Night Market Get Together

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
valentine

Night Market Get Together

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 12:48 pm

Okay whose hijacked the meeting forum?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 23, 2006, 12:59 pm

I decided to remove it due to lack of interest.

valentine

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 1:17 pm

lee wrote:I decided to remove it due to lack of interest.
Would that be lack of interest in the forum or the meetings?
The last forum meeting which took place firstly in the night market and subsequently moved on to Climax was very well attended. Everybody there had a damn good laugh with lots of food and beers being consumed all at bargain prices. For the younger members though I should warn that at one stage I totalled the age of the male forum members present and it was almost 500 years. :lol: :lol:

john2005
udonmap.com

Post by john2005 » October 23, 2006, 1:30 pm

500 years
That's you and Stan covered,what about the others. :lol: Joke. :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 23, 2006, 1:49 pm

valentine wrote:Would that be lack of interest in the forum or the meetings?
There were only a few posts on the forum meeting thread. Stan suggested meeting at Dieters, which unfortuately nobody turned up to. I decided to archive the old thread as it was serving no purpose.

valentine

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 2:01 pm

Not wishing to labour the point Lee., but the meeting only takes place once a month so most postings will be confined to the week before and a few days after the date. I thought you allocated a subject heading to this to avoid repeated postings all over the place.It is still a viable and interesting get together of forum members and it would be a pity if it faltered due to lack of communication between us.Maybe the answer would be a fixed starting point, I suggest the very popular night market, on the first Saturday in the month, then the individuals could decide amongst them selves if they want to move on after.This could then be posted as a sticky for new members to see and wouldn't need a seperate forum, or indeed prior discussion where to go.
Just an idea. :wink:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 23, 2006, 2:14 pm

Maybe if we get a little of feedback via this thread then I would be more than happy to resurrect the old one, or we could just start up a new thread.

The old thread was getting a bit long anyway so maybe it's a better idea to start a new thread for each monthly meeting.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 23, 2006, 2:19 pm

:lol: We all met up at the night market and we were having a goodtime,all of sudden Deiter showed up at the market,didn't seem it was necessary to move to Deiters at that point.There were postings about going to the night market first!So if someone showed up at Deiters and nobody was there,they could have checked the night market.Personally,I like the night market meet the best anyway! :wink:

valentine

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 2:36 pm

lee wrote:Maybe if we get a little of feedback via this thread then I would be more than happy to resurrect the old one, or we could just start up a new thread.
Can we consider it done, here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 23, 2006, 3:11 pm

Ok no probs. Tell you what, I'll move it to the general topics forum.

valentine

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 3:29 pm

Thank you Lee. It would have been a shame now that we've got such a good group of guys attending to have lost it. I'm not in the chair but it looks like its the first Saturday in the month at the Night Market, Eye candy corner, near the big screen, roundabout 7.00 pm onwards. then. That makes the next on Sat 4th November. All are welcome its a good laugh, even Stan has been known to smile :lol: :lol:

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » October 23, 2006, 5:51 pm

I've oftened wondered about a couple of things.
1. Why was Saturday night picked? The busiest night of the week. The few times I've attended most of the attendees were retired, so any night could do. The younger members who attend, who may still be working, they probably could party until 1 or 2 in the morning and still manage to rally for an 8am wake up (or at least I could when I was at that age).
2. Why the beginning of the month? When all the Thai's have just got paid and the money is burning a hole in their pockets.

valentine

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 6:03 pm

Well Marc in truth only Paul can answer this, he started it nearly 3 years ago and I suppose its now become a tradition. For myself I like Saturdays because can watch premier league football on the big screen. The kids don't have to get up for school next day, and frankly I enjoy the atmosphere of a crowded Saturday night.As for the first weekend, its not only Thais that get a cheque at the beginning of the month :lol: :lol: Hope to sdee you there :D

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » October 23, 2006, 6:36 pm

The meeting dates and times were discussed at great length on this forum before majority decision settled on the first Saturday of the month.
Why Saturday ? well as you quite rightly pointed out, most (but not all) members are retired so it doesn't really matter - however, some including myself still have to work and meeting on a Saturday gives us the Sunday to recover and another factor was people who have to take kids to school the next morning. Anyway - most people like to go out and party on the weekends anyway so it was settled on Saturdays.
Also we had to choose which Saturday to hold it on and again majority decision decided on the first Saturday in the month - except where this was inconvenient to some members - especially those visiting Udon from abroad - where democracy entails and we all decide to move the date.
It was originally suggested that we have 2 meetings a month - the 1st and 3rd Saturdays, however it transcribed that this would not be well attended and the idea was dropped.

