Gas Station Rip Off Udon Thani

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » May 8, 2013, 6:40 pm

Beware of the 7/11 gas Station on the left side of the ring road before Tesco Heading North. Twice I gased up my Truck there and the first time I said the gas bill was high as I know my Truck my mileage and usage.

This time I got out of my Truck quickly to look at the reading. I was filling up with disel and they direct me to the center island. I watched the boy take the hose out and trigger the reset to pump the gas. Only one problem when it reset it set to 300 baht not zero. Before he started to pump I directed him to the reading he sang out to the man in the booth and he reset it to zero. He then knew he had been caught and i said to him you steal from me once but not twice.

Figure how many people they are doing this to at 300 baht a time.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » May 8, 2013, 8:03 pm

Peter USNR wrote:Beware of the 7/11 gas Station on the left side of the ring road before Tesco Heading North. Twice I gased up my Truck there and the first time I said the gas bill was high as I know my Truck my mileage and usage.

This time I got out of my Truck quickly to look at the reading. I was filling up with disel and they direct me to the center island. I watched the boy take the hose out and trigger the reset to pump the gas. Only one problem when it reset it set to 300 baht not zero. Before he started to pump I directed him to the reading he sang out to the man in the booth and he reset it to zero. He then knew he had been caught and i said to him you steal from me once but not twice.

Figure how many people they are doing this to at 300 baht a time.
Thanks for that heads up! I never stop there for gas, but I SURELY WON'T now. Appreciate the info. =D>

I'm assuming this is the Tesco near the Nong Khai highway on the north side of the rind road?

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » May 9, 2013, 4:56 am

Yes correct the big Tesco hading north to Nong Khai. It is a PTT Gas Station

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 9, 2013, 7:23 am

I always bother to get out of the car, only then telling the staff how much petrol I want and watching the resetting of the pump carefully. Loads of tales about these ripoffs and the mind boggles over how much money can be made from unaware customers.

Mudshark
udonmap.com

Post by Mudshark » May 9, 2013, 8:40 am

My wife just mentioned to me her father (Thai) was ripped off at this particular station (PTT with a 7/11 on the north side of the ring road between the old Tesco and the lights at Nong Samrong Road.

In the case of my wife's dad, he ordered 500 baht and they pumped 300. Only caught them when he unexpectedly got out of the truck to look because the time to pump the fuel seemed to fast. Pump jockey apologized, sorry my mistake etc. However, given what was mentioned about not zeroing the pumps at this station, it's probably more than a coincidence.

However, they appear to not differentiate between Falangs and Thai's with the refueling tricks! An equal opportunity trickster! :confused:

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » June 4, 2013, 12:26 pm

Two weeks ago I went to that gasstation to fill up the tank. After a short while we smelled petrol and decided to look.

The guy was standing next to the pump while the petrol was overflowing out of the tank onto the ground. He appologised, but already more than 5 liter had been wasted.

I think that gasstation has some issues with their personnel.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 4, 2013, 5:43 pm

I have given up asking for them (PTT in question)to just fill my pickup truck to the full amount as that zero adjustment to the pump may not be done.Instead I only go when my fuel tank is about half full and ask for 1000 bahts then they always set the computer to pump the said amount,no starting at 200.
Must admit their didgital readout is very poor in showing on the pump,the newer PTT on the ringroad from Big C just before the first set of lights heading Nong Khai way, has much brighter readings and of course can quickly see if they are being crooks or not 8)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » June 4, 2013, 6:18 pm

I think I've gotten nicked with the no reset scam at least once.. Now when I ask for a fillup it is with me standing next to the pump to make sure it is reset properly.
Dave

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » August 18, 2013, 12:55 pm

I got nicked at this same PTT station across from Tesco... and I was on my m/c!! I pulled in directly behind another m/c and when he was finished I walked up, opened the tank and said, "tem" while directing with my hands to fill it up. He reached for the nozzle put it in the tank, started to fill it and then stopped. Put the nozzle back and took out the 95 octane nozzle and began filling. I 'assumed' the 91 octane was empty so didn't say anything. When he finished I paid and pushed the bike out of the way for the next bike while I waited for my change. The next bike came and a different service guy took the 91 octane pump and started filling. As the guy came back with my change I complained, "why did you use 95 octane??" His response, "you learn speak Thai." Needless to say, I will NEVER return to that particular station for fuel again. :evil:
Stay atop the grass

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 18, 2013, 7:30 pm

Guess they might not bother with small cars. But thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Notice Board”