Unknown Programs.

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Chriss
udonmap.com

Unknown Programs.

Post by Chriss » July 8, 2010, 8:43 am

I was cleaning up my PC using 'Programs and Features' under 'Control Panel' on Vista to uninstall a couple of old no longer used programs and noticed the following two entries in the list that I've not seen before.

CTIAP132 (remove only)
CtiLogC (remove only)

Can anyone tell me what these 2 programs are and if I should delete them. Tried Googling and there's a lot of log entries from various people but nothing definitive about these programs

Ran Anti Malware / Spyware programs and nothing shown, ran Anti Virus, again nothing shown.

Thanks
Chriss

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Re: Unknown Programs.

Post by BangkokButcher » July 8, 2010, 9:47 am

I don't think they dangerous, they seem to be related to the Concord Telephony Translation application, which is most probably a driver for your data/fax modem.

As long as the scans you ran came up clean then I would not be too concerned, as long as they are freshly updated :).

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 8, 2010, 10:29 am

OK thanks BB, I do have Concord Telephony Translation in the list as well, not sure where that came from either. I never use the modem in the PC. Yes the scan programs are all upto date as of yesterday.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 8, 2010, 10:33 am

No problems Chriss, all sounds ok to me then.
Chriss wrote:I never use the modem in the PC
Whether you use it or not, the operating system will still always keep a driver installed just in case you do have the need to use it :)

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”