Thai Script Keyboard

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Chriss
udonmap.com

Thai Script Keyboard

Post by Chriss » May 14, 2020, 11:24 am

Does anyone know if there are PC keyboards with Thai Script only. Had a look online and they all seem to be dual En + Th. I have a dual board but to use the Thai script it's Control or FN plus the Thai key, if I remember correctly.

Trying to make life as easy as possible for 7 yr olds online schooling starting Monday.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Script Keyboard

Post by parrot » May 14, 2020, 9:51 pm

You might be able to find one in the bowels of Landmark......if not, there are always keyboard stickers like these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBuxSgHFxcc

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 15, 2020, 7:11 am

Thanks Parrot, is Landmark open....
The stickers identify the specific keys but the board remains a dual language.
Think I'll have to use the iPad and project it to the TV rather than using a PC.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 15, 2020, 7:23 am

I switch between Thai and English on my English only keyboard......gboard for English, swiftkey for Thai. You can choose to display the keyboards on a touchscreen or choose to blindtype the letters as you choose.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 15, 2020, 10:41 am

I was told last night i can use my ipad with an attached USB Thai keyboard and use apple airplay to project the screen to my TV..... ? Something to look at.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2020, 11:29 am

Chriss wrote:
May 15, 2020, 7:11 am
Thanks Parrot, is Landmark open....
The stickers identify the specific keys but the board remains a dual language.
Think I'll have to use the iPad and project it to the TV rather than using a PC.
I haven't seen a Thai-only PC keyboard, even in client offices with all-Thai staff.

Windows can easily be configured to switch between English and Thai keyboards, both W7 and W10. You can even make one or the other the default keyboard.

On the family W7 machine, I set up a User account for the oldest niece which launches everything, including the keyboard, in Thai. If I log in as Admin, it's all English including keyboard.

On this, my work W10 machine, I click on the 'ENG' tab and the pop-up dialog to change keyboards is offered.
kb.jpg

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 17, 2020, 11:17 am

The old desktop I've been setting up for daughter was supposed to emulate the PC's they use at school. School told me they use Win XP so that's the OS I've installed and added a dual language keyboard. XP's obviously not as sophisticated as W7 or W10 but I'm thinking it must be able to boot to Thai language. Something for this afternoons fun.

To start her online school off I've set up my ipad, which can have a Thai only touch screen keyboard. With the aid of an app I can project the iPad screen to the big TV using Apple Airplay... I guess tomorrow will test whether this is a winner..

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 17, 2020, 12:53 pm

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » May 17, 2020, 4:18 pm

Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 18, 2020, 7:02 am

Charlieb wrote:
May 17, 2020, 12:53 pm
Will this work?

https://thetypingcat.com/howto/change-y ... yout-winxp
Yes that's how I put Thai language onto the XP machine but for some reason, and I checked again yesterday, I still need to hold Ctrl to use all the Thai script keys.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”