Chris' Place British Pub Restaurant (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Udon Map
Admin

Chris' Place British Pub Restaurant (Sponsor)

Post by Udon Map » July 26, 2014, 11:17 am

Please join me in welcoming Chris' Place as a sponsor to Udon Map. I'm sure that we'll be hearing from Chris right here shortly!!

croc
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by croc » July 26, 2014, 11:24 am

The Best Hamburgers in town at Chris's Place. So Chris any chance of a Game of Golf over the Next 3 weeks, I believe the Sportsbar is still 1 up after the Draw at the Army Base a few Months ago or have you played another Challenge since then? Looking forward to another game.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 26, 2014, 11:42 am

CHRIS ......... about time too !!!!! welcome to UM .

No conflict of interest as some would like to think cos Chris stocks and is a prolific purveyor of 3DM draft beers just an accurate post on a well run family business who offer something a little bit different IMO .

One of the few places locally that has that real pub feel and gotta agree croc the food at Chris's is superb , Chris his missus n staff work very hard and along with arguably the best chef in Udon Andy ex City Lodge fame makes for a great team ........ to Chris n ALL ...GOOD LUCK with the business and the numerous new ideas and expansion plans been hearing about ...... one of which is/was the brilliant fortnightly Indian Curry buffet evening .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

chris20k
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by chris20k » July 26, 2014, 2:21 pm

Hello.

Well finally got around to joining the cyber world and all that goes with it .

Just a quick introduction from myself Chris , Aom the wife and our top man and well known chef Andy - the Chris's Place team.

A bit of history for any people who have not heard of us - formerly Harrys bar and for a short while under another owner we took over and renamed the venue Chris's in December 2011 and are still here going strong.

We are a traditional style pub restaurant with an extensive menu including all the usual cuisine along with some of Andys specialities , Sunday roasts and various food theme days/evenings,this something i will expand on as the thread progresses.

On the drinks side we stock all the normal Thai products available and recently installed three draft beers and a cider which are proving very popular , as a newbie im hoping DM (Jon) will post the logos and details as im not up to up loading pics and images yet , on tap we have Old Speckled Hen real ale , Magners Cider , Fosters Lager and a rotating monthly guest beer which at the moment is Irish Stout from Magners .

Location - pretty easy really we are located on the West portion of the Udon ring road coming from the airport go straight through the first set of traffic lights which is the Kut Jap intersection and we are 100m on the left after these lights with a large roadside sign and ample safe off road parking , if all else fails call me Chris on 0880146232

I will try to post and keep up to date with all the promotions and new developments as they happen , we are planning a few new ideas for the business, for now a big thanks to all our customers regulars , old and new.

Regards
Chris

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 26, 2014, 5:08 pm

chris20k wrote:Hello.

Well finally got around to joining the cyber world and all that goes with it .

Just a quick introduction from myself Chris , Aom the wife and our top man and well known chef Andy - the Chris's Place team.

A bit of history for any people who have not heard of us - formerly Harrys bar and for a short while under another owner we took over and renamed the venue Chris's in December 2011 and are still here going strong.

We are a traditional style pub restaurant with an extensive menu including all the usual cuisine along with some of Andys specialities , Sunday roasts and various food theme days/evenings,this something i will expand on as the thread progresses.

On the drinks side we stock all the normal Thai products available and recently installed three draft beers and a cider which are proving very popular , as a newbie im hoping DM (Jon) will post the logos and details as im not up to up loading pics and images yet , on tap we have Old Speckled Hen real ale , Magners Cider , Fosters Lager and a rotating monthly guest beer which at the moment is Irish Stout from Magners .

Location - pretty easy really we are located on the West portion of the Udon ring road coming from the airport go straight through the first set of traffic lights which is the Kut Jap intersection and we are 100m on the left after these lights with a large roadside sign and ample safe off road parking , if all else fails call me Chris on 0880146232

I will try to post and keep up to date with all the promotions and new developments as they happen , we are planning a few new ideas for the business, for now a big thanks to all our customers regulars , old and new.

Regards
Chris
No problem Chris ... hope all goes well with your expansion plans . As requested here are the Draught beer logos ... a good mix IMO with something for everyone (who loves real ale , cider or stout )

And heres a pint of the current guest in the house MAGNERS IRISH STOUT ON TAP !!

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pomps
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by pomps » July 27, 2014, 4:20 am

Temptations re the Magners Irish stout on tap,now which goes best with their Sunday roasts :-k

wallabyjack
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by wallabyjack » July 27, 2014, 9:38 am

Welcome to the Forum Chris wish you all the success mate !

