The other side of the scams

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
cali4995
udonmap.com

Re: The other side of the scams

Post by cali4995 » February 8, 2009, 7:32 pm

I need medical but this solution may be a tad extreme? :razz: That is sad, by the time she
eventually meets a semi-normal farang, she will be so battle-scarred she may scare him off.
One of my biggest fears is having some plump thing roll over and crush me during the night. =;

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » February 8, 2009, 9:13 pm

westerby wrote:The other side of scams? Thailand attracts (IMHO) Farangs that believe they can get away with things that they wouldn't be able to in their home country. These people inhabit the fringes of our society back home, they get involved in minor crime, drug dealing, pimping, shoplifting, etc. Thailand is attractive to them because they think they can work the system. So why shouldn't the idea of a scam work in reverse? In other words, Farang men scamming Thais, totally plausible.
bigwavedave wrote:Well westers im not a farang that believes he can get away with things and neither is any person i have met through this media!!! :D Maybe its just you!!!! Yooo leeeeetel mernkeeey !!!
Oh, I'm sure the Farang men that post on this site are all decent chaps, I said that Thailand attracts the kind of Farang involved in the seedy and down at heel.

Have you really never met a Farang in the tourist areas from the seamier side of the tracks? I'm amazed, and you a former soldier aswell.

Maybe you're right, it could be the social circles that I move in.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 8, 2009, 11:53 pm

I'm sure the Farang men that post on this site are all decent chaps
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOD NOTE: some subsequent off topic posts deleted.

Please keep to the topic.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » February 22, 2009, 7:51 pm

a quick update of my sister in laws scam artist story.... there was a thai woman who paid twice with the malaysia scam, so she went to the police and between them they devised a plan, she proffessed her love etc and sent him a free ticket to come and help her spend all her money etc etc,,, he arrived in bangkok and went straight to jail without passing go!!!! so happy ending for many girls he scammed...

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » February 22, 2009, 9:14 pm

Fairy tales...

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » February 22, 2009, 9:45 pm

Techland wrote:Fairy tales...
Dunno!!! But it really makes me feel happy that it could be true, and i have no reason to doubt it isnt, as the site informed my sister in law

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 23, 2009, 2:38 pm

I see where Stickman outed the Canadian that got scammed awhile back losing everything!He claims he was a scammer of falangs in Thailand and that he received his Karma! :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 23, 2009, 4:29 pm

The OP does bring up a good point. We all hear tales of woe mostly about the farang seeking companionship via the 'net being absolutely clueless about the culture and sensitivities over here and relationships going pear-shaped rapidly. But how about the average middle-aged, well-respected, upper local government Thai lady? It's just as big a minefield for her and playing on her home ground may not be enough to sustain a cross-cultural relationship, even if she gets a decent sort. At least the ladies from the.... wrong side of the tracks have a heads-up on how to tell the potential family provider from the total oxygen waster; just a pity that some of them ignore the warning signs and persevere in some pretty horrendous and occasionally violent relationships.

However, I think the recent local bad news and corresponding fear of farangs will only scare off the ladies relatively new at this shot-in-dark style of dating game and the numbers will pick up again. For every publicized tale of misery and misfortune, they will probably see a dozen happy farang/thai couples at the mall, at the market, popping into the gold shops or driving around in nice cars. And their kids are sooooooooo nah ruk too.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2009, 1:50 am

Here is a gem from an online English-language site:

"Personal Assistant needed 17K per month
Seeking a versatile Personal Assistant for wide variety of marketing, administration, accounting and other tasks and projects relating to my online business (Australia). Interesting and challenging job. Must have excellent written and spoken English. Great working conditions from luxury condo. Candidate should be intelligent female between 20 and 30 years. Please apply by emailing [email protected] with current CV, a photo if possible, and introducing yourself. 3+ month contract."

Now, in your opinion, is this guy looking for someone to assist in his business or...? No mention of work-related experience or computer literacy, just needs to be a young, intelligent girl who has no objections hanging out in a luxury condo for 500 bucks a month till low-season truly arrives.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 26, 2009, 2:37 am

Oh don't be cynical Tamada... I'm sure he is kosher. If he just wanted a bit on the side wouldn't he look for someone a bit fick? I think I'll contact him to ask him what is wrong with the letter 'B.' acdefgh?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2009, 3:13 am

Here's one that doesn't hide his light under a bushel.

"Nurse/Companion/Housekeeper
Australian man (59) living in Pattaya with terminal heart disease requires female nurse/companion/housekeeper. Must be aged between 20 and 30 and compassionate. Will earn 200,000 - 300,000 baht per month subject to contract and will provisions. Reply with photo to [email protected]"

Up to almost 9000 bucks a month? I guess the Aussie entrepeneur is gonna be ---- outta luck getting anyone to polish his... website despite the luxury condo pull.

