Great Breakfast

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by tamada » October 10, 2020, 8:59 am

If they schedule the body fluid and other internal sampling right, you should be able to have coffee and a croissant fairly early on in the procedure.

Otherwise starve you fat bastard.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 10, 2020, 9:44 am

On the odd occasions I had to undergo Nil by Mouth for a period before testing, the two hours before that period starts, you have a full meal, Main course and sweet or if you like a starter as well, then in the morning a glass of water will suffice to keep you from deaths door , that advice was from my medical family who do actually know the score.

Not only that, you will be able to collect the required specimens at home, prior to your attendance as they like the urine sample and first morning solid sample from the first visit to the toilet. Enables accurate testing of your internal bodily functions .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 10, 2020, 10:25 am

Spicy start to the day, there is a fried egg involved to make it breakfast

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 10, 2020, 10:27 am

Stantheman wrote:
October 10, 2020, 3:46 am
Whistler wrote:
October 9, 2020, 4:17 pm
Stantheman wrote:
September 13, 2020, 3:37 am
Just an FYI, they may call it an American Breakfast but it's not. We don't do little sausages like those and definitely not tomato with lettuce. Looks more like the breakfast I had when vacationing in Ireland last fall.
In Texas they refer to these as link sausages, the ones at Aoy's in Kut Chap seem similar to what I was used to in Texas as opposed to 'sausage' which was a flat meat pattie
Sorry Whistler, what is pictured aren't amercan style link sausages, more like mini hot dogs.
87_352_large.jpg
These are breakfast link sausages
The ones I used to get at Lucy's in South Austin were much smaller, same at Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, both were similar to the ones at Aoy's
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 3:24 pm

tamada wrote:
October 10, 2020, 8:59 am
If they schedule the body fluid and other internal sampling right, you should be able to have coffee and a croissant fairly early on in the procedure.

Otherwise starve you fat bastard.
Thanks as ever for your unwavering support Tam .. DM had enough fat reserves to get thru the fasting prior to the procedures which i have offered info on below ..

KP .. good tip about collecting samples at home alas too late as i left it until at the venue ..the water sample was easy peasy but the turd not so as the jar was quite small and i missed first time round.. it always makes me smile when they ask for a stool sample.

Niggly ..fried heggs are for lardy Northern twats , DM shall not be included in that criteria as im an health freak now.

Just back from the health check up .. rather pleasant few hours of pampering prodding poking and penetrations by some dam tasty nurses both male and female , the scores are in and i can confirm DM is MORE OR LESS an excellent humane specimen , all my internal bits n bobs and dangly things are fully functioning , samples came back and Doc reckons apart from 2 issues i am in his words of atheltic condition.

However the main reason i booked the health program was to confirm what i was suspecting

1. i am an over weight fat fooker and need to loose 20 kgs and a comprehensive change of diet is now in place and as commented by Alfie 6 days of strict dieting and healthy living allowing me ONE day per week to eat drink n be merry ..thats fine by me n will save me a few quid as well..

2. The ultra sound tests also confirmed the main reason of my sudden health conscious state of mind that being i have Gallstones .. so a recco of medicines followed by surgery if no change.

All in all an experience to enjoy rather than be wary of , lovely young lady on reception perfect English and even a Kateoy thrown in at the end to make it a full gender show ..

BTW .. 1 WEIGHED .. 116 KGS .. should be around 90 kgs so some serious kgs to loose and ive set 4 to 6 months to do it starting off with Patricks (SFG) 5pm oats idea.

DM ... soon to beanpoleesk
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 3:30 pm

maybe a thread header HEALTH CHECK UP EXPERIENCES could be started ..

DM

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 10, 2020, 5:39 pm

DM what is your BMI?

Plenty of BMI calculators online.
Input height and weight to calculate.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 5:52 pm

rct wrote:
October 10, 2020, 5:39 pm
DM what is your BMI?

Plenty of BMI calculators online.
Input height and weight to calculate.
180 cm
116 kgs

bmi 35.8

Officially obese :shock:

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 6:04 pm

Body Mass Index says heavy bones or not ..i should weigh 80 to 85 kgs at 180 cm tall ..

