True High Speed Internet

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
lee
udonmap.com

True High Speed Internet

Post by lee » May 1, 2010, 8:11 pm

Does anyone have any experience with 'True High Speed Internet'? The service rates look reasonable. http://www.trueonline.com/th/package.aspx

I'm thinking of checking them out as an alternative to CAT telecom.

wiking
udonmap.com

Re: True High Speed Internet

Post by wiking » May 1, 2010, 10:34 pm

better offer than by 3bb - I read last week in bangkok post, that TOT 3g comming to isaan now, next month to koen kaen, they not wrote wenn to udon but maybee 1 or 2 month more and this will be very fast,dobbel the speed as in bangkok 7.2 mb but I don t know the price for unlimited use

Skwint
udonmap.com

Post by Skwint » May 2, 2010, 9:55 am

3G is used by mobile networks not with land connections and you have to use either a 3G capable air card or a 3G mobile phone and USB connection to recieve it.
CAT Telecom already have this and a few of my friends use it, the maximum speed is between 2.5Mb and 3Mb, it works fine in Udon Thani and Nong Khai provinces, but a friend took his laptop to Bangkok and Pattaya and it didn't work there, the CAT Telecom staff in their office in Pattaya told him it doesn't work in Chonburi province or Bangkok and is only available in 51 of the 76 provinces.
You can get an 8Mb connection anywhere if you want to pay thousands for a commercial connection, I know a couple of programmers who work online that have it, but it's very expensive.
I hope this was helpful. :)

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » May 2, 2010, 11:30 am

Not everywhere in the Udon province; I was told that by a lady at the front desk of the CAT office. Shoud be OK for the city though.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 2, 2010, 7:52 pm

anyone got a link or phone number for the CAT office so I can see if my place right outside the ring road can get the 3G CDMA connectivity??

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 2, 2010, 8:40 pm

CAT Customer Service Office - Udon Thani
Address
108/2 Udon-dutsadi Rd., Tambon Mak Khaeng, Amphoe Mueang, Udon Thani 41000
Open
Mon-Fri 08.30-16.30 hrs., Closed : Official holidays
Tel
0 4224 4762, 0 4222 2805
Fax
0 4281 1122

Several years ago, the people at the office had a map on their computer that showed the range throughout the province. In my case, I was on the outside the range. I borrowed a friend's CDMA phone, brought it out to the house, raised it up a few feet, and got 3 bars on the strength meter. I bought a CDMA antenna for 800 baht from CAT, put it on a multi-meter bamboo pole, and got full strength.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » May 2, 2010, 9:37 pm

May be I gave up on CAT too quickly, TRUE is also offering 3G. May I give your phone (and you too) a ride to Chiang Phang (about 15 minutes west of the old TESCO) for a field test? Noodle soup is on me!

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”