Bank Of America (phishing / spam site)

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
bugseda
udonmap.com

Bank Of America (phishing / spam site)

Post by bugseda » March 20, 2009, 11:14 am

For those who use Bank Of America (B of A) for internet banking...Be careful. I have used B of A internet banking for 15 + years and have never received a phishing / spam in my email.

Today I received an email from B of A stating that my account has had some unusual activity and that certain functions will be disabled. To insure that my account is safe and continues to work that I should contact the bank (VIA the hyperlink) to check my account bla bla bla.

Guys, the email send looked as real as anything I have ever seen. The colors the logos the correct email and address of B of A at the bottom.....

Since I have never received an email from B of A without contacting them first, I decided to check with a B of A and sure enough this was an attempt to gain my account info and passwords (according to the person I talked to) had I clicked the hyperlink contained in the email.

B of A asked me to forward the email to them (which I did) and all is well.

If the hackers are able to send me an email to my email account that I only use for family and other important communication and for them to know I bank with B of A shocked me. :yikes:

If they are doing it with B of A, no doubt they are able to do it with other banking venues as well.

Not trying to make anyone paranoid, but just be careful out there in cyberspace.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”