(Animal) Cruelty at Its Worst

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 20, 2013, 3:54 pm

Some Frogs/Toads in Asia are poisonous. If they are then the poison is secreted through the skin.
It could well be that was the reason for the removal of the skin.
Small creatures for eating here are often sold alive as, traditionally, there was not a readily available method of stopping dead flesh swiftly decaying.

People often have a perfectly valid reason for doing something that is not readily obvious to a visitor..

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » August 20, 2013, 5:40 pm

WhoUrDaddy wrote:Concerned about killing something before you eat it…………….please, become a vegan. Oh that’s right, veggie don’t scream when cut down or pulled out by their roots in the prime of their life…………….or maybe you just can’t hear them, same with fish.
I hate it when the brussel sprouts scream - thats why i dont eat them

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 20, 2013, 9:06 pm

ronan01 wrote:
WhoUrDaddy wrote:Concerned about killing something before you eat it…………….please, become a vegan. Oh that’s right, veggie don’t scream when cut down or pulled out by their roots in the prime of their life…………….or maybe you just can’t hear them, same with fish.

Especially when you grow your own and you know them personally. Heart wrenching :(

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » August 21, 2013, 6:17 am

Barney wrote:
ronan01 wrote:

Especially when you grow your own and you know them personally. Heart wrenching :(
"I sing to the tree's, thats why the put me away" (Spike Milligan I think?)

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » August 21, 2013, 11:10 am

A Bucket for your dog. The first time my wife and I saw this truck come thru our village making an announcement " a bucket for your dog". We wondered what is going on. Then we saw a man dragging a dog by a rope that was tied around its neck toward the truck. He slipped the rope off of the dogs neck as he picked the dog up and stuffed it thru a one-way door in the back of the truck. The truck all ready had about ten dogs in the back. Seeing what they were doing and the back of the truck stuffed with dogs gave us the creeps.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » August 21, 2013, 11:31 am

Excellent service, long may it continue, too many wild soi dogs in this country.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2013, 9:17 pm

I'm not a big fan of the bucket-4-dog trucks.....but from what I've seen, the villagers tend to pawn off the worst of the worst. Strays that are chasing motorcycles, killing prized chickens, etc. I'm sure there are some beloved pets included in the bunch....but if it weren't for the bucket trucks, there'd be far too many dogs roaming freely.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » August 23, 2013, 12:18 am

Just a reminder for the Look-How-Cruel-They-Are brigade:

Do you remember how many animals were slaughtered during the outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in the UK alone in 2001? Over 10 million sheep and cattle were slaughtered!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Unite ... h_outbreak)

These animals were not killed off because they were all infected. Hell, no! It was just for pragmatical (=economic) reasons: monitoring them and treating them individually would cost too much. So millions of perfectly healthy animals were slaughtered.

Can you create a mental picture of 10 million+ cattle?
I’ll help you: if you’d line them up in indian file, the queue would breach the distance between Bangkok and New York and back!

Different countries, different perspectives.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 23, 2013, 9:22 am

Asiaphile wrote:Just a reminder for the Look-How-Cruel-They-Are brigade:

Do you remember how many animals were slaughtered during the outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in the UK alone in 2001? Over 10 million sheep and cattle were slaughtered!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Unite ... h_outbreak)

These animals were not killed off because they were all infected. Hell, no! It was just for pragmatical (=economic) reasons: monitoring them and treating them individually would cost too much. So millions of perfectly healthy animals were slaughtered.

Can you create a mental picture of 10 million+ cattle?
I’ll help you: if you’d line them up in indian file, the queue would breach the distance between Bangkok and New York and back!

Different countries, different perspectives.
I don't know the number, but I'd guess many millions of chickens and other fowl were killed during the SARS/Bird Flu outbreak several years ago. Google 'bird flu photos'

Return to “Notice Board”