Dating site experiences... good or bad please do tell

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
goonersh
udonmap.com

Dating site experiences... good or bad please do tell

Post by goonersh » July 24, 2009, 10:04 pm

Ok, by special request again!!!!

Heres ONE of my experiences

I met this girl on Lavalife... we were chatting eventually on MSN AND the phone for a couple of months and all seemed good. I saw her pic, she had sunnies on but looked ok....

One day (i think it was ANZAC day in 2007) she said why dont i come over for lunch, she lived in Manly.. i lived in Five Dock... i thought "what the hell" she seems ok so i got ready and drove over there....

It took about an hour and a half to get there and get ready... Once i pulled up at her house i knocked on the screen door and there was no answer, I heard a dog yapping so i knocked again.. still no answer..., after the third knock i tried the screen door and it was unlocked so i walked into her lounge...

On the couch in front of me was a 40 od year old woman in her undies... as i entered the room she tried to stand up and failed... she was so paraletic drunk she literally collapsed into a heap on the floor.... to say i was surprised was an understatement, she seemed totally sober every time i had spoke to her previously...

anyway... I went to try to help her up and as i was lifting her all she could manage to say was "f ck me f ck me f ck me"

Of course i did not, i tried to make sure she was ok, and i even helped her into the bathroom to try to freshen up... imagine my horror when, a few minutes later, i then saw her crumpled on the bathroom floor, after having wet herself...

I then dragged her onto her bed, then wrote her a long not saying how stupid she was and that i could literally

1: have robbed her blind
2: have abused her in all manner of sexual ways as i saw fit

I ended the note by saying she was very lucky i was a gent and to be more careful next time
I went home...

not a bad one to start it off this thread hey? :yikes:

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Re: Dating site experiences... good or bad please do tell

Post by jimboLV » July 24, 2009, 10:46 pm

goonersh wrote:I then dragged her onto her bed, then wrote her a long not saying how stupid she was and that i could literally

I ended the note by saying she was very lucky i was a gent and to be more careful next time
I went home...
She was probably disappointed that you didn't pursue (2) above. :yikes:

I've got one, not nearly as bad as that, but interesting. I was in the process of a very contentious divorce, and was assigned (at my request) to a project on a remote island in teh Aleutian island chain of Alaska. I go on this online dating thing (don't even remember which one), and hook up with this chick, late 30's, masters degree, has traveled all over Europe, is a school teacher at an exclusive private school in Las Vegas (my home). So we exchange a few emails in which she tells me her husband is totally uninterested in sex and she's horny and ready to jump ship. She sends me a full face picture and she's kinda cute. No full body pic, the first tipoff. So we agree to meet on my next trip back home.

We meet at her favorite restaurant in Vegas and she turns out to weigh at least 300 pounds (about 21 stones). The pic of her face must have been taken many years ago, maybe even in high school. Oh well, at least I'll get good dinner and maybe some good conversation. She opens up and tells me that she hasn't taught school in 15 years, in fact has not had a job in 15 years because she's on "disability". I asked her what her affliction is and she says "emotional stress, they're gonna catch up with me soon, I've got to come up with something else". Then this worthless piece of humanity proceeds to try to convince me that I should go on disability, offering all kinds of advice. Like "tell them you have a bad back, there's no way they can check that". The conversation was strained, mostly her complaining about her husband's lack of interest in sex (who could blame him, poor guy) and her fondness for various "marital aids". I struggled through the meal, even thought about skipping out and leaving her with the check, but I'm just a nice guy at heart, so I didn't.

Needless to say, we parted company, but not before a disgusting wet tongue kiss in the parking lot and an invitation of more to come. I gave the stock "I'll be calling you" and beat it out of there. She continued to send me emails for awhile, but finally got the message when I never answered.

I'll take a Thai bar girl over that any day of the week.

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » July 24, 2009, 10:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: If those 2 stories don't put a halt to the guys going to online dating, I don't know what will. Great stories,,, keep em coming.... =D>

Moothon
udonmap.com

Post by Moothon » July 25, 2009, 12:07 am

Guess I've always been a 1%er. I actually did find my girlfriend on the thai love links website. She works in a bank here in Udon and I'm sure some of you have seen her.

Granted, I have been in Thailand for more than a decade and I can speak Thai and I'm only 42 years old. She is 24. We have been together a little over a year now, and it only get's better, and that's saying alot because it started out great.

Yes, it took about 2 months to narrow it down to her, from about 60 that I CHOSE to contact from that website. Then I decided to see if ANY of the ones I liked, liked me too. More whittling. Some scammers, some gold diggers, some crazy, some nice, some scary, and her.

