Retirement

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
stevecg
udonmap.com

Retirement

Post by stevecg » December 11, 2020, 2:41 pm

After 21years of serving Expats and their families, tourists and Thai nationals, in Steves bar, Horseshoe bar, Steves Udon, Irish Clock, Malis kitchen, Up to U bar and Papa’s bar, we (Steve and Mali) currently of the Tbar have decided to call it a day and retire from the restaurant business.
In those 21 years we have met a lot of people and have made a lot of friends, we must thank everybody who have supported us throughout the years, without everybody who has supported us we wouldn’t have been nowhere as successful as we have. Thanks to everybody.
The Tbar lives on, Stephan a Swiss national and Noi (Stephans wife) both speak English and will be taking over the Tbar as from the 1st January 2021. The couple are well known in the community and are a very pleasant and approachable team. Mali and I hope they will get the support from the Udon Expats and their families that we have had in the past. The menu and everything else will stay the same.
To say goodbye and thankyou from us (Steve and Mali) and to say hello to Stephan and Noi there will be a party with a free buffet on Friday 15th January 2021 starting at 18:00. Everybody welcome.
Thanks to all
Steve and Mali

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Retirement

Post by noosard » December 11, 2020, 2:43 pm

Thanks Steve for having spent your time serving us farangs with great meals
Wish and family all the best

stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » December 11, 2020, 2:47 pm

From Stephan and Noi
Dear Friends of the TBar,

First and foremost, we would like to thank Steve and Mali for considering us as worthy successors on what they build up successfully for so many years. We’re looking forward with awe and hope to be able to fill the big shoes Steve and Mali leave back for us. For their well deserved retirement, we wish both a pleasant and healthy time, in which they can realize all of their dreams.

Noi, Stephan and the whole team are looking forward to welcome you as our guests starting January in the TBar. It’s with great pleasure to know, that the current team is continuing to work with us, complimented by additional team members, who will help to expand our services to you over time.

As Steve mentioned in his message, we might not be new for many of you as we have been operating the Ambience Restaurant (further down the road from TBar) from 2010 to 2013, and run the Ambience Guesthouse on the same road since 2016, where we have been able to host many guests over the past 10 years.

It's our intention to keep the TBar as you like it today, with some extensions on which we will inform on social medias after some time.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 11, 2020, 2:51 pm

Congratulations Steve! Certainly hope that you and Mali enjoy your much deserved break from the action. Some of our most enjoyable meals have been at your establishments and we sure hope that Stephan and Noi maintain the high standards that you have set. Looking forward to visiting again soon and well into the future. All the best to you and Mali as you turn the page and move in to your new chapter.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2020, 3:14 pm

Great news Steve , i hope you n Mali enjoy many years of happy retirement .. expect to hear of more bent golf clubs and cries of FOUR left ... im sure all will miss you , non more so then the staff at Makro in fact i see their share value just took a dive on the news you wont be in there everyday form January onwards.

Congratulations and best wishes to the new Stephen and Noi .. the Tbar has been an excellent spot for many years good to hear it will remain open and carry on much the same .. why mend it if its not broken as my old granny used to say.

Chok dee to all involved.

DM
Jon n Dao
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 11, 2020, 3:30 pm

Thank you Steve and Mali. Best wishes in your retirement.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 11, 2020, 5:39 pm

Have nice peaceful stress free Retirement Steve.
You've done the long term stay here, as me.
Well done! Your a survivor!

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » December 11, 2020, 7:12 pm

Wishing you both the very best in your retirement Steve & Mali, two of the nicest people I have had the privilege to meet since coming to Udon.
We will certainly be in before you go.
All the very best to you both.
Peter & Suchanya
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 11, 2020, 11:36 pm

Steve and Mali

Good you have decided to take it easy, enjoy your retirement and I expect we will meet again. Have known you guys many years and the place won't be the same without you but best of luck to the new owners. I am still in Kazakhstan so even if plans fall into place expect it will be 16 or 17th before I get home so have a great send off party and catch up again. You might not know me by dunroaming but we have certainly been friends for years, Mali remember I loved the new tables and we talked about where you bought them 😁 if that fails as we get older the fishing park in nongsamrong will jog your

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 12, 2020, 1:56 pm

Take care Steve and enjoy yourself

I enjoyed the T Bar food and hospitality, from Mali and yourself immensely, during my short visits over the past years, and regret not being able to catch up with you for the past 9 months. The choice of Stephan and Noi is a very good one and I am sure they will continue on, with tradition of the T bar. =D> =D>

Hopefully, I will see you around the place(Udon) sometime next year

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » December 20, 2020, 11:49 am

It goes without saying that you and Mali have been the mainstay of the hospitality business in Udon over the last few decades. Pai and I wish you all the very best for your future. You both certainly deserve a well earned rest and hope that our paths cross on many more occasions. My family in UK also send their best regards, they just advise you to refrain from organizing any Grand National sweepstakes in the future! (We'll keep that between us!)

stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » January 5, 2021, 8:38 pm

Dear All, based on the current COVID outbreak and development in Thailand, we decided to postpone the "Welcome and Good-Bye" Party, which was planned to happen on January 15th to a later date. This is to protect our customers and team members from unwanted infections. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your support and understanding. Please let us know anytime if you need more information.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”