Moving to Khon Kaen...Can u help?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Moving to Khon Kaen...Can u help?

Post by Mudguard » December 25, 2018, 1:42 pm

Hi, members...

I want out of "DEAD" Sawang....I av to take my small dog to the University Vet School for med in new year...
In having to do this, I decided to move there out of the rice paddies I've been bored in for years..
I am after a rental one bedroom minimum, with some furnishings....around 7 to 10k month...
If anyone knows of someone from there who has a rental, can you please let me know....
Area is irrelevant as I av car ....Cheers, Mudguard... :D

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Re: Moving to Khon Kaen...Can u help?

Post by trekkertony » December 25, 2018, 3:31 pm

Hi Mudguard,
Not sure if the following link will help but all advise they are pet friendly... Unsure if prices are current, if they are, they represent value for your baht.

https://www.renthub.in.th/en/apartment/khon-kaen

TT

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » December 25, 2018, 8:01 pm

Thanking you Trekkertony, very much....U gave me info I knew nothing about...when one gets to 80 any advise helps..
I am hoping to prepare my little dogs to go to Aust with me in new year...Absolutely, cannot leave here as they will be in dogs hell...after 3 years with me from pups...Poodle x mix...very smart n intelligent...
If u come across anything else that may help me, please send...
Cheers, Mudguard.. :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 25, 2018, 9:26 pm

Are you aware that to take a dog from Thailand to Australia requires a long time in quarantine?
Hope everything works out OK for you.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 25, 2018, 10:07 pm

Mudguard wrote:
December 25, 2018, 1:42 pm
Hi, members...

I want out of "DEAD" Sawang....I av to take my small dog to the University Vet School for med in new year...
In having to do this, I decided to move there out of the rice paddies I've been bored in for years..
I am after a rental one bedroom minimum, with some furnishings....around 7 to 10k month...
If anyone knows of someone from there who has a rental, can you please let me know....
Area is irrelevant as I av car ....Cheers, Mudguard... :D
Hi Mudguard

Not sure if I understand what you are looking for or if you wish to consider Udon Thani, but I recently helped my friend move up from Bangkok to Udon Thani. He is 80 years old as well.

Found him a very nice place, properly furnished with all the mod cons, not far from several expat hangouts/drinking holes, ran by a very nice expat and his Thai wife, close to Udon Thani Ring Road. Can rent the rooms on a month to month basis, for around 6K + Electricity.

If you are interested, you can PM me

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » December 26, 2018, 2:21 am

Hi Mudguard,

Only too happy to help out. The following link will give you specific obligations in relation to introducing your dogs to Australia. I respectfully suggest that you print off the link below and hand the information to the Veterinarian to read with specific emphasis in Item 7 ( blue writing ) as your dogs do not appear to fall into the Catergory 1 or 2 approved countries you may be in an uphill battle to meet the requirements. My heart goes out to you should you be forced to make the tough decision to leave your dogs in Thailand. If at the worst you are forced to leave the dogs in Thailand, l have an Australian friend and his Thai wife in Nakhon Phanom who may be able to help you with the placement of the dogs. Whichever way you go, good luck with the the outcome. Should you choose to proceed with bringing the dogs to Australia, l advise that you officially translate all documentation required.
TT

https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/australia.cfm

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 26, 2018, 3:01 am

trekkertony wrote:
December 26, 2018, 2:21 am
Hi Mudguard,

Only too happy to help out. The following link will give you specific obligations in relation to introducing your dogs to Australia. I respectfully suggest that you print off the link below and hand the information to the Veterinarian to read with specific emphasis in Item 7 ( blue writing ) as your dogs do not appear to fall into the Catergory 1 or 2 approved countries you may be in an uphill battle to meet the requirements. My heart goes out to you should you be forced to make the tough decision to leave your dogs in Thailand. If at the worst you are forced to leave the dogs in Thailand, l have an Australian friend and his Thai wife in Nakhon Phanom who may be able to help you with the placement of the dogs. Whichever way you go, good luck with the the outcome. Should you choose to proceed with bringing the dogs to Australia, l advise that you officially translate all documentation required.
TT

It may not be so difficult if Mudguard is prepared to employ a pet transport company and spend (or have the dogs spend) at least a month in Sabah or Sarawak depending on the dates of the rabies vacations if they are more than six months and less than one year old that would be the quarantine period in Malasia.

Though the quarantine period can extend up to 180 days if the vacation was more recent.

It looks as if you need to plan at least 6 months ahead for that trip.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » December 30, 2018, 1:39 am

I would like to thank all members for their input, in helping me move....
In regards to my lovely dogs, I am waiting on Malaysia to open the border...I do not want to go via Singapore...
They av had their Rabies n Parvovirus etc, so far..So, av started off O K...
I will send them with a pet transport when ready as it would be too much for me at 80...Cheers, Mudguard..

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » December 30, 2018, 2:00 am

Sometimewoodworker...
If s..t hits the fan with my dogs ( brother n sister) n cannot be separated for any reason, I would like to keep u in touch..Just in case..
Maybe u can send me details of your Australian friends in Na...Phanom..as a precautionary measure, if u do not mind...
I can send dog photos if nec...They r house trained n react to Eng commands quickly...
From your Map name, I suppose u r an ex woodworker..I av the same trade, n after 10 years I went into mining around Aust... as I got bored with it...Cheers, Mudguard..

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 30, 2018, 9:37 am

Mudguard wrote:
December 30, 2018, 2:00 am
Sometimewoodworker...
If s..t hits the fan with my dogs ( brother n sister) n cannot be separated for any reason, I would like to keep u in touch..Just in case..
Maybe u can send me details of your Australian friends in Na...Phanom..as a precautionary measure, if u do not mind...
I can send dog photos if nec...They r house trained n react to Eng commands quickly...
From your Map name, I suppose u r an ex woodworker..I av the same trade, n after 10 years I went into mining around Aust... as I got bored with it...Cheers, Mudguard..
I think you have confused me with trekkertony, he's the one you should talk to about the dogs.

I have never been a professional woodworker I just do it to get exactly what I want and it's now my main retirement activity.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » December 30, 2018, 5:47 pm

Sorry sometimewoodworker....I really stuffed it....Cheers, Mudguard..

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » December 30, 2018, 5:53 pm

trekkertony wrote:
December 26, 2018, 2:21 am
Hi Mudguard,

TT

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » December 31, 2018, 3:48 am

Hi Mudguard,
I have sent you a PM.

Mudguard
udonmap.com

Post by Mudguard » January 2, 2019, 4:30 pm

Thanks Trekkertony very much...but, I av not rec....Can u do again please...Cheers, Mudguard...

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”