Live Music Ban

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Live Music Ban

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 25, 2016, 7:17 am

I attended a private function yesterday (Bloody Freezing) and some of the discussion was around a new government initiative related to the ban of live music in Restaurants and the reason for it. Attending the function was a popular local entertainer, Nino, who confirmed he was told by the police Friday Night to pack up - he was basically out of work --- WTF, sounds crazy to me.

Some of the guys said it was a nation wide thing but TW seems to think it is only local???

Anyone heard anything, by doing a search I haven't found any confirmations?

And no, Nino is a caring family man who wouldn't harm a fly. He works at our local radio station as his day time job.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

caducus
udonmap.com

Live Music Ban

Post by caducus » January 25, 2016, 10:43 am

Whether this is a local or national ban, if it is in fact true, it is a bloody disgrace but, nevertheless, the type of thing one might expect from the current administration.

Bandung_Dero, you mention that some of the discussion at the private function was around the reason for this ban. Was this in the form of speculation, or was there any explanation of the 'rationale' behind the 'policy'?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Live Music Ban

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 25, 2016, 11:59 am

All I know is a couple of guys (bugging musicians) were talking about it prior to Nino's arrival and he confirmed the shut down having been told by the police it was an order from higher authority but did not elaborate. Have no idea what it's all about hence the reason for this thread.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

seagulls
udonmap.com

Live Music Ban

Post by seagulls » February 22, 2016, 4:06 pm

This subject has been discussed at length on this Forum last year .Without a Work permit you cannot play Music in
a Club or Restaurant .Whether you recieve any Funds for participating is irrelevent .A lot of us are on a retirement
visa which bans us for do anything construed as Work which is taxable .I just sit in my Garden and wail the Blues
on my Harp with my three Dogs Wailing too LOL

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”