I RESPONDED TO ZERO THAT CHOSE ME FIRST. It went really quick the last few weeks as it got down to the nut cuttin'.

I made everything PERFECTLY clear about sin sod, family values, my fishing and outdoor addiction, only 2 best times to fish, when it's raining and when it isn't. etc.,etc., the worst day of fishing is better than the best day of working....and all the rest you've heard before.....

I got past all that UP FRONT, that cut about 80% real quick.

Then I listened to their high and low points (compatibility) to each other, cut another 15%, then called the last few, and after several conversation and webcam conversations, chose to meet her.

She said she had joined the website after reading an add in the local newspaper, and combined with boredom, and as it's free to join, and net surfing as we all do, and being that she doesn't go to clubs or bars, and is somewhat shy outside of work, found it difficult to meet any decent guys, Thai or Expat.

She said she was aware that there are good and bad Thai men, and good and bad Expats, and wasn't really hunting full out, just as we do, she wanted to see what was there, what they looked like, any fine ones?, nice ones, ugly ones, any mean looking ones?, any young, old, fat, slim etc. etc. etc., ones?

As we have, she had heard the stories of love, betrayal, soul mates, nut jobs, guys with character, guys who ARE characters, guys who were ripped off, guys who lied to girls to get laid and then disappeared, etc. etc. etc .

So, I decided to meet her at the Charoen complex. Yes, I sat at that little coffee shop just inside the door, outside of the bookstore and waited nervously.

She arrived on time !!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it !!!!!!!! I wanted to marry her right then !!!!!

So knowing you should never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to, her being Thai, I asked " kin kow yang? Have you eaten yet?" She said "yang, not yet".

to be continued..........

Moothon
udonmap.com

Post by Moothon » July 25, 2009, 12:08 am

So I asked her "kin arai dee, what's good to eat?" And as usual, she said "arai gawdai, anything" So I took her up to the food court where it's open, safe, and cheap, to set the tone of my daily life.

With her looking, I got 500 baht of coupons, so she would know that I'm not broke, I just like to eat wherever I want to eat. I like nice restaurants sometimes too, just not at noon on a Saturday.

I gave her 2 books of coupons, that's 200 baht, and set her loose to see what she'd do. Passing with flying colors, she asked me if I wanted her to order for me. I said sure, I'll eat what ever you eat.

So being the gent I am, and believing 50/50 (workwise) is a good number in a relationship, I asked her what she wanted to drink, and while she got the food, I got the drinks, and the silverware, dipped them in the hot water, dried them and got the napkins as well.

This was my way of showing her that I was looking for a best friend and lover, not a maid or a slave.

While we pretended to eat, sizing each other up, wondering if that person is really a nutter, or nice person, we chatted. She complimented my Thai and taught me a few lao words, all under the guise of interrogation, as I was doing the same.

They know as we do, that SOME words can only be learned from having had a relationship with a person of that language. Just because a Thai girl speaks good English, doesn't mean she has had an expat boyfriend before.

But, if you hear slang, that you know you never hear in Thailand come out, she either studied there, or has fished the waters before, either as a girlfriend or bargirl or other in the "SERVICE" industry.

The same for us, and she was listening for me to say anything cute that a former flame had taught me, just a little slang to roll out, and depending on what was said, would know volumes about where I had been, and I had been around in my wilder days, and knew how to hide it just as good as anyone.

I was in the military for 12 years, learned a few things during that time, did a few things and saw alot of things and have been around SE Asia and Thailand all over.

I have seen some good guys get burned, some really stupid guys get burned and some guys that got it right, or hit it lucky, or whatever happens to some that have great relationships that last forever.

After an hour, we both knew we at least were not afraid to continue the conversation, and seemed to enjoy each others company. I asked her if she wanted to see a movie. She said NO. I thought damn, I knew it. She's too cute and I'm too old. I don't feel 42, or even look 42, and 42 is not even old, but it is 18 years older than her, SHE'S 24. Oh well, at least she was fun to eat with and I'm only out of 90 baht.

to be continued..........

bjoehoe
udonmap.com

Post by bjoehoe » July 25, 2009, 12:26 am

jimboLV wrote:
goonersh wrote:I then dragged her onto her bed, then wrote her a long not saying how stupid she was and that i could literally

I went home...
She was probably disappointed that you didn't pursue (2) above. :yikes:

I've got one, not nearly as bad as that, but interesting. I was in the process of a very contentious divorce, and was assigned (at my request) to a project on a remote island in teh Aleutian island chain of Alaska. I go on this online dating thing (don't even remember which one), and hook up with this chick, late 30's, masters degree, has traveled all over Europe, is a school teacher at an exclusive private school in Las Vegas (my home). So we exchange a few emails in which she tells me her husband is totally uninterested in sex and she's horny and ready to jump ship. She sends me a full face picture and she's kinda cute. No full body pic, the first tipoff. So we agree to meet on my next trip back home.

