Sin Sod, marry in udon

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
thrilled
udonmap.com

Re: Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by thrilled » May 18, 2010, 10:06 pm

If the lady has been married before then small to no sin sod.If she's relatively young and hasn't been married then it can run into some money.My advice if shes young and hasn't been married before,just take everything slow and go from there.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » May 18, 2010, 11:10 pm

Are you marrying her or buying her?

Pay nothing.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » May 19, 2010, 12:53 am

SanBorn wrote:Few months ago I went to friends wedding. He married at bar girl prostitute like most farangs do. Everybody knew where she came from and how they met. Wedding cost 20,000 baht and no sinsod since she was a bar girl and a divorce women.
Sinsod is given only if she is worthy to give money for. Such as her virginity, education, family status, social stadining, job, etc.
If she came from a good family, education, job and respectable person, expect to pay 100,000 baht++.
Bit of a statement to make innit ??????? ( Most farangs marry prostitutes )) can you back this up with some hard facts ??
if not I suggest you withdraw this remark as you are insulting many people on here that do have the intelligence and wherewithall to form a proper loving relationship

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » May 19, 2010, 4:45 am

Texpat wrote:Are you marrying her or buying her?

Pay nothing.
Maybe she lood face Tex :D

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » May 19, 2010, 5:03 am

easterneye wrote:
SanBorn wrote:Few months ago I went to friends wedding. He married at bar girl prostitute like most farangs do. Everybody knew where she came from and how they met. Wedding cost 20,000 baht and no sinsod since she was a bar girl and a divorce women.
Sinsod is given only if she is worthy to give money for. Such as her virginity, education, family status, social stadining, job, etc.
If she came from a good family, education, job and respectable person, expect to pay 100,000 baht++.
Bit of a statement to make innit ??????? ( Most farangs marry prostitutes )) can you back this up with some hard facts ??
if not I suggest you withdraw this remark as you are insulting many people on here that do have the intelligence and wherewithall to form a proper loving relationship
=D>

Maybe SanBorn can include also about his friends marriage to a bar prostitute with 'a bit of a statement' saying she is a heavy drinker,smokes a lot (cigarettes),has managed to accumulate several tattoos and can talk in 5 languages 8)

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 19, 2010, 8:48 am

Texpat wrote:Are you marrying her or buying her?

Pay nothing.
What, not even for the wedding? No booze, no food, no karaoke, no wedding dress, etc, etc?
..Or just don't pay Sin sod?

chanthima13
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by chanthima13 » May 8, 2011, 5:57 am

my sin sod was 100,000 bath this back when $1=41 bath ,, and we have morlamzing in the evening just a simple one ,,,and the next morning we have monks come to our house to give a blessing ceramony it was memoble moment for me ... i had seen some guys pay over a millions bath to your thai wife .. I am very impressed with that ,,,lol!

dirtydiggs

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by dirtydiggs » May 26, 2011, 10:04 pm

It will depend on the family, my wife and I got married in the UK, and we never paid a sin sod, in fact my wife's Dad paid for her family's flights to come to the wedding. I paid for the wedding as a trade off.

On the other hand my Wife's cousin is due to marry a lawyer from a well to do family and he is expected to pay 1 million baht, her parents say this is to cover the high cost of her education (Masters degree). This is a thai-thai wedding.

My best friend is getting married shortly and he is "showing" a sin sod to his bride's family. This will be 200k and will be given back to him after the wedding.

Try to keep everyone happy including yourself with the sin sod if you have to pay one.

ruktur
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by ruktur » February 27, 2013, 4:57 am

A little update about my sin sod from 2009 when I started this post:

We had a nice buddhist wedding (sin sod), starting in the morning 07:30 with 9 monks and around 250 guests.

With a great Isaan Band with 4 girls and 3 singers for around 170 euro they played from 09:00 till 16:00 o 'clock.
Everybody got really drunk, chinese 9 diner menu for 1000 baht per table (10 persons p. table).

I payed the family around 100.000 baht for the Sin Sod.

It was really fun, they even closed the street, the mayor and the minister of Udon also came!

Everything was great with the party but only 2 weeks planning for this, in Belgium it takes 1 year planning for a wedding!
Even in the morning around 08:00 they where building up the stage for the singers while we where praying for the monks.

After all a SUPERB wedding!

Now we have a child together (3 years old) living in Belgium and going back this year in May to see the family again!
This time the younger sister is going to married a Thai so I can see it from a other sight of view.

