How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Post by parrot » January 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

I've read a lot about the woes of slow internet......TOT among all the others. I think what some aren't aware of is.....if you had your TOT fiber line installed a year or more back, the company offers free upgrades that may significantly boost your speed.....and reduce your monthly bill at the same time. All you have to do is ask. For example, over a year ago, the envelope for my TOT monthly bill mentioned higher speeds at a lower price than I was paying for. I went to the office and inquired. No problem, they gave me a form to sign and a few hours later, Lily Tomlin's Thai modern-day clone probably sat in a back room and, while huddled there with her smartphone to check all her latest LINE messages, she flipped a switch and whalla.....my speed was boosted and my bill was reduced 100 Baht/month.
My Swiss neighbor runs off the same main fiber line as we do......but he was complaining about youtube constantly buffering. I showed him my speedtest results and suggested a visit to TOT.......his wife in typical Thai fashion, reluctant. But finally she went.....and came out with the same results as I had.

This may not work for everyone who has TOT, but if you're experiencing slow speeds, a visit to the office might work....and save you some cash at the same time.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: How to Boost Your TOT Internet for Free

Post by Lone Star » January 23, 2019, 3:56 pm

parrot wrote:
January 23, 2019, 1:20 pm
I've read a lot about the woes of slow internet......TOT among all the others. I think what some aren't aware of is.....if you had your TOT fiber line installed a year or more back, the company offers free upgrades that may significantly boost your speed.....and reduce your monthly bill at the same time. All you have to do is ask. For example, over a year ago, the envelope for my TOT monthly bill mentioned higher speeds at a lower price than I was paying for. I went to the office and inquired. No problem, they gave me a form to sign and a few hours later, Lily Tomlin's Thai modern-day clone probably sat in a back room and, while huddled there with her smartphone to check all her latest LINE messages, she flipped a switch and whalla.....my speed was boosted and my bill was reduced 100 Baht/month.
My Swiss neighbor runs off the same main fiber line as we do......but he was complaining about youtube constantly buffering. I showed him my speedtest results and suggested a visit to TOT.......his wife in typical Thai fashion, reluctant. But finally she went.....and came out with the same results as I had.

This may not work for everyone who has TOT, but if you're experiencing slow speeds, a visit to the office might work....and save you some cash at the same time.
All true in my experience. Handy tip for readers.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 23, 2019, 8:52 pm

parrot wrote:
January 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

Speed and price?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 2, 2019, 5:29 am

TOT promotion offering increased speed Fiber 2 U to 100/100 Mb for same price. Just told them, no paperwork and they've done it aleady. :D

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 2, 2019, 5:53 am

Begs the question ... why don't they just do it for all their customers without them having to ask/grovel?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 2, 2019, 6:44 am

Brian Davis wrote:
July 2, 2019, 5:29 am
TOT promotion offering increased speed Fiber 2 U to 100/100 Mb for same price. Just told them, no paperwork and they've done it aleady. :D
And the price is?

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 2, 2019, 6:52 am

I just upgraded for free my TOT fibre 2U to 200/200, cost 700bht pm, was paying 750bht for considerably less...

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 2, 2019, 6:54 am

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 2, 2019, 7:06 am

Chriss wrote:
July 2, 2019, 6:54 am
Hope this link works, scroll down for prices

https://www.tot.co.th/บริการอินเทอร์เน็ต/tot-fiber-2u
I had already looked there and since my current bill is less than any of the prices listed there it doesn't answer the question I asked.

There are often prices available that are not listed. That's why I asked.

My current bill is ฿390+VAT

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 2, 2019, 9:34 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 2, 2019, 6:44 am
Brian Davis wrote:
And the price is?
590 baht

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 2, 2019, 9:57 am

Brian Davis wrote:
July 2, 2019, 9:34 am
July 2, 2019, 6:44 am
Brian Davis wrote:
And the price is?
590 baht
Thank you

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 2, 2019, 11:30 am

July 2, 2019, 7:06 am
Chriss wrote:

I had already looked there and since my current bill is less than any of the prices listed there it doesn't answer the question I asked.

Sir if I was answering your question I'd have quoted or replied directly to your post.

The link was for general information after my post stating my upgrade of service.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 2, 2019, 11:31 am

July 2, 2019, 7:06 am
Chriss wrote:

Sir if I was answering your question I'd have quoted or replied directly to your post.

The link was for general information after my post stating my upgrade of service.

Seems the problems with the forum has caused my post to be duplicated, how does one delete a post?
Last edited by Chriss on July 3, 2019, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 3, 2019, 8:32 am

Chriss wrote:
July 2, 2019, 11:30 am

Some people do reply to a post with a quoted post, I usually do.

Others post without a quotation.

Your link is useful information for some.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 3, 2019, 8:36 am

Chriss wrote:
July 2, 2019, 11:31 am

Seems the problems with the forum has caused my post to be duplicated, how does one delete a post?
The X near the top right will delete your post
IMG_7689-2.jpeg

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » July 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Do not have an X, only have Edit, Report and Quote... Hhmmm

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 3, 2019, 2:13 pm

Chriss wrote:
July 2, 2019, 6:52 am
I just upgraded for free my TOT fibre 2U to 200/200, cost 700bht pm, was paying 750bht for considerably less...
Thanks for the tip. All of 3 minutes in the TOT office, came home, turned off the modem for a few minutes, and when back on, 100/100 all for 590 Baht.
Caution: do not try this in your home (country).

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 3, 2019, 5:29 pm

Well, that's interesting.....casper parrot here. I'll try to resubmit my post and see if maybe I committed the error on my side.
Thanks to Chriss for posting about the free upgrade.....TOT regularly does this, but I missed it....until today. Went to the office and 3 min later I was finished. Drove home, switched off my modem for a few minutes....back on and upgraded.......100/100. Wonderful.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 3, 2019, 6:48 pm

Just testing to see that my posts are showing, to confirm that it's a problem with this thread and parrot.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 3, 2019, 7:16 pm

Gentlemen, UM's phpBB expert is looking at this right now. Will let you know....

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”