Help needed

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Help needed

Post by stattointhailand » August 20, 2020, 1:26 pm

Daughters laptop when switched on just displays "windows is resuming" on a blue background.

High tech to me is a pencil sharpener with two sizes, so I dont have a clue if it needs to go to shop or if it can be fixed

any advice appreciated

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Help needed

Post by dunroaming » August 20, 2020, 1:56 pm

Try to safe boot it, instructions on link below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -safe-mode

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 20, 2020, 4:10 pm

You could try pressing & holding the power button forcing a shutdown. Wait a couple of minutes then power up again. That might be enough to get Windows to start properly
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 20, 2020, 4:41 pm

When I have had computer problems, there's often suggested resolutions on the internet and/or explanations.Likewise, I don't have much of as clue with technology.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 20, 2020, 5:30 pm

Thanks guys even when I press F8 before turning on and holding it down whilst I switch on it still comes up "windows is resuming"
other options seem to include things like "click on start button" , but there is nothing on the screen except "windows is resuming" so I cant "click" on anything.
Looks like a store visit tomorrow as I wont get through the weekend with my sanity "semi" intact if she needs non PC things to occupy her all weekend

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 20, 2020, 6:00 pm

Looked up problem on line(seems like major problem encountered with windows 10) and they go on about booting without battery in then checking something to do with "split hard drives" ....... all far to techie for me.

and then

Dtr just came in from bike ride, plugged power in to charge her phone (laptop on same extension lead) and the bl**dy thing has started perfectly ............ computers seem like old TV sets, if the pictures fuzzy just hit the top of the TV with your fist a few times

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 20, 2020, 6:08 pm

Could be a start up file has moved from laptop to phone so when phone not connected laptop cannot boot

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 20, 2020, 6:20 pm

err yeah right ............ not too sure what the phone charger has to do with the computer but

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 20, 2020, 6:42 pm

If it's Windows 10, it was probably an update that was completing? Can't be rushed.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 20, 2020, 7:02 pm

Statts .. i think.you will.find its the thorax of the hard drive membrane perished or the tab 6 restart module setting is not confirmed ...

Now it appears to be working again .. the OUTLOOK is rosey so.have a chang n a black.pudding buttie with HP.sauce.

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 20, 2020, 8:42 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 20, 2020, 7:02 pm
Statts .. i think.you will.find its the thorax of the hard drive membrane perished or the tab 6 restart module setting is not confirmed ...

Now it appears to be working again .. the OUTLOOK is rosey so.have a chang n a black.pudding buttie with HP.sauce.

Dm
Thanks for that DM :-k

For future ref I prefer me beer to be Leo, me puddn ta be white n me sauce Red :lol: :lol:

Noticed Scunny v Port Vale in Micky Mouse cup draw

Probably a 1D 10T error again

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 21, 2020, 9:58 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 20, 2020, 6:00 pm
Looked up problem on line(seems like major problem encountered with windows 10) and they go on about booting without battery in then checking something to do with "split hard drives" ....... all far to techie for me.

and then

Dtr just came in from bike ride, plugged power in to charge her phone (laptop on same extension lead) and the bl**dy thing has started perfectly ............ computers seem like old TV sets, if the pictures fuzzy just hit the top of the TV with your fist a few times
Yip,
Don't know which one is worse the UK rail service or Windows 10. No one has any idea when it will arrive/finish updating/leave or if it is working at all. Just wait like a numpty and eventually it will work/arrive.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”