Thailovelinks

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
jimboLV
udonmap.com

Re: Thailovelinks

Post by jimboLV » September 22, 2010, 9:46 am

Stan I wasn't directing my remarks to you specifically. I quoted from your post because your remark seemed to best summarize an attitude that I find prevalent on this thread, that MOST Thai women are scammers and cold bloodedy only looking out to get rich at the expense of the innocent, unwary farang. So you should feel flattered. :D

I see by your later post that that is not your position, so I apologize if I misread what you wrote. Now, we could get into a discussion of what constitutes "true love" but that would sure lead us nowhere. :-"

wayne747
udonmap.com

Post by wayne747 » September 24, 2010, 3:37 pm

It is difficult.
One gets so afraid of scams, that when one meets a truly nice woman it is very hard to believe, and to make the jump.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » September 25, 2010, 8:29 pm

Wayne I think you can learn so much from the girl concerned family ,, as much as you can learn from herself .
I met a lovely girl in the past , thought she was the one ,, but her Mum would have skinned me alive ,, I felt sorry for her and we went our seperate ways .
Later on met my current wife and spent a lot of time getting to know her family , and all I can say is I could not have landed amongst a more loving genuine family ,, never been asked for a bean the 3 years we have been together ( which I must say has suprised me ) yes she is Issan, yes she is via TLL.

wayne747
udonmap.com

Post by wayne747 » September 25, 2010, 11:11 pm

Eastern, thanks
I happy glad to hear of your happiness.
Sometimes I guess it is necessary to take the good (gf) with the not so good (skin alive Mom :badteeth: ).
I am particularly impressed with the gents who admit they got fleeced, and just take it as a life experience and move on, and eventually find the right one. It would be easy just to turn your back on all Thai females.

redgoglac
udonmap.com

Post by redgoglac » September 26, 2010, 6:04 am

I went on Thailovelinks a year ago, not really expecting anything but thinking I may as well give it a go as so many women here in the UK are bit, well lets say, overweight for want of a better word. I am quite a good cook but I am not going to wait hand and food on some pompous, lazy Brit who thinks food only comes already wrapped or waiter-served. Being a single Dad with two young daughters I desperately need someone who liked children. Most females over here that I was in contact with preferred dogs or horses! Their other hobbies, wine and fine dining. My funds precluded most of that anyway even though I own my house - vegetables are getting so expensive I grow my own.
Imagine my utter disbelief at the wonderful reception I received from Thai ladies. On my third day I was contacted by the love of my life and best of all she and my two girls adore each other. And she is so beautiful, kind and family oriented. Her figure... her... ... well I will just say ecstasy and heaven.
Of course, I need funds to fly me and my children between the UK and Thailand and I could see this could have been a problem but we managed fine, just.
And then... (Well years ago because I thought the banks were so crooked I invested my savings into a tiny oil exploration company when their shares were almost peanuts). More disbelief for Auy and me... they hit the motherload, a world class oil find last May and I will never have to work again, and nor will she. We made over two million bahts last week alone by doing nothing but laughing!
It seems love will not let anything get in its way.
She's never asked me for anything so I have given everything I think she needs. Yes, I told her to stop work and enjoy life - if I feel her bank account is getting low I top it up.
She has brought heaven to our lives and she will get that back over and over again. She's brought something else, a lovely innocence that has been lost forever over here.
Next week, because I know Thais have a weakness in this department I am going to tell my fiance to buy herself a gold necklace. Her eyes will twinkle.
What can I say about Thailovelinks. They provided us with the perfect vehicle for meeting. If you are genuine, a genuine lady will step forward.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » September 27, 2010, 11:36 am

Well said redgoglac !!!!! good for you matey ,,,,, and your new lady ,,,,,,,,,, looks like you have found genuine happiness like we have ,,,, dont know if your living together yet , but if and when you do I expect you will draw the same stereotypical comments ( allthough not to your face ) from the blokes in the Uk walking around the shops on a Saturday afternoon with their big old tattoed buckets of wobbly lard hanging on to them demanding the latest stupid mobile phone.
ie . look at him with his gold digging Thai beside him ,,,,,,,,,,,, what they dont realise in our case in real terms in Thailand my missus owns more than I do in the Uk ,,,,,,,,,,, still they can think what they want I have never been so happy since we been together,,,,,,,,,,,,all the best for your future,s

jks

Post by jks » September 27, 2010, 4:17 pm

easterneye wrote:Well said redgoglac !!!!! good for you matey ,,,,, and your new lady ,,,,,,,,,, looks like you have found genuine happiness like we have ,,,, dont know if your living together yet , but if and when you do I expect you will draw the same stereotypical comments ( allthough not to your face ) from the blokes in the Uk walking around the shops on a Saturday afternoon with their big old tattoed buckets of wobbly lard hanging on to them demanding the latest stupid mobile phone.
ie . look at him with his gold digging Thai beside him ,,,,,,,,,,,, what they dont realise in our case in real terms in Thailand my missus owns more than I do in the Uk ,,,,,,,,,,, still they can think what they want I have never been so happy since we been together,,,,,,,,,,,,all the best for your future,s
=D> =D> =D>

