 day report and get 90 days, specially if you have a marriage/family extension. If you apply earlier you will have to make another visit as you can report online but you get an interesting date.

FWIW my last online 90 day report was a 10 day one.
B0AAF62A-C223-49F1-8670-408ECA438CC3.jpeg
[/quote]
[/background]

It was at least six months ago since they opened the online application window ,

What is the point of all that you've written, when it's blatantly obvious that an extension renewal has to be submitted ( be it under the terms of retirement or marriage etc) so therefore you are in the I/O ,so it's commonsense to let them deal with it . the difference is on an extension under the marriage conditions you are always give an under consideration stamp to return to the office usually 1 month after your extension has expired , therefore your 90 day report under these conditions has expired ,I know what they used to do years ago , so we'll see what they decide to do these days ,

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 11, 2020, 6:34 am

Went to the immigration office to do my 90 day, in and out quicker than you can say boo to a goose, some poor American bloke was trying to crawl under a chair while his wife screamed at the tall, skinny officer, he couldn’t do the application because his wife had screwed up and didn’t have the right documentation, she let rip and the poor American chap couldn’t keep her quiet, even his young soon looked embarrassed.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 11, 2020, 7:06 am

[googlemap]
Hoopoe wrote:
June 11, 2020, 5:56 am

They opened the application window up to 15 days about 3 to 6 months ago.

Also there is no point in doing your next report online as if you haven’t got your extension you will get the same report back date.

This effectively means that renewing at 15 days Or less before your extension finishes is ideal as you can then do the 90 day report and get 90 days, specially if you have a marriage/family extension. If you apply earlier you will have to make another visit as you can report online but you get an interesting date.

FWIW my last online 90 day report was a 10 day one.

It was at least six months ago since they opened the online application window ,

What is the point of all that you've written, when it's blatantly obvious that an extension renewal has to be submitted ( be it under the terms of retirement or marriage etc) so therefore you are in the I/O ,so it's commonsense to let them deal with it . the difference is on an extension under the marriage conditions you are always give an under consideration stamp to return to the office usually 1 month after your extension has expired , therefore your 90 day report under these conditions has expired ,I know what they used to do years ago , so we'll see what they decide to do these days ,
Since you obviously can’t understand English very well

If you are getting a marriage extension and you go more than 15 days before your current extension finishes you will have to go back again for your 90 day report as well as to get your extension stamp. That makes 3 trips.

90 day reports are only accepted 15 days early not 20 or 30.

If you are getting a retirement extension you can get it early and do the 90 online as you will have the extension.

That should be clear enough even for you to understand.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 11, 2020, 11:48 am

Peck peck
There you go again In your usual condescending manner .making out everyone is an idiot.
No one would go earlier than 15 days to renew their extension if they had a 90 day report to do on the date of extension expiring. Which by the looks of things is going to be the case for all extensions
Have you got your private source for info (Ha Ha) sorted yet. You changed the under consideration from korat to khon kaen. But still not ready to accept you are wrong in your super informed source belief that it goes to police div 4 bollocks
When they have no access to birth marriage and death records

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 22, 2020, 6:03 pm

QUESTION
whats the current state of play ref 90 day reporting when actually visiting an immo.office in person .??not on.line .

Was this nit nessesary up.until.the 26th ov Sept or is it end of October ??

Also ..if traveling a lot as i do is it ok to do a 90 day report at any immo office nationwide not only the one where the visa was issued.. without getting the 3rd degree interogation why .

Chz Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 22, 2020, 6:32 pm

Did my 90 day report in person this week. Lots of people waiting outside for more serious stuff. I was in and out in under two minutes.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 22, 2020, 7:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 22, 2020, 6:03 pm
Also ..if traveling a lot as i do is it ok to do a 90 day report at any immo office nationwide not only the one where the visa was issued.. without getting the 3rd degree interogation why .
90. Day reporting can only be done in office where you live.

If you change your home address by completing a TM30 address change form in the new office then you can do the 90 day report in that office only.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 26, 2020, 12:22 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 22, 2020, 7:56 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 22, 2020, 6:03 pm
90. Day reporting can only be done in office where you live.

If you change your home address by completing a TM30 address change form in the new office then you can do the 90 day report in that office only.
As a follow up ...
My visa in processed in the udon immo.office as i class this as my first home address and the office is there so spend most of my time in Ud .. this morning i did my 90 day report in the Buriram.immo office without a problem .. i have only ever used this office which is always very quiet for the TM 30 reporting but enquired and was informed you can do your 90 day either on line as we know but also at any immo office nationwide ..its does not have to be the visa issueing office .. for instance if you.are on holiday you can 90 day report at that destination .
My 90 was due last Friday which was a holiday closure day and im away for another 2 days before back.to.Ud o decided to chance my luck on Buriram this morning ...

There is a daiily fine for missing or forgetting the 90 day .. but they allow a 7 day after is still.ok ..tho note the 7 days inc weekends and are not 7 office working days .

Just a heads up

Dm.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » October 27, 2020, 6:43 am

DM , stop making out that the condescending Pecker is wrong again ,55
just as a note , two years ago ,guys came up from Pattaya ,tried to do their 90 day report in Udon office , Udon refused saying you had to do it where the extension etc was issued ,,it was as usual only Udon's interpretation of the rules .
Some would say an extortion attempt at gaining so called tea money, the guys didn't go all the way back to Chonburi if i remember rightly they went to Nongkhai .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 27, 2020, 7:28 am

Morning Hoops ..
Wasnt trying to make anyone look bad just simply fact checked .. thats it .. i drove directly past the new huge Buriram.immo office on the ring rd and had time so dropped in.
More so a heads up to anyone to save them a needless trip as in my own first hand experienced yesterday you can do the 90 days report at any office ..even if say in phiket on holiday yet you live n visa in Chang Mai .

