Laptop Spares

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Laptop Spares

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 17, 2010, 12:50 pm

Anyone know if there's anywhere in Udon that holds laptop spares, need a DVD drive for my HP and maybe a new screen for an Acer. Tried the stores on the second floor of the mall, no luck there. Looks like I can buy them on eBay but would like to buy local and try them first if possible.
Thx

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Re: Laptop Spares

Post by Ray.Charles » March 17, 2010, 8:31 pm

My first stop will be at the BD network, a very big store/repair shop where I buy my HP stuff. If that does not work, I would go the HP store on the Kon Kaen Rd. near the Rajabhat Uni.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 17, 2010, 9:10 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Anyone know if there's anywhere in Udon that holds laptop spares, need a DVD drive for my HP and maybe a new screen for an Acer.
Thx
Just launch the old technology over the garden wall and buy a new one. Would you be bothered with replacing a knackered engine in a old car? or would you replace the car?

OT..... \:D/

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 18, 2010, 10:02 am

Ray.Charles wrote:My first stop will be at the BD network, a very big store/repair shop where I buy my HP stuff. If that does not work, I would go the HP store on the Kon Kaen Rd. near the Rajabhat Uni.
Ray

Where's the BD Network?

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » March 18, 2010, 8:02 pm

I have sent you my tel. # by PM.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » March 20, 2010, 2:46 pm

Hi, O.T.
Was going to do that with my laptop and upgrade. It was four years old then and bought in U.K.. Went around quite a few shops looking and pricing. Never heard of BD network then, but have noted it, so I can check it out. For the same spec., approx., as the one I have got the cheapest was over 80,000B. I certainly was not going to downgrade to a 20,000B model. I have a AMD 64 athlon 3600, multi card reader, 16inch. wide screen, camera and mic. built in, aircard, and gen. windows etc. I can get a higher spec. one in the U.K. for less than 500 GBPs now. Going home later this year so will wait till then. If I don't find what I'm looking for in BD next week. Thanks RC for letting people know about then.
I don't know why good laptops are so expensive out here.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 22, 2010, 11:00 am

Thanks Ray for sending you number, found what I was looking for online, a store in BKK, good prices and reasonable postage charges, waiting for the delivery now.
Thought about throwing the units out and upgrading but there's so much software on them and documents etc it would take forever to change over, plus not sure if some of the software is Win 7 compatible, most new units have this OS I think.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”