BarnicaleBob
udonmap.com

Post by BarnicaleBob » November 2, 2010, 2:14 pm

I joined TLL while living in the States with the intention of retiring and moving to Thailand. I had spent a year in Thailand many years ago while in the Air Force and had some idea of what to expect plus I had joined this forum as well as Thivisa to learn more.
In time I met three ladies, the first two from the Udon area and the last one from Chiang Mai who seemed suitable for me. They were mature (between 40 and 49), attractive, and appeared to be looking for the same thing I was. I began to make plans to move to Udon and start a happy retirement.
In the end I ended up with the third lady who was from a small town just outside of Chiang Mai (Doi Saket) and ended up moving there to be with her. We have been together for a year now and we got married during my fourth month with her. I have never been happier in my life; she takes good care of me in all ways and is always by my side with her wonderful smile.
As it turned out she already owned her own car and a nice three bedroom two bath home with all the western toys (AC, internet, western Kitchen and TVs). She also had her own wholesale gift business and was not in any great need for my money. I have since advised her to sell her business and invest it into a retirement plan for her future when I may not be around so we could be together day and night.
So for me, TLL worked very well and I am so very grateful to have found the love of my life.

Banjo
udonmap.com
Location: Surfing with Eudyptula minor, shooting vermin or philandering in a Soi

Post by Banjo » November 2, 2010, 3:17 pm

BarnicaleBob wrote: So for me, TLL worked very well and I am so very grateful to have found the love of my life.
Tis a veritable love story Barni .... may it long continue ... congratulations and best wishes for the future. =D>

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 2, 2010, 4:55 pm

BarnicaleBob wrote: As it turned out she already owned her own car and a nice three bedroom two bath home with all the western toys (AC, internet, western Kitchen and TVs). She also had her own wholesale gift business and was not in any great need for my money. I have since advised her to sell her business and invest it into a retirement plan for her future when I may not be around so we could be together day and night.
All the best for the future BB, but I must confess (based on the circumstances you have outlined) that I would not have requested my spouse to sell what appears to be a successful business. That to me seems to be the most reliable form of retirement plan. :-k

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 3, 2010, 2:44 am

Ditto that Jack..I am glad for you BB, but never change a winning combination I always say..if your wife was to give up work, she would be under your feet all the time, and vice versa..I want my partner to be to work, so she can have a life outside of the relationship, make new friends, make alittle money herself that she thinks is hers, that sort of thing. Also I like my space and freedom as well. I was never one of these co dependant types, you know the ones that start up line dancing because the misses starts up line dancing, cant go away for a night without having to phone the wifey...whatever BB, but her giving up her job, will change more than just her work situation..maybe she could give up the weekends, or just work half days...glad you found her anyway, and you are happy. thats the main thing

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 3, 2010, 7:14 am

jks wrote:Interesting thread indeed! I have not been on TLL but used Thaikisses.com a few years back. I had never been to Thailand before. In 14 days I had 93 contacts from women aged from 18 - 60. Lots of them came up with quite direct offers: "come on, just be my husband, I do everything for you" etc etc followed by sending erotic pictures so from me: "bye bye" - not my style or idea of relationsship. Others suddenly had problems with pc, washing machine, sick family members aso and asked for money: "bye bye" from me.
BUT:
.... after 7 months with just chatting with a few contacts I received a message (3rd March 2008) from a 37 yrs old Isaan woman with two teenage daughters - picture knocked me out, plain, ordinary, natural looking, had not done anything to style herself to something modellike. Her message was simple and in thlish but honest and told that she liked my profile. No offers made or anything. Few days later together on web cam - was exactly as natural as on pictures, funny pure girl. Didnt care for age and that I'm quite poor. Sure I was afraid of scammers so I for days tried to "trick question" her but never fell into any of my "traps". Yes I was deeply "in love" at first sight on the screen but with all warning signs on. But she slowly put all signs on off in my backhead. She was in no way naive but was just being "herself" all the way. She even asked me to go online in the middle of the night (thai time) when she was sleeping. Woke her up by call on the mobile and was chatting even she was sleepy, she wanted to see me as much as possible. In fact we were online together for about 3-5 hrs every day - whenever possible.
On 2nd May I asked her to marry me by chat, email and sms ;-) (yeah I know I'm crazy - but I knew THIS was the woman I wanted for the rest of my life)! And she said yes everytime! We then agreed on marriage on 8th August 2008 so I arrived (for the first time) in Bangkok on 31st July. When we saw eachother in the airport there was absolutely NO doubt! Took directly to family in Samut Sakhon and had great lunch on me at fancy restaurant, nice. From there directly to the Hotel I had booked in advance and then she took me by surprise and next 3 days was most of the time on the bed, rest was sightseeing around BKK.
The short version of the following is that we got married the trad. thai-buddhist way in her little village in Isaan on 8th August and honeymoon around Phuket, Phi Phi og Koh Lanta.
I NEVER believed that I could be so lucky - have a beautiful wife, married now for more than 2 yrs, she offers me a fantastic life with family, never ask for money for herself, save whats possible for our future and now a bungalow has been built in the village for us - just big enough for us, not possible for family to get idea of moving in with us!
I read all "horror"-stories etc and happy that I have avoided all the "bad" people - can only say that YES it is possible to find true and real love through the internet.
Sorry for a looooooong story, hope you forgive me - I'm just a very happy and lucky farang!
;)
Good for you, nice to hear another great story. I too found a wonderful lady on the internet, tll, 4 years now and it just keeps getting better. Health and Happiness to you and your lady.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » November 3, 2010, 2:49 pm

OT, if he can be bothered, just winds these birds up.
No WFB's.

