ACS Wardens, Udon...FYI US Citizens

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
DaveUdon
udonmap.com

Post by DaveUdon » August 30, 2012, 2:39 am

bumper wrote:The hardest part is getting a doctors report that complies Social Security requirements. If someone knows a Doctor or hospital in Bangkok that has expeience with that. It may help others in the future if you can share it.
Mission Hospital in Bkk is the hospital where the SSAD exam was done successfully.
Rgds

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 30, 2012, 8:51 am

Out standing that would save years.

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » November 8, 2012, 2:36 pm

I'm a volunteer U.S. Embassy warden in Udon Thani since Sept. this year. It's a program that seems to be expanding as more U.S. expats re-locate. There are seven of us in the area now and the names are only as confidential as each one wants his to be. I've left my name & contact details with the Thai Major who heads up the tourist police office here as well as the E.R. room admittance offices at three local hospitals. We're here to try to help any U.S. citizen in need but might not know who to call. I also have a pretty good supply of forms I can scan or send out as a pdf file (income verification, marriage/divorce, SS. change of address, passport renewal, ) and contact phone #s for U.S. citizens abroad services. This forum is another very good way to get the word out. Feel free to pm.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 8, 2012, 8:22 pm

Since your a warden, would you please advice the Embassy about Diptheria.

I contacted them when this first came up, they didn't have a clue. They should be sending warnings about this. I'm on their mail list haven't seen anything. This is a very serious illness, that can be avoided with proper notification and action. I wonder if they ever put out a travel warning?

With the vigor the Tails are applying to this, this has to be serious.

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » November 9, 2012, 6:56 am

Right, thank you Bumper. Diphtheria has been in the Thai news for a couple weeks now. Anyone with kids in school should have received the notice that they and their kids should get their TD or DTaP vaccination at no cost- available at schools or any government clinic. Also TD booster shots (needed every ten years) are available at the government clinics, also no cost. Anyone without school age kids might have missed this notice. I will send the ACS a suggestion today that they get the word out to all on their mailing list

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 9, 2012, 7:26 am

Thanks

Return to “Notice Board”