The UdonMap Forumites Monthly Meeting by Paul888

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
admin
Admin

The UdonMap Forumites Monthly Meeting by Paul888

Post by admin » July 5, 2005, 10:19 am

Link to 'The UdonMap Forumites Monthly Meeting' by Paul888 2005

Link expired

Regards,

Admin

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 6, 2005, 10:54 pm

To bring the Udonmap Forumites Monthly meeting to 'The Other Side' :

Next gathering is this Saturday (9th July) starting out at the Horseshoe Bar around 8pm or 8.30 (ish) Probrably (Maybe) move on later in the evening - see how it goes.

All welcome - of course.

If in doubt look for a Barry Gibb Look-a-like and a drunken guy next to him with the now customary black cap. ! (Hopefully sitting outside, depending on the weather).

Nice? - grrrr to see those darn website redirects migrated to the other side too. Twice whilst I was writing this. Gonna have a word with that Purdy chap about it I think.

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 9, 2005, 12:49 pm

Hi Paul, what do you mean by website re-directs? I think I remember you talking about them on the old forum.

We don't use any website re-directs on udonmap.com. The only form of advertsing adverts we use are Google which are displayed at the top of this forum, we never use pop-ups, re-directs or any other form of annoying advertising.

Have a good night Paul and everyone else who is at the monthly meeting :wink: \:D/

Admin

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 9, 2005, 3:26 pm

Yes its the same kind of thing that was happening before - whilst browsing the Udonmap site I keep getting other pages taking over my screen advertising hotels/guest houses and the like (in this area). Last time I filled my machine full of anti spy-ware and ad-aware programmes and it seemed to work - I shall update those as necessary and see if I can get rid of these pain in the neck websites.
Dont worry - I know its not the fault of Udon Map.

As for the meeting tonight; I feel like death warmed up at the moment. I stayed in the outback last night and now have a cold/flu, I had 2 hours sleep last night, had to get up at 3.30am to give someone a lift and have more insect bites than I can count, including one that looks like a lion has tried to eat me - lol But I will be there - somehow.

See you there.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 9, 2005, 10:52 pm

Sounds like your browser has possibly been hijacked Paul.

Download Hijack This from here:
http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

and pm me your results when you have installed and run it.

Have a great night tonight guys, wish I was there :( and Paul, I hear that a couple of swift vodkas is a wonderful short term cure for a cold...[/url]

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » July 10, 2005, 1:51 am

You guys are way ahead of me on this computer stuff but I will inject something and if it works for you so be it and if not forget it. I got this info from the AARP site here in the US. It is for us retired folks and can be trusted. This is an antivirus and all the bad things that come in and it is free to the personal user. Here is there site and it is FREE. Like there word FREE. Of course if you want more or need more their is still a lot more CHEAPER than Norton if you want to buy more. The average user will not need more I have been using this service now for about a year and have nothing but praise. Have not had any problems. Used Norton before that and can not say the same for them and paid for them. It checks for those hijack attempts also. Damn near checks all the bad boys. I am sure you computer Gurus will find it is not the end all to end all, but to the average user I bet it fits the bill.

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

I have also installed something called adaware. It to is free for the personal use and you have to run it manaully every day, but i seem to keep all the bad stuff away. You down load it at lavasoft.com.

I hope this helps someone.

By the way I do not only like it for being FREE but it works and I do not have problems. Lets see if I take no problems and that equals no headaches then that must mean smile. I would put one of those smiley faces here but can't make it jump over here

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 10, 2005, 2:09 am

Yep AVG is a good program especially considering it's free.

Perhaps admin would consider putting up a pc support forum, just a though ;)

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Formites Meeting

Post by PopsIcafe » July 10, 2005, 10:18 am

Who in the heck is banging on my door at 9:30 am this Sunday morning..........oops I was suppose to open at 9:00 am.......geez

LA, Paul, Steve, and the other bloke :oops: forgot his name...... was a great time, I got to be at the next one :D :twisted:

Next time lets keep to the beer, that 100 Pipers really sucks....

oooh less I forget.....you guys who lit up that night when hats were removed, thank you got a glimps of the ladies at the clubs we were at........ and yea I went there......... \:D/ :-({|= ](*,)

hey Paul looks like a big day here at Pop's......same like yesterday...rub it in....rub it in :shock:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 10, 2005, 12:57 pm

yes we are having too much fun, although no dancing eye candy at full moon, bummer.

but be forewarnd, to attend, one must have thick skin, nothing like almost total stranger razzing each other. if you can't dish it out, you have to at least be able to take it. that was as festive as the last one, if that was possible.

oh farang, what happen, making us scratch our heads, lol. maybe next one.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 10, 2005, 1:49 pm

sounds like it was a night to remember...

Paul
udonmap.com

Forumites Monthly Meeting

Post by Paul » July 10, 2005, 2:27 pm

Ouch my head still hurts !