Many cheers to all of you,

Tommy

luangtom
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by luangtom » February 27, 2013, 11:07 am

I will bet that his fee for "sin sod" is nowhere near the 100,000-baht you paid and I will also wager you will be requested to help pay for the festivities. Just a guess..............

kopkei
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by kopkei » February 27, 2013, 3:52 pm

well theoretically sinsod is only paid to a lady whom has never been married before and not have children...
from the moment on these requirement are not there any more , before married , or have children , meaning she is second hand , or more... :D ...normally thai never pay sinsod in this case...
now many falang do not know this and the ignorant falang thinks this is the thai way and pay unnecessary sinsod , in many cases way to much, in that case i would call the girls , the one with the golden pussy ( no james bond movie...),
but this also go's for the cases that many falang , mostly older (have to?) pay the in most cases a lot younger wife ( read age grand daughter) a monthly allowance (to keep the golden pussy)of which the wife can than brag about amongst their friends ....so when we got married 16 years ago there wasn't even any talk about sinsod , as my wife wasn't married before but had 2 children , and her father was happy enough his daughter has found a good falang willing to take care her and her children, also we did not have any wedding party , and we have a joint bank account which my wife controls perfectly within the limits of our monthly budget , also a rare quality you can not find with many lady's....
(and this all ready the 12years i live continually in thailand)
so in any case it will be ...no matter what sinsod you pay...as long as you are happy...and more important stay happy... ;)

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 27, 2013, 4:20 pm

jai yen yen wrote:This woman you are with is clearly after your money, get out now. There are good girls out there. I have been with my gf for 3 years and have never been pressured for money or gifts. Her family does not ask for anything as well. On top of that she is beautiful, smart, kind and possibly the nicest human being I have ever met. Keep looking. Also when I asked about sin sod her mother said she only wanted her daughter to be happy and cared for. One more thing, most bargirls will never make good wives or girlfriends.

I think it good 'ruktur' that you have honestly described your situation and are happy, that's the bottom line. What you decided upon with your girl and family is your decision alone and I wish you all the best and would guess some others in a similar situation relate to your experience. There will always be judgemental experts that would do it different but nine times out of ten they are just good liars trying to make themselves feel good or just plain miserable people.

There are some topics at present on the forum, 'The F-word, please not around my kids', well reading the above post maybe proves there is a time and place for the F word, how ever I do agree not around lady's or children but it is hard sometimes!, others that spring to mind are ' More doom and gloom to come' and 'Farangs beware'.

Your living the dream 'ruktur', enjoy it.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by Asiaphile » February 27, 2013, 6:43 pm

kopkei wrote:well theoretically sinsod is only paid to a lady whom has never been married before and not have children...
from the moment on these requirement are not there any more , before married , or have children , meaning she is second hand , or more... :D ...normally thai never pay sinsod in this case...
Not true. My wife's sister, who is divorced, got married just last month. The Thai gentleman she got married to is quite well off and he paid a hefty sum of money to my in-laws of his own accord.
I may add that my in-laws are by no means needy.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by kopkei » February 27, 2013, 6:58 pm

asia you must read well ...i've said ...normally thai never pay sinsod in this case.
even our daughter ( who has a daughter) married thai style again... got sinsod 25.000 baht....
but mostly this is not the case...it is all up to the willing future husband .... ;)

ruktur
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by ruktur » March 2, 2013, 5:10 am

Sorry I was not clear about it:

100.000 baht so around 2000 euro for here mother not for the party! After this money she never asked me again about pay something! last december I had a good bonus from my work so I give here 600 euro.

At that time my wife never had a man so she is a virgin and of course no childeren for SURE!

I met here when I was 24 years old and she 22 in the year 2004!

The wedding take a little bit longer because I stayed 1 year in Thailand. After 1 year I go back to Belgium and in 1 month I had a new job in the ICT. First I want to now if she can live in Belgium without the family so she stayed here for 3 months. After that I had to wait for 1 year before she can come to live in Belgium after that we did the wedding "Sin Sod" in the year 2009.

So I hope i cleat the things,

Greetings,

Tommy

ruktur
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by ruktur » March 2, 2013, 5:12 am

somebody can have information about my other subject in the form:

driving from Udon to Chiang Mai

Shado
udonmap.com

Sin Sod, marry in udon

Post by Shado » March 2, 2013, 8:00 am

There is a bit of fairly recent driving information on this thread if you haven't looked at it already.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... hilit=udon to chiang mai#p278684

Congratulations on the marriage and thanks for the update. Hope your return visit to Udon goes well.

Return to “Relationships”