Changing Internet RSPs - Optical Fibre

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Changing Internet RSPs - Optical Fibre

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2020, 5:19 pm

Has anyone changed providers (eg from True to 3BB), using fibre in both cases?

If so, does the new provider (3BB in the above example) install their own fibre cable to the house, or somehow terminate and use the True cable?

I ask, because in Oz the same fibre is used by all providers, but perhaps not the same here.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Re: Changing Internet RSPs - Optical Fibre

Post by cjd01 » May 16, 2020, 5:35 pm

I've changed 3 times now from different ISP's
in all instances they have run new cable
the latest was Cat to 3BB

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2020, 6:14 pm

Cheers - thanks cjd.

If I change again, the house is going to look like a main intersection in Calcutta. Already have telephone and HFC (unused), plus the current fibre provider. However True is being very uncooperative because I want to ditch Visions, and in the process lower the cost of my monthly package, while upgrading my internet speed.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 16, 2020, 6:21 pm

Yes I had a similar problem, my solution was to cut all my old ones down
3BB have a half decent internet entertainment package for an extra 39 baht month
however I prefer kodi
I have had their 1gb/500 for about 6 months so far excellent incl overseas connection

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 16, 2020, 6:54 pm

I have 3 cables now
Had cat and 3bb each had a cable
upgraded 3bb they ran a new cable
now i know why there are so many cables everywhere
forgot, orginally had tot wireless system so another hole into the house

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 17, 2020, 2:26 am

Had TOT for a few years ,first the micro wave receiver thingy , twas crap , then they put in cable promise of 100 , (so then had two cables running into the room as they didn't take down the old one )it was never reached , 80 and below at best with plenty of loss of signal ,4 times i had them out in three weeks , they free up grade to 250 for ever , or could have had 300 till December ,?? the signal was better but max 113 , more often about 90 so all was good , three days later loss of signal again,so back to the office again,(phone calls to this place are a waste of time ,) after polite reasoning and i now including my expenses diesel ,x 3 ,& phone calls 480bht , i was laughed at , further on they decided they would recomp me 17 days, i reasoned for 30 days at least as the signal was basically none existant or useless at best , still only 17 days , so of to cashier who then instead of presenting me the 17 days refund gave me a bill for 325 bht , ( this was to complete the payment for the following month which was not due for another 14 days ,) at this point i ripped up all the paperwork including bills ans flung them back over the counter ,much to the shock of everyone there , the place went deadly quiet , off i pop ,
rant over ,back on topic , went to 3bb same time , they came and connected up USING THE SAME CABLE , i've since ripped out the wire and pad for the micro wave system so now only 1 wire into the property , the 3bb system is by far more reliable and stronger( minimum 90) so far one week on ,

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 17, 2020, 7:58 am

My Rant.

Due to no international flights I am working 11 hours a day from home via Company VPN, I gave suppliers my house number to call me for any clarifications. Several tried but couldn't get through Ok called TOT call centre they advised must be the phone, batteries or wall socket that was wrong as nothing wrong their end!!! Checked everything my end no issues at all back on to call centre ok Mr we will contact Tech to come see you

2 days later tech called Sorry Mr we took away your cable long time ago but if u upgrade to phone and internet we can put back - no chance I said 3bb much more reliable

Went to TOT office and got several months line charges bqck, with 3 BB u can also install the phone

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 19, 2020, 5:08 pm

Went into True main office in the Complex today, hoping to change my current package:

- 200/50 fibre internet + mobile 10GB data 4G & 60 minutes talk time + a low end True Visions package @ TBH899/month

to a promotion I saw on one of their flyers, which would cost TBH200 less per month:

- 200/200 internet @ TBH599/month + 10GB data 4G & 100 minutes @ TBH99/month

Instead, from the same flyer I was offered, and jumped at:

- 500/500 internet + 10GB data & 60 minutes talk + True ID Ultimate TV @TBH699/month (which actually shows as TBH899/month of the flyer).

So still TBH200/month ahead, and more than double the internet speed. 12 month contract. VAT not included in the above.

Tech due tomorrow to change the modem and router to a new modem/router, and probably new TV box.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”