beware of some coffee shops

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
bristol boy

Post by bristol boy » January 3, 2013, 1:30 pm

me and my wife who is from udon moved here to live over 1 year ago we had a new house in the nongbua area but about 6 months ago we started having marital problems and i thought we would not be together much longer neither of us were seeing anyone else at the time things could have been very differant for me if my wife never cared about me and loved me so much even though i never realised it at the time.i started using an internet shop near big c and there was a coffee shop nearby i met a lady who worked there we can call her L for this post and over time we got freindly and the peole that worked there and even the owners husband when i saw him(call him P)said what a good lady she was she said she had no boyfreind and had no men since she was divorced from her 2nd thai husband 5 years ago and did not want another thai man so i was a bit taken a back when she asked me to stay the night with her in her room there i said no as i was still with my wife at the time and i thought this was a one off for her because she liked me(it wasnt this was the norm for her as i found out later) she was 35 and i was in my early 50s so i was flattered when she said she said she loved me and i said i felt the same she only talked about 1 child she had but i later found out she had 2 one by each husband i told her and wrote for her which she said she could translate that i was married but not divorced yet she said she understood and was no problem so we talked about getting somewhere together and give it 2 or 3 months to see how we got on first she wanted me to meet her family and she wanted to show me her house which she kept saying was not good as i was going to leave my wife for her as i believed she was agood lady by all that i had been told (idid not know then that they would all back each other up in theshop in what they said and any money they made they would share)so i took enough money from our joint bank account to satisfy the immigration for my visa then i took her to see her family and so i could meet them she showed me what she said was her house which was less thn half finished i then met her other child but i did not mind as they seamed like good kids

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » January 3, 2013, 10:49 pm

1 word........... paragraphs

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » January 3, 2013, 10:50 pm

plus one more word...punctuation.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 4, 2013, 12:16 am

And ??? what about after you met the kids ????

Photoman
udonmap.com

Post by Photoman » January 4, 2013, 12:50 am

I have to agree with the lack of punctuation , it was / is an interesting read , but what happened next ?

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » January 4, 2013, 5:05 am

what a cliffhanger

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » January 4, 2013, 5:25 am

The comments in reply are even better than the unfolding story......next chapter please.

Handsome Man
udonmap.com

Post by Handsome Man » January 4, 2013, 6:10 am

As a Bristol Boy myself, judging from your post I'd say you are from 'South of the river' - definitely a City fan

sfbandung
udonmap.com

Post by sfbandung » January 4, 2013, 6:27 am

I passed out briefly from asphyxia as I'm used to taking a breath at punctuation marks.

That is one hell of a sentence though. And yes, what happened next?

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » January 4, 2013, 7:32 am

i must agree what i place to leave the story , but also who gives a sh@t what you so called english teachers out there say to people who post some times interesting threads only once because a super clever english jerk says , you missed a full stop or a puntuation mark or wheres the correct paragraphs .
just listen to the effin story cant you ........ please pardon my english and spelling .

sfbandung
udonmap.com

Post by sfbandung » January 4, 2013, 7:45 am

Fair enough Mr Snowman. I suppose it's a bit Cormac McCarthy esque.

Bristol Boy, on with the story lad.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 4, 2013, 10:28 am

bristol boy wrote:me and my wife who is from Udon moved here to live over 1 year ago we had a new house in the nongbua area but about 6 months ago we started having marital problems and i thought we would not be together much longer neither of us were seeing anyone else at the time things could have been very differant for me if my wife never cared about me and loved me so much even though i never realised it at the time.i started using an internet shop near big c and there was a coffee shop nearby i met a lady who worked there we can call her L for this post and over time we got freindly and the peole that worked there and even the owners husband when i saw him(call him P)said what a good lady she was she said she had no boyfreind and had no men since she was divorced from her 2nd thai husband 5 years ago and did not want another thai man so i was a bit taken a back when she asked me to stay the night with her in her room there i said no as i was still with my wife at the time and i thought this was a one off for her because she liked me(it wasnt this was the norm for her as i found out later) she was 35 and i was in my early 50s so i was flattered when she said she said she loved me and i said i felt the same she only talked about 1 child she had but i later found out she had 2 one by each husband i told her and wrote for her which she said she could translate that i was married but not divorced yet she said she understood and was no problem so we talked about getting somewhere together and give it 2 or 3 months to see how we got on first she wanted me to meet her family and she wanted to show me her house which she kept saying was not good as i was going to leave my wife for her as i believed she was agood lady by all that i had been told (idid not know then that they would all back each other up in theshop in what they said and any money they made they would share)so i took enough money from our joint bank account to satisfy the immigration for my visa then i took her to see her family and so i could meet them she showed me what she said was her house which was less thn half finished i then met her other child but i did not mind as they seamed like good kids

