Moving from True Visions Satellite to KODI on an Android TV Box

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Moving from True Visions Satellite to KODI on an Android TV Box

Post by pf-flyer » March 13, 2017, 8:03 am

Since True Visions made service changes, I would like to hear from those of you who are considering canceling their subscription to True Visions Satellite and going to an application such as Kodi streaming media on a Android TV box or Kodi on a PC. I can understand those of you who are out in the village that do not have access to sufficient internet bandwidth do not have that option. I was in that position until several months ago when 3BB installed DSL internet service in our village. I initially installed Kodi on my Laptop to get an idea of what expectations to have in regards what kind of performance to expect before purchasing dedicated hardware to run streaming media services. Android Streaming applications such a KODI are in the development stage and there is a learning curve involved in getting to know how to use Kodi. The more time you spend with it the better you will understand how to use it. I started out by downloading the Kodi Beginner's Guide. When it comes purchasing an Android TV box you get what you pay for. Thanks

"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Moving from True Visions Satellite to KODI on an Android TV Box

Post by vincemunday » March 13, 2017, 8:10 am

There's no great mystery, KODI is well proven software, it's reliable and easy to use, most Android boxes will come with it pre loaded but you might find some of the Android apps like Mobdro are just as useful. I have bought an Android box for about £50 and it performs really well, I have it linked to 3BB via Ethernet cable and it works really well. If you need any help, inbox me.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 13, 2017, 8:11 am

I cancelled True about three months ago, best thing I have done. I use an android box, the main app I use is Mobdro, gives me all my Nat Geo, Discovery type channels, all BBC, ITV, there are heaps of channels, I get all the sport channels, again over twenty so I get motor sports and rugby league, twenty or thirty news channels so you will get what you like to view. I also use use the HD Movies app which has all the latest releases movies, thousands of them as well as TV shows, thousands again, all you need is a good internet connection, all the apps are free so I am only paying for the internet.

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Post by Somchai499 » March 13, 2017, 3:34 pm

Hi fatbob,

Can you please recommend an Android Box, I am a newcomer to this. Many thanks!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 13, 2017, 7:38 pm

I am not up with the latest and greatest, I bought an 'M Box' from Hong Kong a couple of years ago, cost me around 3,000 baht, some apps were on it some I have downloaded included Thai TV for the missus. They sell boxes at Landmark, two types, two prices, as always I buy the more expensive one as nine times out of ten it will be better and do more, about the same price as far as I know, there is one for sale in the classifieds on UM also. The sellers and Landmark should fill you in, all I need is Mobdro and HD Movies, more than enough for me.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » March 15, 2017, 8:45 am

I have been learning to use and evaluate the T95X Android TV box that I purchased from Lazada and my options to move from True Visions to Open Source Streaming media for about six weeks. The wife and I made the decision today to return our True Vision Satellite receivers and terminate our subscription with True Visions. I am looking at other Android TV boxes that have a higher performance processor and more memory to replace to use in place of True Visions receivers. I am interested in hearing from those of you that have made the move and what hardware you are using.
Thanks
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » March 15, 2017, 1:13 pm

Minix Neo U1

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”