Its just after 2.30pm and I can just about focus on the keyboard now, enough to write about one of the best meetings we have had so far.
I notice from time that Pops wrote his post he must have got up real early - but no suprise there as he left so early last night !!!!!! Even LA beat me to posting and he looked worse than I did at silly O'Clock this morning when I dropped him off.

And so.....
The meeting commenced at the Horseshoe Bar (except for LA who was holding a pre-meeting, meeting with himself in Mojo's).
At the start, there was myself, LA, Gary (from the UK), and Albeach (hope I spelled it right) visiting from the US., we were soon joined by Mobaan and his lady and the evening got off to a great start.
Yes you do need thick skin but without exeption we all had a great laugh at each other and ourselves of course - however there were one-too-many 'hat' jokes, so next month I will leave it at home (maybe). (no names mentioned - but see above :P )

After Albeach and Mobaan departed, the empty chairs were soon filled by Pop-pop and his friend and even more laughs were forthcoming. We had an absolute ball - until the staff began turning the lights out and folding the tables - wow it was 1am already :(

As everyone was in full swing so to speak and we were having such fun we decided to continue and after a vote (of 1) we trundled off to the Full Moon pub all piling onto whatever motorbikes were available. My bike moaned,groaned and creaked under the strain but we made it - just as the torrential rain began to fall.

We had just about an hour in the Full Moon and unfortunately did not get to see any of the dancers - however certain member(s) of the meeting wasted no time in making acquaintances with 'anything that moved'.
The debate will continue indefinitely as to whether it was a male or female and even though there is only one sure way to find out - we could not let our fellow Forumite find either elation or disapointment, so rescued him. Looking back we should have left him to continue - purely for research purposes of course :)

So back out into the rain we found ourselves - and still not yet ready to quit.
All the girls from the Bar seemed to be off to continue the nights festivities so we we decided to join them and headed off to +10 - near the Udon Hotel. Gary had already secured himself a lift, so the motorbikes breathed a sigh of relief at one less person to carry.

This place was alive and one could hardly move inside for bodies - thankfully most of them female (no doubts here for sure) and LA seemed to have a mission to either talk or dance with every female in the room that night. I think he suceeded too. Only one sour moment when a passing girl received a pat on the backside and the look she gave back could have floored a guy without trying - wow !

Gary made himself at home in a corner with his new found friend (and her mates) but Pops and his friend decided it was well past his bedtime and he was long overdue his late night coco and they both went off to get their beauty sleep (much needed).

LA and myself remained on the 'floor'- taking in the sights and wondering how there are so many young free and single (?) girls all in the same place at the same time :). I have no idea what time we left but managed to get LA back to his hotel just before the torrential rain started again - hence I was almost drowned when I finally made it home :)

This was the longest meeting we have had so far - and easily the most fun. For those who choose to stay away you are missing a great evening. Even those who come for an hour and say Hi - its great to meet you.

Hopefully at the August meeting we will get to meet the almost elusive 'Farang' who keeps promising to come but never quite manages it.
Come on farang - show yourself :)

Next scheduled meet is August 9th (Saturday) but can be changed if needed to be more accomodating to 'out-of-towners'
I look forward to it already, and the venue - well who cares ! we just need a starting point. Last night worked well.

Miss it - Miss out.

Paul

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » July 10, 2005, 2:56 pm

Image lol
www.udonmap.com

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 10, 2005, 3:00 pm

You can run but you can't hide :) :fryingpan:

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 10, 2005, 3:02 pm

So what did happen to the mysterious farang??? :roll:

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » July 10, 2005, 3:05 pm

www.udonmap.com

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 10, 2005, 3:18 pm

Now theres a damn lame excuse if I ever saw one... :lol:

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » July 10, 2005, 4:30 pm

www.udonmap.com

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » July 10, 2005, 5:02 pm

When Steve and I left, we were lucky, no rain :P by the way what time we leave about 3 or 4 am. And I refuse to ride 3 on a motor bike, and especially I won't be the middle guy again. :yikes:

I still think it was male......that deep voice gives it away and I really don't want to research any further. :shock:

Ok I will stop with the hat jock ;cough ;cough

It was an enjoyable night and I will be at the next one too......won't hide behind a woman's skirt and not show....... Also Steve and another friend of mine will be joining in on the festivities also.

For those you missed the meeting, you really missed out...a few more and I think that last nite spot we visited we would have cleared out to make room for us ( keep the ladies, kick the guys out ) Let them know how friendly we farangs are.

Pop's :pirate:

HOT DANG, I GOT MY PIRATE BACK, THANKS ADMIN :fryingpan:

thethailife
udonmap.com

Post by thethailife » July 11, 2005, 7:39 am

Paul, August 9th is a Teusday, did you meen August 6th or 13th perhaps. 24 more days.....

Garnet
udonmap.com

Ever Again?

Post by Garnet » July 11, 2005, 9:07 am

I am so very envious over having missed out on this night! And especially after hearing Gary's account!!!

And I can't even predict when I may next be in the country. Darn!! Darn!! Darn!!
Garnet & Jack

Return to “Notice Board”