OMB 30 kgs to shed

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 10, 2020, 6:55 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 10, 2020, 6:04 pm
Body Mass Index says heavy bones or not ..i should weigh 80 to 85 kgs at 180 cm tall ..

OMB 30 kgs to shed

DM
Trust me DM you will shed that weight by just lowering Carbs and BEER alone,carbs bind water so if you go low carb foods and skip the beers you will lose 10 kilo easy..Most of all have a PLAN och stick with it,after a couple of weeks you will fell lighter and more at ease with yourself..Get support ASAP from somebody you trust,brisk doggiewalks helps alot too...and drink alot of water..water acually helps get rid/burn fat..and it keeps you feeling full..Goodluck DM.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 7:25 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 10, 2020, 6:55 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 10, 2020, 6:04 pm

OMB 30 kgs to shed

DM
Trust me DM you will shed that weight by just lowering Carbs and BEER alone,carbs bind water so if you go low carb foods and skip the beers you will lose 10 kilo easy..Most of all have a PLAN och stick with it,after a couple of weeks you will fell lighter and more at ease with yourself..Get support ASAP from somebody you trust,brisk doggiewalks helps alot too...and drink alot of water..water acually helps get rid/burn fat..and it keeps you feeling full..Goodluck DM.
Thanks Alfie..

im serious about all this , and as long i get one day per week for a proper feed n a few changs i can do it.

I like water , just as well... and Dao is here to help it was her who pushed me to go to the hospital and get the check up

DM

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 10, 2020, 7:34 pm

DM

You are welcome to borrow my 2 rottweilers for a brisk dog walk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 7:57 pm

dunroaming wrote:
October 10, 2020, 7:34 pm
DM

I got Jack n Jill .. that el do for me , but thanks anyway...

I used to do alot of walking but ended up walking to pubs n getting bladdered which defeated the object of walking in the first place , and i fell over a few times as well.. ON THE WAY HOME

DM

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » October 10, 2020, 8:17 pm

Don,t worry too much about BMI,give this a read https://healthland.time.com/2013/08/26/ ... y%20weight.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 10, 2020, 10:06 pm

Thanks Taxi .. im feeling much better after reading that ... im not an obese fat twot after all but still gonna get the kgs off asap.

btw .. Tarmac"s Rake .. classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DM

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » October 10, 2020, 10:29 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 10, 2020, 10:06 pm
Thanks Taxi .. im feeling much better after reading that ... im not an obese fat twot after all but still gonna get the kgs off asap.

DM
john your either big boned for your frame or you should be 7 foot 6,same same me ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2020, 7:28 am

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
October 10, 2020, 10:29 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
john your either big boned for your frame or you should be 7 foot 6,same same me ;)
Absolutely correct the Stats used to determine BMI or anything else are assuming we are all the same size in Bone structure . I am Big Boned and had difficulty when younger to find trousers that went over my thighs ( if you remember 55 years ago trousers were thinner) . Big bones are advantageous but for the man about town being smart and wanting to be attractive to the other sex, being big boned has its disadvantages.
I was 79.5 kilos at 18 fighting fit in the Army, no fat, so 52 years later being only 107 kilos , is Obese on the charts, BMI high ( not sure what ) but I know I will never get down to the 85 kilo they say I should be .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2020, 7:51 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Now read this. Overweight is overweight, fat is fat, obese is obese, etc., etc..

https://shine365.marshfieldclinic.org/b ... verweight/

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 11, 2020, 8:43 am

True story. An obese wife asked her husband "Am I fat?"

His reply: "Look in the mirror."

BMI is a good guideline. The online calculator I use puts DM in "Class II Obesity". Big boned or not, getting to a healthier range - even into the simply overweight category - is something to act upon. As for me I am embarrassed at the beach as my middle is far too big. i have about 8 kgs to lose to be in healthy BMI zone.

https://www.calculator.net/bmi-calculat ... &x=66&y=17

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 11, 2020, 9:11 am

dunroaming wrote:
October 10, 2020, 7:34 pm
DM

Morning !

..guess you to lazy to do a proper doggiewalk yourself ;-)*sarcasm*...Just done mine 06.30 in this awsome weather...Have a great day..///Alfie...

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”