We meet at her favorite restaurant in Vegas and she turns out to weigh at least 300 pounds (about 21 stones). The pic of her face must have been taken many years ago, maybe even in high school. Oh well, at least I'll get good dinner and maybe some good conversation. She opens up and tells me that she hasn't taught school in 15 years, in fact has not had a job in 15 years because she's on "disability". I asked her what her affliction is and she says "emotional stress, they're gonna catch up with me soon, I've got to come up with something else". Then this worthless piece of humanity proceeds to try to convince me that I should go on disability, offering all kinds of advice. Like "tell them you have a bad back, there's no way they can check that". The conversation was strained, mostly her complaining about her husband's lack of interest in sex (who could blame him, poor guy) and her fondness for various "marital aids". I struggled through the meal, even thought about skipping out and leaving her with the check, but I'm just a nice guy at heart, so I didn't.

Needless to say, we parted company, but not before a disgusting wet tongue kiss in the parking lot and an invitation of more to come. I gave the stock "I'll be calling you" and beat it out of there. She continued to send me emails for awhile, but finally got the message when I never answered.

I'll take a Thai bar girl over that any day of the week.
You make numerous negative statements about this woman but still had to take part in a "disgusting wet toungekiss" with her?
You are obviously not just a "nice guy". Complete pantsy springs to mind.

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » July 25, 2009, 1:48 am

I've met my wife on a dating website. The best woman in the world, loving, kind, honest and intelligent. Yes it's possible to meet a good girl on the internet.

The only advice I can give is to take it easy, don't start a relationship and marry after a couple of months. Get to know each other a bit, even before you meet for the first time.

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » July 25, 2009, 4:50 am

Never done the dating website thing. Are there lots of bunny boilers on these sites? :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 25, 2009, 5:07 am

Hold on...have we got two treads going on this.. :confused:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 25, 2009, 5:38 am

No, one of the treads is about finding true love or something in whorehouses...a nice 'touch'; however, both treads were both started by the same ******************************* poster who emerged from another tread.

Nice to see that you dropped the polite going and coming announcements.

Why weren't both treads buried in the forum section on the other page? How did they make front page news?

I only carry one pen with me.

Some Text Removed by Mods

goonersh
udonmap.com

Post by goonersh » July 25, 2009, 8:02 am

Tilokarat wrote:No, one of the treads is about finding true love or something in whorehouses...a nice 'touch'; however, both treads were both started by the same *************************poster who emerged from another tread.

Why weren't both treads buried in the forum section on the other page? How did they make front page news?

thanks for the compliment tilo..... it seems , on here, the more you post the more you can insult and get away with it... so ill wait till ive posted 500 and reach the "insult pass mark" before i respond in kind....i started BOTH threads on the request of others... and i dont really care what you say about me at all....classy mate, classy

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 25, 2009, 8:47 am

goonersh wrote:
Tilokarat wrote:No, one of the treads is about finding true love or something in whorehouses...a nice 'touch'; however, both treads were both started by the same *********************** poster who emerged from another tread.

thanks for the compliment tilo..... it seems , on here, the more you post the more you can insult and get away with it... so ill wait till ive posted 500 and reach the "insult pass mark" before i respond in kind....i started BOTH threads on the request of others... and i dont really care what you say about me at all....classy mate, classy
then why respond ? :-" :-" :-" as for the insult pass mark , i think you already exceeded that a few weeks ago . [-X [-X [-X i might add , that a few weeks ago you started posting for our opinions of your new relationship with a thai lady , now , it would appear that your some sort of relationship guru . advising us all of where , or where not is the best place to look for love , :roll: :roll: :roll: and burdening us with your opinions of all women that have the misfortune to work the bar scene . [-X [-X [-X this is just my opinion , and in no way should be construed as an insult . #-o #-o

Moothon
udonmap.com

Post by Moothon » July 25, 2009, 8:59 am

Then she said, "can we go to Prajak and walk in the park instead? There's nothing really good on in the cinema, and there's lot's of fish to feed in the park"

Ohhhhhh, I ******************!!!!! FIRST OFF SHE ARRIVED ON TIME !!! AND NOW THIS !!!!!

to be continued, unless I get flamed out of here .... :D

goonersh
udonmap.com

Post by goonersh » July 25, 2009, 9:02 am

saint wrote:
goonersh wrote:
Tilokarat wrote:No, one of the treads is about finding true love or something in whorehouses...a nice 'touch'; however, both treads were both started by the same ********************************** poster who emerged from another tread.

