Thailovelinks

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Thailovelinks

Post by lepidoptra » August 24, 2010, 4:58 pm

This appears a very popular dating agency (Yes I have used it)
What would be interesting is to know the rate of success?
How many members have been able to find a good lady and stayed with them as a couple or married.
Just curious 8) \:D/

ergman
udonmap.com

Re: Thailovelinks

Post by ergman » August 24, 2010, 5:47 pm

I met my wife on Thailovelinks and we've been married for 4 years now. She worked at Watsons at the mall there prior to that (I'm sure some of you saw her). We just had a lovely baby girl this year on Jan. 03. I'll be 44 next month and she just turned 26 last month. We're very much in love and happy.

On the same subject when we were there last August we tried to get her younger sister hooked up on TLL. The wife and I set everything up and even paid for it for 3 months so she was at the top of the list. Let me tell you there are some VERY sick people out there. Some of the guys that would come on there and try to chat said some of the MOST disgusting things you could possibly imagine....and I'm not exagerrating! I mean really sick vile things. I tried to report them but I kept getting back from TLL we need more "evidence" but they wouldn't be specific. There were also quite a few Thais on there wanting to meet her but she was after a Farang so ignored them.

And I've got to tell this part of the story too. Finally we/she met a guy that was "contracting" in Africa with something to do in the oil business. At first, when my wife gave him her e-mail address, he started sending a few pics of himself with his mom back home (said we was from the States). And then the e-mails he started sending were just ridiculously "mushy" like something out of Romeo and Juliet. I told my wife that this guy seems pretty weird so I sent him an e-mail, on behalf of Yings sister, explaining about Thailand and Udonthani and what did he expect. His next reply was that he was coming to Udon soon and that she should look for a house for them to rent and he was madly in love blah blah blah. Also he started sending very silly sms's to my wife (of course thinking it was my wifes sister). Then right before we left Thailand the "bomb" came. He sent an e-mail saying he was "sick" in hospital there and he had already sent all his money home and he needed her to send something like $5,000 dollars so he could pay his hospital bill and then he would fly to Udon and pay her back.......I was like WTF :lol: :lol: :lol: ??? I went off on this guy and tore him a new one "him" obviously being a scammer and thinking #1...how stupid do you think these Thai girls are?? and #2....does he think these girls on TLL have $5,000 sitting around that they're going to send to some stranger?? (Yea yea yea I know we do it all the time but most of us know the Thai girls and THEY'RE not that stupid ;) ) Anyway he sent back an e-mail using every curse word he knew....in very broken English now which just further more proved he wasn't from the States and we all just laughed ( we still have the e-mail should anyone want to read it \:D/ )

Sorry this is so long but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it :D

Ed, Ying and baby Amanda

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » August 24, 2010, 7:13 pm

:lol: :lol: I signed my wife up w/o her knowledge,just for some fun for me!Unbelievable some of the characters that were enquiring.3-4 Muslims also! :lol: :lol: Several guys living in Thailand also,which rather surprised me!

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » August 25, 2010, 6:55 am

I used Thailovelinks and met my partner,we have been together now for 5 years.
Ed: Sounds like another Nigerian scam to me,those buggers don't give up.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » August 25, 2010, 8:25 am

TLL for me. 5+ years 54 years old, will never work again, happy happy happy

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » August 25, 2010, 9:04 am

I've never joined Thailovelinks but a couple of times in the last 6 months I have received an e-mail from them saying matches have been found for me and showing their profiles.
Girls from all over Thailand.....Udon,Chiang-Mai,Rayong,Bangkok etc........a very pretty 18 year old from Khon Kaen caught my eye but I dont think my wife would react favourably ! [-X
Still its nice to know I'm still popular with the younger crowd ! 8)

Funman
udonmap.com

Post by Funman » August 25, 2010, 9:07 am

A lot of Thai women on don't work the bars, they work TLL (Thailovelinks). Actually Dateinasia.com is a much better site and free too. Predominantly Filipina's but many Thai women also and they seem to be very genuine. Of course you will always get your occasional scammer wherever you go. You can exchange contact info without paying a membership fee. I believe it's part of TLL from the format and colors.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » August 25, 2010, 9:48 am

I looked at alot of the online dating services before i came to Thailand, trialled a few. Likewise, I found Dateinasia to be as good as any, and free. maybe because it is small it is overlooked by the big scammers. You just look at plenty of the entries and get a 'feel' for what a genuine entry looks like. If she seems too perfect, probably is getting advice and best to steer clear. Pick the entries which are different, contain detail ( too little then not serious or speaks no english) and seem realistic. Worked for me, never met a scammer. Found the wife elsewhere, but still have a few friends i talk too.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 25, 2010, 10:45 am

I met my gf on tll 3 years ago. She is wonderful and we are very happy. No problems from her or the family.

