Good shop to buy a laptop

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
jorg
udonmap.com

Good shop to buy a laptop

Post by jorg » March 24, 2010, 5:10 pm

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good, reliable shop to buy a laptop in Udon. If you have some tips, please post them.

I need a laptop with Thai OS & keyboard, otherwise I would have bought in my own country.

Thanks in advance.

Jörg

Jai
udonmap.com

Re: Good shop to buy a laptop

Post by Jai » March 25, 2010, 7:28 pm

You can still buy it in your own country jorg, it’s a lot cheaper---especially if you’re American. My friend just brought the latest Acer 17’ inch screen with all the bells and whistles for just over $us400 on the Walmart direct (internet) site.

Brand named goods in Thailand are far from being a bargain.

The operating system is a 5 minutes job and the keyboard can either be changed or the better ---cheaper way is to let them apply the laminated stick on fonts.

The best computer shop in Udon IMO is J.I.B. it’s also the best in Pantip BKK and probably nation wide, if they don’t have it in stock, it will come from Pantip the next day. The Green shop sign, It’s just passed the uni on the same side going out of town.

Unfortunately ---(unless it’s changed) not many farangs use it---so they have never bothered to have an English speaking person in there. large range of everything and just ask for a print out---they will then do one from there comp on all the lap top prices for you or any other line your looking for.

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » March 26, 2010, 10:23 am

Thanks for your reply. I will look into this shop. If they don't speak English my GF can translate.

I agree that buying a laptop in my own country (in my case Holland) would be cheaper, especially now when the Euro is going down, but I still want to buy it here.

thedude
udonmap.com

Post by thedude » March 26, 2010, 11:27 am

Can anyone recommend any of the new, small, cheap "Netbooks"?

And comment on their performance, usability, etc.?

Cheers, DUDE

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » March 26, 2010, 5:26 pm

I've had a Acer One Netbook for some time.
A great little gadget, so good I've bought a Acer Laptop with the new 16:9 Cinematic view with a fast ATI Graphiccs card whilst in UK, and comes with a 1 year warranty (Worldwide). I'd save about 6000 baht on Thai prices.

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » March 27, 2010, 5:40 pm

Today i looked around for a laptop, but most of them are sold without a (genuine) version of Windows 7, they come with DOS :shock: , (a copy of) Windows XP or a Linux OS. There are some laptops with Windows 7 but they are more advanced and therefore more expensive. Also a lot of them come with only 1 GB of memory...

Funny thing is that in Holland it is almost impossible to buy a computer or laptop without windows and here it is exactly the opposite.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”