Anyone else notice UM not updating?

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 28, 2012, 1:57 pm

rjj what have you got your time set to, under User Control Panel, Board Preferences??
& have you got the
Summer Time/DST is in effect:
question set to No??

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » July 28, 2012, 2:08 pm

Bob, of course you are correct. I didn't realize I could even set that, so perhaps the time has been an hour behind then for quite a while. user error. :oops: I guess the timezone setting only applies to the forum as the front page time is correct :roll:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 28, 2012, 5:00 pm

I've just done a couple of tests and as far as I can see there is a time lag of a approx 2-3 minutes. I'm not sure what's causing it but will post here if I find out.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » July 28, 2012, 5:02 pm

as far as i experience there is no time delay on UM.....
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » July 28, 2012, 6:24 pm

lee wrote:I've just done a couple of tests and as far as I can see there is a time lag of a approx 2-3 minutes. I'm not sure what's causing it but will post here if I find out.
What browser are you using? And maybe it is time of day dependent? You can see from the examples that there can be up to 45-50 minutes delay. I assume that the page is built off of a query to the DB, so it may be that after the query is run, it is not being killed, so the DB uses the cached query instead of running a new one? That is just a WAG though. Whatever it is, it is strange behavior. ;)

KB

PS...this time the update was immediate. Main page showed this post.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » July 30, 2012, 9:23 pm

Lee...I do not know if you did anything the other day, but I just wanted to let you know that if you did, it appears to have fixed the issue. I have watched it over the last couple of days, and updates are almost immediate, often showing my post on the return to the main page!

KB

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 31, 2012, 8:45 am

Hi KB, the system cache was enabled and was set at 15 minutes so I disabled this and it has fixed the problem. :D

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » August 11, 2012, 6:07 am

This morning I noticed that UM RSS Livebookmarks would not load at all. All my other feeds are fine. I had to delete the UM feed and resubscribe. Seems to load now. Lee, did something change somewhere?

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » August 11, 2012, 6:21 am

Actually, seems one other feed is not loading on my Firefox so I suppose it is something to do with my setup... sorry to bother UM users everywhere. :D

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”