DOUBLE ENTRY VISA

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Re: DOUBLE ENTRY VISA

Post by bigwavedave » November 4, 2008, 10:37 pm

Hi
Has anyone done a tourist visa extension of 30 days lately?? and if so did Nong Kai require a air ticket out??

Does the rule say you must have a valid ticket out of the country?? E.g. if i turn up with a bus ticket to vientienn is that sufficient or if i turned up with a flight ticket to vientienn is that ??? Both are international journeys and out of the country!!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 5, 2008, 6:48 am

I think they are more interested in airline tickets than bus tickets and are you sure Nong Khai give 30 day extensions than 7 days only?

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » November 5, 2008, 7:49 am

Dave, the last time I tried I only got 7 days and it was still 1,900 baht :?
I didn't have an onward ticket but I was not asked to produce one either.
As said a thousand times before I think it depends on the gentleman's mood that day.
Personally I don't even bother to try and extend it anymore.
Free the Doug 1

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 5, 2008, 9:38 am

Agree with Roy.
The tourist visa extension is a non starter now. It was only really useful to anyone who wanted to stay in Thailand for a long time (without getting an O visa) when they originally brought in the 90/180 rule. Then you could do 60 + 30 extension then 30,30,30 then back to another 60 + 30 extension.
With Nong Khai bringing in the "air ticket" rule & Vientiane willing to give a double entry tourist visa then the need for an extension has really gone away.

Gaudente
udonmap.com

Post by Gaudente » November 10, 2008, 3:13 pm

Time ago it was issued the rule that to request a tourist visa you had to show an air ticket exiting Thailand to the Embassy. Yet when I requested a TV in Phnom Pehn past May and in Saigon past August they did not ask for it. Do you know if Vientiane Embassy asks for such an exit air ticket or what you need is just your passport, a copy of it and two photos (plus visa fee of course) ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 10, 2008, 3:20 pm

As of a couple of weeks ago Vientiane did not need an air ticket for a tourist visa.
You need a copy of the "information" page of your passport, plus a copy of the Laos entry stamp, plus (from memory) 1 photo and the baht!!!

Gaudente
udonmap.com

Post by Gaudente » November 10, 2008, 4:12 pm

happy to know I don't need to waste baht on a useless air ticket :D
txh for the info ;)

Gaudente
udonmap.com

Post by Gaudente » November 25, 2008, 9:44 pm

BobHelm wrote:As of a couple of weeks ago Vientiane did not need an air ticket for a tourist visa.
You need a copy of the "information" page of your passport, plus a copy of the Laos entry stamp, plus (from memory) 1 photo and the baht!!!
They just ask for the main passport page now.
Instead they ask for 2 photos (I wonder why, they stick them both on the same form :-k )

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”