Jack

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by Charlieb » July 27, 2014, 9:45 pm

Great Sunday Roast today. I had the lamb. It was delicious. Of course all of Andy's cooking is delicious :D

Svein66
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by Svein66 » July 27, 2014, 10:32 pm

chris20k wrote:Location - pretty easy really we are located on the West portion of the Udon ring road coming from the airport go straight through the first set of traffic lights which is the Kut Jap intersection and we are 100m on the left after these lights with a large roadside sign and ample safe off road parking , if all else fails call me Chris on 0880146232
Kut Jap? Thanon Bunyahan/Phacharuksa intersection, near UDFC Stadium?
http://www.facebook.com/EnglishUDFC/app_156218351098324

If so, it could be a nice place for UDFC-fans to meet up before (and/or after) homegames. ;)

goodison
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by goodison » July 28, 2014, 6:39 am

Welcome to udonMap Chris. I'm sure everything will go hunkey Dorey for you. To all those who remember it as "Harry's Bar" one of Chris' first tasks on taking over was to revamp 'The Loo" by making it useable to anybody over 5' 6" who can now enter without having to don a hard-hat! It was as Harry's Bar that I welcomed in the New Millenium & Chris has continued the tradition of excellent food & excellent beverages. As a team they're a little bit like Little (Andy of Man Utd. fame) and Large (Chris a True gooner) & with Chris' wife acting as Chief Purchasing Officer the team gel nicely esp. if Utd. were to have a good season! Hope to spend many more happy hours (now here's a thought) in there esp. on the O.S.P. OR, AS OUR kIWI PAL LIKES TO CALL IT "MORE LIKE ROOTED ROOSTER" Perhaps that's what he feels like having imbibed. 8) 8)

socksy
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by socksy » July 28, 2014, 9:26 am

Svein66 wrote:
chris20k wrote:Location - pretty easy really we are located on the West portion of the Udon ring road coming from the airport go straight through the first set of traffic lights which is the Kut Jap intersection and we are 100m on the left after these lights with a large roadside sign and ample safe off road parking , if all else fails call me Chris on 0880146232
Kut Jap? Thanon Bunyahan/Phacharuksa intersection, near UDFC Stadium?
http://www.facebook.com/EnglishUDFC/app_156218351098324

If so, it could be a nice place for UDFC-fans to meet up before (and/or after) homegames. ;)
Went there to Chris's prior to the Buriram game cup match last year and the build up to the game was live on telly. Seeing the monsoon at the stadium and the squee gee tables being used on the pitch we gave up on going despite having a ticket. Had a lovely dry location to watch the game although my interior was very sodden come the final whistle. A good place for fan's to meet pre-match and only a short walk away.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by JimboPSM » July 28, 2014, 1:29 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:..... along with arguably the best chef in Udon Andy ex City Lodge fame ....
In my opinion, there is no arguably about it, Andy has been a first class chef for more years than he probably cares to remember.

I was fortunate enough to experience his culinary expertise long before Andy came to Udon having first eaten some of his food some 30 years ago when he was a sproggy chef at (what I and some far more knowledgeable food connoisseurs) considered to be the best restaurant in Manchester at that time :D
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by nmcd1649 » July 28, 2014, 4:24 pm

Chris's Place is in my mind one the best pubs in Udon, a great friendly atmosphere and good banter, spent a good bit of my last trip to Udon in there. Chris and his wife Aom make you really feel at home and there's a real good bunch of regulars there also. Andy makes a mean fish and chips and is a great character, myself and the family had Xmas dinner there last year and a great day was had by all. Looking forward to seeing you all early November when the missus (Pat) and myself are due over for our 4 month break, might just be giving that 'black stuff' (Magners Stout) a try.

All the best Chris and give our best wishes to Aom...

Nor

trubrit
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by trubrit » July 28, 2014, 4:57 pm

Chris. Are you open for lunch at midday?
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

chris20k
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by chris20k » July 28, 2014, 6:12 pm

In reply to your question Trubrit we open at 11 Am and any time after this you can order food !!
Just a note closed on Wensdays day off
Hope to see you soon

Chris

chris20k
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by chris20k » August 2, 2014, 1:05 pm

Hello all.

Just a quick reminder tomorrow being Sunday we have our very popular Sunday roast on the menu .. pork, beef, lamb or chicken served with all the trimmings 180 bt ( Lamb 200 bt ) ..... as ever those wishing to indulge in a pint we have Old Speckled Hen , Magners cider and Fosters Lager on tap , the guest Magners stout was very popular so looking to have that as the guest for later this monthyou , also Murphys Irish stout now available .

I will update about the up n coming Indian curry buffet evening which proved a hit last time ,,, now scheduled for next Saturday the 9th of August .

Thanks to all customers old and new .

Chris and the team.

footymaster
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by footymaster » August 2, 2014, 8:02 pm

Hi Chris,
I love the indian food , will you have garlic nan bread on the menu, and do you have blackcurrant juice to put in the murphys.

Regards The Footymaster :mrgreen:

chris20k
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by chris20k » August 4, 2014, 2:32 pm

Sorry for the delay footymaster
yes their will be nan bread 3 types of curry,samosa,s ,and Bombay potatoes,
help your self buffet.
will try to get you some blackcurrant juice

All the best Chris & the team

chris20k
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by chris20k » August 7, 2014, 6:30 pm

CURRY NIGHT SATURDAY THE 9TH AUGUST
HI all
Just to update you all on the curry night,from 6.30 pm the choice of curry,s will be.
chicken Jalfrezi
chicken Tika masala
chicken Madras
Accompanied by nan bread, Bombay potatoes, pillau rice,rotti, samosa,s and may be onion bhaji,s.if ingreadiants available.

footymaster
udonmap.com

Chris' Place (Sponsor)

Post by footymaster » August 7, 2014, 10:01 pm

owwww looks good menu, i think i will try, i might bring some friends too. :mrgreen:

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”