Do Not Buy a Phone from Lazada!!

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Do Not Buy a Phone from Lazada!!

Post by Charlieb » May 6, 2020, 1:59 pm

I am sure there are some good vendors that sell via Lazada. But, how do you tell which is which?

My daughter ordered a new phone from Lazada, a Samsung J7 Pro. After receiving it, the phone began to exhibit all sorts of weird behavior, flashing screen, etc. So, I suggested she upgrade the operating system as that may help. The phone had an older version of Android, 6, I think. When she attempted to update she was informed she could not update since she had an illegal version of the OS.

After calling Lazada many times she was put in contact with the vendor which necessitated several more calls. They finally relented and told her to return the phone directly to them and not to Lazada. They told her they would send her another phone. She refused! Since they sent a bad phone before what makes you think a replacement would be better? Finally they agreed to refund to our bank account. I must admit that we did get the refund after about a week. We have decided to buy the phone locally :D A wasted month!

Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware!

choi choi
udonmap.com

Re: Do Not Buy a Phone from Lazada!!

Post by choi choi » May 6, 2020, 2:03 pm

So why is it Lazada fault? Lazada is the middle man. The vendor is your problem!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 6, 2020, 2:10 pm

Probably helpful to name the vendor, Charlie.

Was the phone in a sealed box when you received it, because it sounds like Samsung Knox was triggered when you attempted the Android upgrade ie the phone was possibly 2nd hand.

Agree with Morti - bit tough blaming Lazada.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 6, 2020, 3:19 pm

Not blaming Lazada! My point was how do you tell the decent vendors from the bad? Yes phone in sealed box and advertised as a new phone.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 6, 2020, 3:29 pm

I bought 2 Huawei y9s through lazada 6 month back , never a prob, top phone .

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 6, 2020, 3:34 pm

timmy wrote:
May 6, 2020, 3:29 pm
how do you tell the decent vendors from the bad?
All you can do is google for complaints, but that's the same as any shop.
Just probably a bit harder to get a refund from an online shop.

Buyer beware everywhere.
That's life

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 6, 2020, 4:51 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 6, 2020, 3:34 pm
timmy wrote:
May 6, 2020, 3:29 pm
how do you tell the decent vendors from the bad?
All you can do is google for complaints, but that's the same as any shop.
Just probably a bit harder to get a refund from an online shop.

Buyer beware everywhere.
That's life
sorry mate , that was Mickojak not me , my phones for lazada were spot on matey .. sorry OLD Charly ..not meeeee

Nev
udonmap.com

Post by Nev » May 6, 2020, 5:15 pm

Hi All

Just to say I got my phone Samsung J7 over 2 Yrs ago. Best one yet
Thank You Lazada.
Nev

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 6, 2020, 5:38 pm

Read the comments about the product and vendor before committing to purchase, ok most are in Thai but can be translated also the stars given also help

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 6, 2020, 5:57 pm

The OP's daughter maybe went for the lowest price or didn't scroll down much?

Look at the vendors reputation (stars) and read the comments. Also look and see if the vendor has anything else on offer and check those for stars and feedback. If you use chrome, you can get a fast translation.

My rule of thumb, a no star seller doesn't get my business.

PS: Not helpful to name the vendor either since Thai defamation laws don't favor the honest.

jeebeeg
udonmap.com

Post by jeebeeg » May 6, 2020, 7:34 pm

So, you bought a phone, there was a problem with it so the vendor offered you a new one, what was not accepted by you , and in the end they refunded you.
What a scam !!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » May 6, 2020, 10:29 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 6, 2020, 2:03 pm
So why is it Lazada fault? Lazada is the middle man. The vendor is your problem!
why does someone like you always spout complete rubbish . do you think lazada bears no responsibility > Are you living in the dark ages . I f you buy something from tesco does not work you take back to tesco . if you bought a car from toyota and it had a problem you take it back to the dealership not to japan . I buy from ebay has a problem ebay refunds my money same amazon .how can you not know this ???????Lazada runs the website . it makes money from the website . It owns the website and you say not lazada problem . duh

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 7, 2020, 9:00 am

People swear by Samsung. The last three Samsung phones I had were lemons. Two S-4's and an S-5. All three had main board failures. The S-5 was purchased at a Khon Kaen mall, across from the Kosa hotel. I sent it to Samsung service when the main board died. They sent it back to me saying that they couldn't repair it because it wasn't purchased in Thailand.?? I bought my wife a top of the line Xiaomi. It has had a very hard life and is still working fine. I have a cheaper Xiaomi and it is still working great. I had thought my wife's Xiaomi would soon die so I bought a mid level Meizu that was on sale for a backup. Now my Xiaomi is the backup and I have been using the Meizu for about the past year. It's a great phone, fast and a great camera.

As a side note, I sent the S-5 to the phone doctor in Bangkok. When I got it back, I handed it to my wife, she handed it back to me and told me her Xiaomi was a much better phone. I gave the S-5 to her nephew and it didn't last him very long before it died again. It went in the trash. Maybe I should mention that my first Samsung was an S-3. It was probably the most dependable phone I ever had.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 7, 2020, 9:10 am

Someone's been buying fake or grey market Sumsungs phones in KK.

As in any phone arcade in any strip mall or IT plaza in Thailand, despite all the placarding, they aren't all official and licensed dealers in the products they sell. Maybe, like the OP's daughter, the low price was the deal maker in these repeated poor purchasing choices.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 7, 2020, 9:21 am

dragonz wrote:
May 6, 2020, 10:29 pm
choi choi wrote:
May 6, 2020, 2:03 pm
why does someone like you always spout complete rubbish . do you think lazada bears no responsibility > Are you living in the dark ages . I f you buy something from tesco does not work you take back to tesco . if you bought a car from toyota and it had a problem you take it back to the dealership not to japan . I buy from ebay has a problem ebay refunds my money same amazon .how can you not know this ???????Lazada runs the website . it makes money from the website . It owns the website and you say not lazada problem . duh
At the risk of being accused of attacking you, may I suggest that you are the one firmly couched in the retail dark ages.

If you read the lazada small print, they are just a virtual mall, a marketplace for individual vendors. In common with most real stores, stuff that fails is ultimately the responsibility of the manufacturer.

For example you buy a printer from a store and it goes tits-up under warranty. You take it back to the store and one of two things can happen. 1 - They give you a replacement and take care of the claim back from the manufacturer. Or 2 - They accept your faulty printer and undertake to send it back to the manufacturer and you wait for a repair or a replacement. You do not take your dud printer to the owner of the strip mall or IT plaza.

You buy a printer from lazada that goes tits-up under warranty, you either deal with the actual vendor (a stall that rents floor space on lazada) or you deal direct with the manufacturer.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » May 22, 2020, 5:39 pm

Charlieb wrote:
May 6, 2020, 1:59 pm
I am sure there are some good vendors that sell via Lazada. But, how do you tell which is which?
Use the ratings and read buyers reviews yeah? I tend to find better prices on Shopee. Will be buying more phones next week.

Vincent1949
udonmap.com

Post by Vincent1949 » May 29, 2020, 10:59 am

Just lost over 4000 Thai Baht on two phones that I purchased from a seller that was advised by a Lazada Customer "service" rep. Everything I recorded specially because I had a bad experience before. And after over two month I yesterday was "compensated" with a 500 Thai Baht voucher.....
Working on a website now with all info on what happened. Avoid Lazada buy direct from a shop in your city or a reliable reseller !

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 31, 2020, 7:24 am

reliable shop on shopee to by a phone , at least according to me , https://shopee.co.th/treemobile ;)

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”