then why respond ? :-" :-" :-" as for the insult pass mark , i think you already exceeded that a few weeks ago . [-X [-X [-X i might add , that a few weeks ago you started posting for our opinions of your new relationship with a thai lady , now , it would appear that your some sort of relationship guru . advising us all of where , or where not is the best place to look for love , :roll: :roll: :roll: and burdening us with your opinions of all women that have the misfortune to work the bar scene . [-X [-X [-X this is just my opinion , and in no way should be construed as an insult . #-o #-o
Saint,no insult taken and im NOT telling anyone what to do at all... why would i do that???? Saying i am "advising" is just plain rubbish... Its simply my opinion based on experiences... and common sense... i am entitled to have an opinion AND as far as i can see i did not insult anyone on here OR tell them what to do.... just like any others on here i am and telling a few funny stories on the side about internet dating.... ANYONE on this planet can feel free to fork out thousands on dating sites and feel free to go to as many bars as you like in order to find love.... it bothers me not... IMO, it is flogging a dead horse.... and i think in this world of free speech i can say what is IMO.....

******************************Some Text Removed by Mods*************************

now back to the stories of internet dating GOOD or BAD

Moothon
udonmap.com

Post by Moothon » July 25, 2009, 9:58 am

thai love links is only a few hundred baht FOR A MONTH, AND THAT'S ALL YOU NEED, NOT THOUSANDS.
after u contact the girls the first time and have their email addresses, you don't need the website again. It's a hell of alot cheaper than diesel for my truck.

Can someone meet a girl on there and get burned and lose everything??? YOU BET CHA !!!!!

CAN SOMEONE FIND A GOOD ONE ON THERE??? YOU BET CHA !!!

Life just ain't fair, you just never know what will happen, till it happens.

Just be careful, and NEVER wait for the second RED FLAG!!! There are too many good one's to waste time wondering!!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 25, 2009, 10:01 am

I don't mean to insult or judge,but it does seem to me that 2 different personalities are emerging.Initially a polite,seemingly naive sincere individual seeking advice about his relationship to a more aggressive ,opinionated,experienced individual that might be looking for verbal scraps(trolling).

Makes me consider the possibilty that this might be a past member with a new name.

I will continue to follow and act in a manner that suits my fancy,which is to ignore if a troll and interact with if I believe he is a sincere member of this community with a neighborly attitude! :?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 25, 2009, 10:08 am

BKKSTAN wrote:I don't mean to insult or judge,but it does seem to me that 2 different personalities are emerging.Initially a polite,seemingly naive sincere individual seeking advice about his relationship to a more aggressive ,opinionated,experienced individual that might be looking for verbal scraps(trolling).

Makes me consider the possibilty that this might be a past member with a new name.

I will continue to follow and act in a manner that suits my fancy,which is to ignore if a troll and interact with if I believe he is a sincere member of this community with a neighborly attitude! :?
Must say I was coming to the same conclusion Stan. :mad:

Moothon
udonmap.com

Post by Moothon » July 25, 2009, 10:27 am

Well, I'm a new guy (on here), and am neighborly. I don't know what's up with the other dude

goonersh
udonmap.com

Post by goonersh » July 25, 2009, 11:01 am

another member under a new name... hahahaha and you say its me wearing the tin foil hat.... I am VERY experienced in forums... i am NOT someone pretending to be someone else and i certaily am opinionated on some things...because we ALL are.... just not on things i do not know about... if that is not good enough for people.... life goes on....

Im beginning to think the censorship on this place is just a little too much and unfairly distributed... but ill stick it out for a bit longer and see what happens, in between talking to kloi and playing scrabble online its a bit of a laugh and distraction still...

Oh and as for the looig for verbal scraps... trust me, if i was i have been baited by the massdebaitors enough in the past 48 hours to let rip ....but as you can see i have not... so that sort of deadens that argument hey???

i choose not to respond to the obvious boys club baiting.... but i could easily go the other way... what a fine line life is sometimes

:wave:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2009, 11:14 am

Are you really as dense as you come across as???
Would you walk into a full bar that you have never been into before & start insulting the other customers?
If one of the customers (sitting at a table with two women and another gentlemen) said to his mate "Do you think the Cats will play as **** this week as last". Would you jump into their conversation and say "That is because they are a bag of ****".
Would you ask the bar owner if he could recommend a good Chinese restaurant locally. Then immediately decry his recommendation as being the worst Chinese food you had ever tried??
If you answer YES to all the above then I suggest that you seek professional help.
If you answered NO then maybe, just maybe, you want to re-consider your attitude towards other posters on this site.
The one thing I can assure you is that Udonmap will continue completely satisfactory without your current efforts....

Return to “Relationships”