I must admit I had to read through this a couple of times before I could follow along, but I don't understand the point of the story. There's got to be a closing paragraph Bristol Boy. For those of you who are having trouble following the story line because of it's lack of proper punctuation, I have attempted to somewhat clean it up here as follows:

Me and my wife, who is from udon, moved here to live over 1 year ago. We had a new house in the Nong Bua area, but about 6 months ago we started having marital problems and I thought we would not be together much longer. Neither of us was seeing anyone else at the time. Things could have been very different for me if my wife had cared about me and loved me very much, even though she did but I never realized it at the time. I started using an internet shop near Big-C and there was a coffee shop nearby. I met a lady who worked there, we can call her L for this post, and over time we got friendly. The people that worked there, and even the owner’s husband when I saw him (call him P), said what a good lady she was. She said she had no boyfriend and had no men since she was divorced from her 2nd Thai husband 5 years ago and did not want another Thai man. So I was a bit taken back when she asked me to stay the night with her in her room there. I said “no” as I was still with my wife at the time and i thought this was a one off for her because she liked me (it wasn’t that this was the norm for her as I found out later). She was 35 and I was in my early 50’s so I was flattered when she said she loved me, and I said I felt the same. She only talked about 1 child she had, but I later found out she had 2, one by each husband. I told her and wrote for her, which she said she could understand when translated, that I was married but not divorced yet. She said she understood and there was no problem, so we talked about getting a place together and giving it 2 or 3 months to see how we got on. First she wanted me to meet her family and she wanted to show me her house, which she kept saying was not good. I was going to leave my wife for her, as I believed she was a good lady by all that I had been told (I did not know then that they would all back each other up in the shop in what they said, and any money that L got off me they would share), so I took enough money from my wife’s and my joint bank account to satisfy the immigration’s requirement for my visa. Then I took L to see her family so I could meet them. She showed me what she said was her house, which was less than half-finished. I then met her other child but I did not mind as they seemed like good kids.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » January 4, 2013, 10:45 am

Take a look here!

Part of the English Grammar For Dummies Cheat Sheet

Can you imagine what a sentence without any punctuation would be like? Without proper punctuation, it would be unreadable. Knowing when and how to use the period, comma, colon, semicolon, and other punctuation marks will make your writing smoother and more understandable.

Endmarks: All sentences need an endmark: a period, question mark, exclamation point, or ellipsis. Never put two endmarks at the end of the same sentence.

Apostrophes: For singular ownership, generally add’s; for plural ownership, generally add s’.

Commas: In direct address, use commas to separate the name from the rest of the sentence. In lists, place commas between items in a list, but not before the first item. Before conjunctions, when combining two complete sentences with a conjunction, place a comma before the conjunction. If you have one subject and two verbs, don’t put a comma before the conjunction.

Hyphens: If two words create a single description, put a hyphen between them if the description comes before the word that it’s describing. Don’t hyphenate two-word descriptions if the first word ends in -ly.

Colon: Use a colon after an independent clause that precedes a list and to separate an explanation, rule, or example from a preceding independent clause.