OT........... \:D/

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » November 4, 2010, 6:54 am

old-timer wrote:OT, if he can be bothered, just winds these birds up.
No WFB's.

I am guessing that WFB means ''stunner'' and from my observations,stunners don't make great wives!The problem is that they are so ''deliciously desirable'',that many have a hard time not trying to ''keep'' them! :roll:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 4, 2010, 2:48 pm

old-timer wrote:OT, if he can be bothered, just winds these birds up.
No WFB's.

TYPICAL.............Just what I would have expected from YOU,Richardhead !!!( You'll notice I wrote ANOTHER sentence without using any profanities )

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » February 3, 2011, 2:50 am

jai yen yen wrote:
jks wrote:Interesting thread indeed! I have not been on TLL but used Thaikisses.com a few years back. I had never been to Thailand before. In 14 days I had 93 contacts from women aged from 18 - 60. Lots of them came up with quite direct offers: "come on, just be my husband, I do everything for you" etc etc followed by sending erotic pictures so from me: "bye bye" - not my style or idea of relationsship. Others suddenly had problems with pc, washing machine, sick family members aso and asked for money: "bye bye" from me.
BUT:
.... after 7 months with just chatting with a few contacts I received a message (3rd March 2008) from a 37 yrs old Isaan woman with two teenage daughters - picture knocked me out, plain, ordinary, natural looking, had not done anything to style herself to something modellike. Her message was simple and in thlish but honest and told that she liked my profile. No offers made or anything. Few days later together on web cam - was exactly as natural as on pictures, funny pure girl. Didnt care for age and that I'm quite poor. Sure I was afraid of scammers so I for days tried to "trick question" her but never fell into any of my "traps". Yes I was deeply "in love" at first sight on the screen but with all warning signs on. But she slowly put all signs on off in my backhead. She was in no way naive but was just being "herself" all the way. She even asked me to go online in the middle of the night (thai time) when she was sleeping. Woke her up by call on the mobile and was chatting even she was sleepy, she wanted to see me as much as possible. In fact we were online together for about 3-5 hrs every day - whenever possible.
On 2nd May I asked her to marry me by chat, email and sms ;-) (yeah I know I'm crazy - but I knew THIS was the woman I wanted for the rest of my life)! And she said yes everytime! We then agreed on marriage on 8th August 2008 so I arrived (for the first time) in Bangkok on 31st July. When we saw eachother in the airport there was absolutely NO doubt! Took directly to family in Samut Sakhon and had great lunch on me at fancy restaurant, nice. From there directly to the Hotel I had booked in advance and then she took me by surprise and next 3 days was most of the time on the bed, rest was sightseeing around BKK.
The short version of the following is that we got married the trad. thai-buddhist way in her little village in Isaan on 8th August and honeymoon around Phuket, Phi Phi og Koh Lanta.
I NEVER believed that I could be so lucky - have a beautiful wife, married now for more than 2 yrs, she offers me a fantastic life with family, never ask for money for herself, save whats possible for our future and now a bungalow has been built in the village for us - just big enough for us, not possible for family to get idea of moving in with us!
I read all "horror"-stories etc and happy that I have avoided all the "bad" people - can only say that YES it is possible to find true and real love through the internet.
Sorry for a looooooong story, hope you forgive me - I'm just a very happy and lucky farang!
;)
Good for you, nice to hear another great story. I too found a wonderful lady on the internet, tll, 4 years now and it just keeps getting better. Health and Happiness to you and your lady.
Well done to you both JKS we are a very similar story so yes it CAN work we to have been married over 2 years but live in the UK for the time being but , coming back to thai soon to retire ,, well me anyway the wifes a lot younger than me all the best,,good ol TLL

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » February 3, 2011, 6:51 am

TLL worked for me,been together 5 years now. Good luck to all who try.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » February 3, 2011, 12:48 pm

you live in the UK Tic Tok or Udon ?

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » February 3, 2011, 1:02 pm

easterneye wrote:you live in the UK Tic Tok or Udon ?
Live in Udon,just go home for 3 weeks every year to see family,get visa etc.

Welshboy
udonmap.com

Post by Welshboy » February 5, 2011, 3:50 pm

Hi JKS.

I have read your post and are happy for you and wish you and your family. All the best.
But i would like to ask you more about this. As falling in love and asking your wife to be. To marry you, over the internt. Seems a strang concept to me. As you have never had any phisical interaction togather.
Maybe i should give it a go ?
Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained.
Colin

Return to “Relationships”