I realise that due to my absence the organisation of the meetings has been a rather random affair and not very well organised - however I hope to be back in Udon soon and will try to get things back on track as they were before where dates are published and the venue is decided by popular vote/suggestion - well in advance.
The next meeting is indeed on the 4th November and it only needs a venue to be suggested - unless, as mentioned here - people would prefer to meet up at the night market first and get 'tanked up' on cheap beer before moving on. It might still be a good idea to have a moving on venue in mind so people can decide beforehand if they are going to go out and party or just stay getting quietly paraletic at the night market?

So a venue for Saturday 4th ??
And does everyone agree to commence at the night market first ?

Paul

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » October 23, 2006, 7:57 pm

I think the night market is an excellent place to start. By the way Lee, the last meeting was posted by Val, BKK, and LA, especially about me not talking to strangers again. (Sorry Paul you been away too long, so I can't talk to you any more STRANGER!!!!) Another venue can be discussed as to where to venure from the night market, as it seems to be a more central location and the beer is CHEAP!!!!!. (looking up at the thumb, crap) The thread had been slacking off a bit, but when the time came, there was someone starting to get the thread moving, somewhat, but getting it moving. There have been a couple of places closing Tiffany's and possibly Days Nice (they haven't been open the last couple of days) but at the same time, new places have opened. Scorpion is one of them and the Rong Beer Udon (near the Nong Prajak Park on the newly built road) I'm sure the members and non-members of Udonmap.com can come up with a venue for the 4th of November meeting.

By the way Paul, you are missed here, not by me :^o , but by the rest of the members. hehehehehhe

Pop's :pirate:

valentine

Post by valentine » October 23, 2006, 8:03 pm

That second one is a bit near home for you Pops. If you go off to "Lock up" we'll expect you back. :lol: :lol:

Why don't you give the poor girl a decent drink? :lol: Image

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 23, 2006, 9:11 pm

so far, sounds like we should make the monthly start up venue for meeting at night market, 1st saturday. officially 8-8:30, although some will arrive earlier depending on appetite. also good for out of towners, as central and easy to remember if the same all the time. date flexible when necessary, but the 1st saturday works for us lacking all the brain cells we started with, getting fewer by the month. also comfortable for those, like myself and val, who detest enclosed smoking areas. no peer pressure to consume alcohol with such variety available, as if at our ages we give 2 sh#ts what people think. egos intact. football, eye candy, inexpensive, can't see the negatives. the thumb feels comfortable letting him out there, well, for a while :lol:

easy enough to find me, stan or val, as our pics are on here somewhere. those second or third venues as mentioned can be decided before or after, since most other type venues don't get started until later anyway.

paul, hmmm..............oh yea, i remember him now. :lol:

Sugarfree
udonmap.com

Post by Sugarfree » October 24, 2006, 1:08 am

I will be coming to Udon Thani on the 15th of November. This Forum meeting is said to be at the "Night Market". Where is that? I guess one will be held then on Saturday the 2nd of December according to tradition?

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » October 24, 2006, 1:57 am

valentine wrote:That second one is a bit near home for you Pops. If you go off to "Lock up" we'll expect you back. :lol: :lol:

Why don't you give the poor girl a decent drink? :lol: Image
Val,,thats a bottle of gin :lol:

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » October 24, 2006, 2:02 am

Looks like Cliff has his fingers in his ears...

"Na na nana na I can't hear you" :lol:

Return to “Notice Board”