Social Distancing while eating out

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
rct
udonmap.com

Social Distancing while eating out

Post by rct » May 19, 2020, 3:53 pm

Experiences social distancing in Udon's restaurants. Here is one:

Had lunch today at MK Suki in Central. 3 of every 4 seats at each and every table have a big red X saying "Social Distancing". We were advised maximum one person per table. My daughter is over 110 cm tall so had to sit at her own table. There were more staff standing around with face shields, masks and rubber gloves, than there were seats without a red X. And very few customers. Their 3rd day reopening.

Had our family of four gone, we would have been forced to occupy 4 tables.

Good luck with their business model of shared pots of suki.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Social Distancing while eating out

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2020, 4:48 pm

Doesnt sound like much fun ..

I just watched a couple of blogs out of Pattaya and Bkk ref the major malls opening and after going through the QR code or manually logging in ... then having to sign into every shop and or restaurant you go into , both bloggers came to the same opinion .. they wont be going back again until restrictions are eased.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2020, 8:20 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 19, 2020, 4:48 pm
Doesnt sound like much fun ..

I just watched a couple of blogs out of Pattaya and Bkk ref the major malls opening and after going through the QR code or manually logging in ... then having to sign into every shop and or restaurant you go into , both bloggers came to the same opinion .. they wont be going back again until restrictions are eased.

DM
They gotta have the daytime contact tracing to make up for the night time curfew dodgers.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 19, 2020, 8:22 pm

I had to sit about 8' away from the Mrs today in KFC, was nice not to have to eat in the car though.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 19, 2020, 8:25 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:22 pm
I had to sit about 8' away from the Mrs today in KFC, was nice not to have to eat in the car though.
Your doing well Vince, soon she will let you sit next to her again, boy to women carry grudge's lol

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 19, 2020, 8:29 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:25 pm
vincemunday wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:22 pm
Your doing well Vince, soon she will let you sit next to her again, boy to women carry grudge's lol
It'll be nice to get back to some sort of normality Paul, the isolation things is getting on my nerves a bit now albeit necessary at the moment, got this lovely bar at home and can't invite anyone round, hopefully it'll all sort out soon.

By the way Millie is bleeder lololol
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 19, 2020, 8:41 pm

Fully understand it's not easy and it challenges even the closest of relationship's. I hope I will get to see Millie again one day. We have drawn a line under any more pups and cookie and bailey are now Toonies again

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 15, 2020, 7:29 am

also here the Thais have their own way of interpreting rules and changing the original concept and making them their (ridiculous) own, why when you enter a mall ,having signed in and temperature cleared you will have to do the same at every shop inside the mall??, also restaurants ,when a family of 5 (or even more) go out to eat they must sit at separate tables? , do they think at home them they also sit separate with a gap of 1 M in between :lol: , applying rules as they should be isn't their strongest virtue (and not only with covid rules concerned)... ;)

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 15, 2020, 7:50 am

I suppose it reduces the number of people packing into a mall or restaurant. Perhaps that's the objective. Each country seems to be doing things a little differently. The Thais might think parts of say the US or the UK weird in that they're reducing social distancing measures while Covid 19 cases are on the rise or very close to rising.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 15, 2020, 8:25 am

i was talking to family who were in pattaya on the beach where they also kept this social distancing ridicule , meanwhile in the back on the street people were flocked together like ants to receive a free meal ....TIT.. ;)

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 15, 2020, 10:23 am

We out at the weekend, families could sit together so maybe rules changed or relaxed again

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2020, 10:51 am

Just a reminder that restaurants are able to serve alcohol with meals as from today. :drunk:

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 15, 2020, 2:36 pm

kopkei wrote:
June 15, 2020, 7:29 am
also here the Thais have their own way of interpreting rules and changing the original concept and making them their (ridiculous) own, why when you enter a mall ,having signed in and temperature cleared you will have to do the same at every shop inside the mall??, also restaurants ,when a family of 5 (or even more) go out to eat they must sit at separate tables? , do they think at home them they also sit separate with a gap of 1 M in between :lol: , applying rules as they should be isn't their strongest virtue (and not only with covid rules concerned)... ;)
Thais seem to have a habit of making rules that are "one size fits all" because they can't trust lower employees to apply "critical thinking" skills when it comes to enforcing them. Thai employers seem to adopt the policy of "don't think....just do as I say", and they have to set rules that are very simple and easy to understand so employees don't screw them up. You will never get a Thai employee to make exceptions to the rules because they are not capable of thinking too deep and are not allowed to do so. Therefore, the cultural norm of "mai pen rai" gives them the excuse they need for their inability to think for themselves.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 15, 2020, 2:59 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
June 15, 2020, 2:36 pm
kopkei wrote:
June 15, 2020, 7:29 am
Thais seem to have a habit of making rules that are "one size fits all" because they can't trust lower employees to apply "critical thinking" skills when it comes to enforcing them. Thai employers seem to adopt the policy of "don't think....just do as I say", and they have to set rules that are very simple and easy to understand so employees don't screw them up. You will never get a Thai employee to make exceptions to the rules because they are not capable of thinking too deep and are not allowed to do so. Therefore, the cultural norm of "mai pen rai" gives them the excuse they need for their inability to think for themselves.
Not sure why they bother with any schooling at all. I guess a chance to dress up in a uniform.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 16, 2020, 5:25 am

social distancing seems to be almost non-existent
for " thais on the lash" but at 7-11 still getting temp checked and wash up with alcohol fluid

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2020, 9:01 am

My observations over the past few days is a general disregard by the staff of some businesses. Empty sanitizer bottles, no check in sheets at the entrance for those without a phone, the temperature checking employee somehow indisposed.

The larger stores have streamlined their entry and exit management by simply opening more doors.

We had a family outing for dinner last night, our first since some time last year. Group of four easily ensconced at the one large table. Nice.

PS: Sorry if our youngest was a bit loud.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”