Sheesh.. I may even get the wifey onto this one! She has her own nurses uniform too.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 26, 2009, 3:47 am

200-300K per month? Holy Jesus! Any chance of a loan of that nurses uniform? He must be trying to expedite his departure from this life.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 26, 2009, 3:50 am

IA

u need to be the Head Nurse on those wages #-o

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 26, 2009, 3:56 am

Okay just got Raquel to pose in her uniform. Okay what is his email?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 26, 2009, 5:26 am

The fella has a heart problem...that will push him over the edge with-in a few hours...so no money. :(

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » February 26, 2009, 7:06 am

bigwavedave wrote:
westerby wrote:The other side of scams? Thailand attracts (IMHO) Farangs that believe they can get away with things that they wouldn't be able to in their home country. These people inhabit the fringes of our society back home, they get involved in minor crime, drug dealing, pimping, shoplifting, etc. Thailand is attractive to them because they think they can work the system. So why shouldn't the idea of a scam work in reverse? In other words, Farang men scamming Thais, totally plausible.
Well westers im not a farang that believes he can get away with things and neither is any person i have met through this media!!! :D Maybe its just you!!!! Yooo leeeeetel mernkeeey !!!

my sister in law is desperate to find a farang, so she is 24/7 virtually on date in asia.. She has had loads of scammers trying to get money from her!!! its amazing!!! One guy talked to her for a long time over weeks and weeks, they fell in love blah blah blah... Then he said he wants to invest in a gold shop (alarm bells for me anyway) then he said i trust you so much im sending 100,000 quid for you to secure a shop!!!! DING DING DING... Then she got a call from some person who said we have a parcel for you from england but its arrived in Malaysia!!! we will need 36,000 baht to courier it to Udon Thani, bank details as follow!!!! i rang the guy from manchester??? yeah right!!! with a nigerian accent... i had my minute of firing F*cks into him. and she reported him and he was banned....
Then this guy from sweden but now living in Manchester befriended her, (Benny) lovely photo etc etc really genuine, long time talking over weeks and weeks.. Then DING DING DING.. my brother (picture emailed) is visiting the phillipuines and will be stopping over in thailand to come and meet you!!!! She was so excited!!! i saw it as a scam!! I said i bet you a million baht by friday (the day he was coming) you will have a call saying he is stuck in Phillipines and needs money for the flight, lost his wallet or something!!!! (now im mister unpopular)
eventually Benny gave her his brothers number so i waited till 4am uk time and rang him another nigerian (very sleepy just woken up)!!! told me he had an appointment with the phillipine ambassador and was short on cash blah blah i told him in the few seconds i had left to go and f*ck himself and he again was banned off the site... and im still waiting for the million baht!!!! :( :(

how many girls are falling for this crap???
A girl where I work fell for this very same scam two weeks ago with the courier/parcel stuck in Malaysia scam.
Here's the url:
http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=33461
I see now that the company who let them use a subdomain on their service (instantecom.net) have now cancelled it.

The girl was asked to send 40,000-odd Baht to cover taxes by a courier service bringing cash into Malaysia on it's way to Thailand. Payment by Western Union to their Malaysian agent of course.
The alledged guy was sending 8,000 UKP in cash, a laptop and other things by courier.
Fortunately I googled it and spotted the scam above before she had got the cash together.
The scammer and courier service were obviously one and the same.
They used an address in Manchester which is a real motorbike courier service. Of course I emailed them to let them know their address had been used on the scam website.

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » February 26, 2009, 7:11 am

tamada wrote:Here's one that doesn't hide his light under a bushel.

"Nurse/Companion/Housekeeper
Australian man (59) living in Pattaya with terminal heart disease requires female nurse/companion/housekeeper. Must be aged between 20 and 30 and compassionate. Will earn 200,000 - 300,000 baht per month subject to contract and will provisions. Reply with photo to [email protected]"

Up to almost 9000 bucks a month? I guess the Aussie entrepeneur is gonna be ---- outta luck getting anyone to polish his... website despite the luxury condo pull.

Sheesh.. I may even get the wifey onto this one! She has her own nurses uniform too.

Here's a link to some other scams in Pattaya: http://www.scams-in-pattaya.com/

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 26, 2009, 10:28 am

Irish Alan wrote:Okay just got Raquel to pose in her uniform. Okay what is his email?

Forget HIS email! What's Raquel's email? :love:

:lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 26, 2009, 11:28 am

Irish Alan wrote:Okay just got Raquel to pose in her uniform. Okay what is his email?

Ah ! So Raquel is with you in the Emerald Isle,Then ?? ;) ;) ;)Did'nt you know we are short of Nurses here,Al I mean you could have left her here in the Warm Sunshine to take care of us . Nurse I got a Fever,How about a Bed Bath ;) ;) ;) ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wisdom
udonmap.com

Post by Wisdom » February 26, 2009, 4:09 pm

I have a heart problem, so have made Raquel my laptop 'desktop background'. But, instead of relaxing me, calming for the heart seeing a nurse, the sight of Raquel seems to give me palpitations for some reason! :love: My daughter is training to be a nurse here at Guildford uni, her uniform isn't like that, which is just as well! Obviously Thai nurses more customer friendly, as i'll explain to my 10 year old grand-daughter when she next uses my laptop for girls go games! :-"

Return to “Relationships”