Funman
udonmap.com

Post by Funman » August 25, 2010, 12:26 pm

I always found that the Thai women on TLL would only reply to farangs that didn't live here in Thailand. Also, they seem to be online when it's the evening in the UK/EU and the US ie: early morning here. I tried a little experiment once. I changed my profile to show I lived in the US and did get some replies. With Thailand on my profile the only replies I got was from China and the Philippines.

virginprune
udonmap.com

Post by virginprune » August 25, 2010, 2:02 pm

jai yen yen wrote:I met my gf on tll 3 years ago. She is wonderful and we are very happy. No problems from her or the family.
snap =D>

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » August 25, 2010, 2:36 pm

I m not knocking these dating sites etc they do serve a dam good purpose with both partis involved benifiting at some stage wether in companionship , money or both who gives a fig as long as folks enjoy what they are doing.
I once met a lovely stunningly beautiful lass from Chonburi on Tagged dating site went out a few times and till this day remain friends , she worked for a training shoe factory on Amata industrial estate in the accounts dept and she openly explained at first she used the site to find afalang hubby then soon caught on to the fact this could add to her monthly income by fleecing fellas over the net and she still does so to this day and makes shatloads to boot.

Now all the good folk of Udon should raise a glass of Leo to this industrious young lady AS she brought me to Udon many moons ago for the first time - i loved it so much i bought the company (as Victor Kyam once said) and stayed . Hopefully i will meet her again one day when she gets out of prison .!!!!!

yes !! this is a serious post from mr mash

maikauzai
udonmap.com

Post by maikauzai » August 25, 2010, 2:52 pm

Agree with Funman.

Several years ago I joined TTL and I listed my address as in US. I was immediately swamped by dozens of girls popping up message boxes all over my screen every time I went online. They all had a story to tell, some said they were farmers (who could type English?). But when I told them I was in Bangkok, KK, Udon they all suddently became shy, then cut them offline.

Eventually a girl agreed to meet me in Udon so we met with her parents who came driving a big truck worth $50k US. I wondered where they got the money. For the second date, the girl stated that she'd like to go to university and needed 100,000 baht. Somehow I felt the waiter had a strange expression at me. Maybe the girl was a he?

I haven't bothered with TTL since.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » August 25, 2010, 5:50 pm

I was in Chiang Mai when my wife joined TLL. She knew from the start I was in CM as I told her. After a few weeks I flew to Udon Thani. We've been together ever since (5+ years) and now we have a 2.5 year old daughter.

I have plenty of friends who found their wives on TLL and after years (8 years in one relationship) they are still together. I wouldn't tar the whole TLL site based on some of the members; there are plenty of good ladies on TLL.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » August 26, 2010, 3:50 am

I believe ya could meet your significantly other thru all of the above and then some.Just do networking.I understand
there are many avaliable women out there.

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » August 26, 2010, 9:24 pm

Ive been told its a great website,My mate here in australia has Married a thai girl from BBK from the site~!!!!!!

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » August 26, 2010, 9:48 pm

Good with the bad, My ex ex tgf met a guy on tll that beat her up a few times, scumbag that he is.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » August 27, 2010, 2:12 am

A bit of input from my experiences on TLL ,,,,, I met and knew ( several ) girls all diamonds I have to say ,, but what I used to do was get the girl on to MSN or Yahoo and learn a hell of a lot of background info about her and family etc before making the long haul to meet her and was never dissapointed ,,, allthough nothing became quite strong enuf to make the big leap ,,,,,so I was just about to give up on finding a new wife on there and was about to join Cherry blossoms when I got a wink or what ever it is from a lovely Issan girl ,one thing led to another and here we are 2 and a half years later happilly married and living in the UK , infact we are on their testemonial list ,,,,, I would reccomend this site as a good introdutory I have only good things to say ,,,,,the only tip I would give if anyone wants it is to take your time and DO YOUR HOMEWORK as best you can ,,,good luck !!!!!!!!!

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » September 3, 2010, 8:52 am

Another TLL success story. Been together 3+ years and am very, very happy I met my wife. (on TLL) She is a teacher, is funny, frugal and one of the sweetest people I have ever met. So would I recommend it? Oh yeah...but keep your eyes open and your brain in the top head. ;) There are some fairly accomplished scammers out there.

Oh yeah, and no issues with the family either. :D

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » September 3, 2010, 9:02 am

I would guess that the gals that disappear right away after finding out you already live in Thailand,are the ones to avoid anyway!
It is a good bet that they are looking to scam or are focused on getting to falangland!

If they are looking to scam,they don't want to waste their time with a falang that ''knows to much'' or has a ''small'' job in Thailand!

Return to “Relationships”