Wether its up.to.each individual.office interpretation is another matter .. Buriram did not see it as a problem .

Dm

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 27, 2020, 11:44 am

DM. The consensus from the most knowledgeable people (ubonjo et all) is that Buriram office is an exception to the practice of most immigration offices.

That you have been able to do your report there is obviously true.

That your experience will be repeated at all other offices is not necessarily true. There are numerous reports of people being told they must report in the office for the area they live in.
These reports are for quite a few different immigration offices.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 27, 2020, 11:53 am

So while you guys go around on the merry go round as per usual.

What is the official rule that the immigration office is either following or not following?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 27, 2020, 3:02 pm

Can comment on that barney ..tho i did ask at the Buriram.office if i could do my 90 days at any immo office and the lady said yes of course ..why should they nit do it you are only reporting to confirm.your address not a new type or extention visa and the immo data base is nationwide... in its self this leads me to believe i coukd do.my 90 days in for example only example Chang mai if on holiday.there .

I assume there must be an official.rule to this but the enforcing or interpretation may differ ..

I only wanted to.get it done to avoid the risk.of a fine .as not sure exactly when i will get ba k.tonudon and numerous ho ernment holidays at the mo as in last Friday ...

Dm.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 27, 2020, 3:29 pm

Barney wrote:
October 27, 2020, 11:53 am
So while you guys go around on the merry go round as per usual.

What is the official rule that the immigration office is either following or not following?
I’m not sure if it’s a rule or just general policy but most offices require that you do your 90 report in the same office that you get your extension, unless you complete a TM30 changing your address, that will give you a different office for your TM47 (90 day) and extension.

It certainly seems that Buriram immigration is an exception.

But with online reporting, of course, you can be anywhere.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 14, 2020, 8:02 am

Still on the old chestnut of 90 day reporting ... a buddy of mine is in currently in Udon , what was supposed to be a week stay has turned into a bit longer , his 90 days became due and he went to Udon immo office to do it .. no problem at all even tho his visa was applied for and his address are in Pattaya.

As info only .

DM

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 14, 2020, 8:36 am

when i came to thailand 19 years ago we were told 90 day reporting could be done anywhere at any immi office in the country ...if i look here
https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666
it says
Offices accepting notification:
1. Immigration Division1 Office, The Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
2. One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , Floor 18, Phayathai Rd. Phatumwan, Bangkok (Only the specific law)
3. Services are provided only to foreigners who have already submitted an application for temporary stay in the kingdom of thailand.
4. Immigration Service Center for 3 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia) at Major Hollywood Suksawat or Imperial World Ladprao
5. Only special Labor of three Nationalities Loas , Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.
6. Immigration offices throughout the country
unless of course something has changed ? or they apply their own non official invented rules ?...TIT.. ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 14, 2020, 8:56 am

number 6 Kopkei..

whilst your tag line does imply they may have differing "official rules" .. im of the firm opinion if an expat turns up to do a 90 day at any immo office not only the one where the visa was registered the office will log in the data base ask why you the reason you are doing it at their office and then process the 90 day report form .. the only thing i noticed when i recently did mine in Buriram not Udon was the lady didnt remove the old report slip and said leave it in as history .. the same happened to my mate in Udon office this week.

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 14, 2020, 12:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 14, 2020, 8:56 am

whilst your tag line does imply they may have differing "official rules" .. im of the firm opinion if an expat turns up to do a 90 day at any immo office not only the one where the visa was registered the office will log in the data base ask why you the reason you are doing it at their office and then process the 90 day report form ..
There are numerous reports of immigration officers refusing 90 day reports because they were not the office where the extension was given. Please post your opinion in Thaivisa and specifically to ubonjoe who is the most experienced with the most complete information.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 14, 2020, 5:57 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 14, 2020, 12:58 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 14, 2020, 8:56 am

whilst your tag line does imply they may have differing "official rules" .. im of the firm opinion if an expat turns up to do a 90 day at any immo office not only the one where the visa was registered the office will log in the data base ask why you the reason you are doing it at their office and then process the 90 day report form ..
There are numerous reports of immigration officers refusing 90 day reports because they were not the office where the extension was given. Please post your opinion in Thaivisa and specifically to ubonjoe who is the most experienced with the most complete information.
I dont need to ask any other party as i have first experience of both myself and a friend doing the 90 day reporting at other immo offices without the slightest problem .. why on earth i need to ask anyones advice on TV is head shaking .. i only posted as a heads up to inform others it is / was possible .

STWW .. You seem to know more than even the most experienced expat here let alone needing to ask .. i know I DID IT and my friends HAS JUST DONE IT ..

IT IS POSSIBLE AND NOT outside the remit...

Awaiting another foggy ifs n ands reply from Mr Black n White

DM

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 14, 2020, 6:30 pm

what i have learned in the 19 years i am here is that in case any problem regarding immigration ,best instance is to get info is at immigration directly , as surely not thaivisa is the oracle ,one of the reasons i do not read anymore on thaivisa is so many contradictory stories i was getting nervous to go extend every year , now way more easy to get info straight from the source , they do not bite and at least you are sure of getting the exact info needed ,and this can vary from immi to immi office/region ...good luck to all .. ;)

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”