Semicolon: Use a semicolon to join independent clauses in compound sentences that do not have coordinating conjunctions (and, or, but, nor, for, so, yet) and commas as connectors. Words like however, moreover, thus, and therefore, are often used as connectors in these sentences. You can also use semicolons to separate long or complicated items in a series that already includes commas, and to separate two long or complex independent clauses joined by a coordinating conjunction if confusion would result from using a comma.

Kind regards from maxeboy
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » January 4, 2013, 10:46 am

the original post (and corrected one) looks like one big blob of words, its very hard to read and follow.

paragraphs and proper spacing would make it readable

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » January 4, 2013, 10:57 am

martynsnowman wrote:i must agree what i place to leave the story , but also who gives a sh@t what you so called english teachers out there say to people who post some times interesting threads only once because a super clever english jerk says , you missed a full stop or a puntuation mark or wheres the correct paragraphs .
just listen to the effin story cant you ........ please pardon my english and spelling .
The POINT sir, is that reading and listening to the story should NOT be an exercise in futility, because one cannot discern what the poster is trying to convey. Trying to follow the original post is such an exercise.

When you write, even if spelling and grammar are incorrect, most people can parse it out if you give simple clues (like periods and capitalizing the first word of a sentence), but the original post was not even close. It is much easier to understand and grasp the posters meaning if you are not trying to figure out where one sentence ends and another begins. There is a HUGE difference in missing a full stop (I assume that means a period) or a comma, and writing a run-on sentence that is a full page long with no punctuation or capitalization to give the reader clues.

The level of competency for writing here on UM is all over the board. Most often, one can figure it out. I gave up trying to figure out the original post though. If you read it and understood it on the first read, then good on ya. The 'English teachers' were just trying to tell the OP that it would be easier to understand if he followed the basic rules of written communications, but then some people listened to too much Pink Floyd (we don't need no education) in their youth.

KB

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » January 4, 2013, 12:04 pm

The level of competency for writing here on UM is all over the board
This is true and I have a personal policy regarding a post. If I have to read something more than twice to understand what is written, I simply move on the the next topic/post. If the writer doesn't believe his/her post is worthy of at least enough punctuation and grammar to make it comprehensive then I figure they are really not all that concerned if anyone understands the point(s) they are trying to make.

Leeway can be allowed for spelling. We all make spelling mistakes. Grammar and punctuation need not be perfect, few of us are experts at that. Reading a sentence or paragraph should not be a chore. If confusing, it can lead to misinterpretation/misunderstanding.

I'd estimate that I have no problem reading and understanding 95% of the posts made on UM. The 5% that give me problems are merely ignored and I move on the something else.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » January 4, 2013, 12:59 pm

I now understand why some have griped at my spelling when i post ,,,,,,,so much so i have enrolled on an intensive spelling course at the new My Brain Hurts and my parents dont care language school in the compek ... we did animals today.

Heres sorry here's my homework.

Kat
efalumpt.
Sperm wail

I reckon i did cock on for a beginner .

Back on topic ,,,,,,, BB ,,,, good luck with your current situation i hope things work out for you .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » January 4, 2013, 2:51 pm

pienmash wrote:I now understand why some have griped at my spelling when i post ,,,,,,,so much so i have enrolled on an intensive spelling course at the new My Brain Hurts and my parents dont care language school in the compek ... we did animals today.

Heres sorry here's my homework.

Kat
efalumpt.
Sperm wail

I reckon i did cock on for a beginner .

Back on topic ,,,,,,, BB ,,,, good luck with your current situation i hope things work out for you .
Correction, you should have wrote, I have enrolled in an intensive spelling course, not on an intensive spelling course. :lol:

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » January 4, 2013, 2:57 pm

jai yen yen wrote: Correction, you should have wrote, I have enrolled in an intensive spelling course, not on an intensive spelling course. :lol:
Correction: he should have written, "I have enrolled in an intensive spelling course", not "...on an intensive spelling course". :lol:

Sorry, sorry, sorry...I could not resist. :D

KB

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » January 4, 2013, 3:36 pm

Well after all this nonsense i doubt if we will hear from the OP again, a good way to welcome a new member.

Return to “Relationships”