US Citizens: Emergency Preparedness

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
mak
udonmap.com

US Citizens: Emergency Preparedness

Post by mak » September 19, 2017, 2:11 pm

The US Embassy Bangkok has asked their Udon wardens to initiate an emergency plan for US citizens in the Udon area. Initially what this entails is preparing a phone tree which will cover all the US citizens who wish to participate. The embassy has your details, however they want a hands on ground capability as a back-up. In the event of an emergency the embassy will notify all individually. However if normal channels are down, they will ask the wardens to help cooordinate. Therefore we are asking you to give us your name, telephone number, email, address. This information can be passed to any warden, there are seven. If you know a warden I would suggest you give the info to him. If not, pick a warden nearest to your area. The wardens and their locations are:
1. Al Fitchett, 082-838-2014, [email protected], RomYen 4 Village, east side of town outside the Ring Road.
2. Gus Mackay, 081-873-5215, [email protected], Mooban Sinchaithani, west central side of town inside the Ring Road.
3. Roger Sarbaugh, 089-274-1865, [email protected], Sookasem Village, east side of town outside the Ring Road.
4. Bert Marohl, 081-116-0576, [email protected], Rom Yen 1 Village, west side of town on the Ring Road.
5. Bruce Marek, 089-571-2017, [email protected], BB Resort, north west side of town outside the Ring Road.
6. David Bushnell, [email protected], BB Villa, north west side of town outside the Ring Road.
7. Bill Brown, [email protected], south side of town on the Ring Road.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions you can call me or PM me.
Gus Mackay.
Last edited by mak on September 19, 2017, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sport
udonmap.com

Re: US Citizens: Emergency Preparedness

Post by Sport » September 19, 2017, 2:53 pm

Great idea Mak, the US cares for its people, not like Oz where they don't give 2 hoots. Maybe also ask the people which bar they normally drink at, probably cast a net over a lot of them and save many phone calls lol.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 19, 2017, 3:08 pm

That's a good idea. Being an old guy, my bar days are over, but there might be a few generations behind me who frequent the bar scene. I will make an effort to visit some bars and with their consent post a notice.
The US Embassy Bangkok has changed a lot over the years. In the past few years the ambassador has made a point to state their major objective is to look after their citizens, which was not the case years ago.
Just some stats they give us: 77k US citizens live in Thailand. 860k US citizens visited last year (the number might be reduced if they exclude multiple visits).

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 19, 2017, 9:12 pm

Sounds like a new colored revolution being planned? Just hope you' all aren't looking for victims.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 20, 2017, 12:10 pm

No. This is a contingency plan generated by the US State Department. They want us, US citizens to be prepared and covered in case of an emergency.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 20, 2017, 1:02 pm

aha!!! that would be the oft mentioned "Plan B" right?
Dave

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » September 20, 2017, 1:30 pm

Personally, I don't buy it. The US does not care about us, they only care about our money.
Truth be known: your Passport has a Tracking chip in it. Also all your credit cards, and Immigration has "volumes" of redundant info on us. I see this as "click bait"...keep checking in and letting US know "you are alive".
Its a No-Brainer".
But, I digress....

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 20, 2017, 5:02 pm

What are the most likely emergencies in Thailand? Some health epidemic? I can't see the US embassy being much help there.

It's probably more a case of American helping American. Farang neighbour / friend helping farang neighbour / friend.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » September 20, 2017, 7:12 pm

For those US Citizens far outside of Udon.... say out this way in Sakon Nakhon? Is there a warden here?

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 20, 2017, 8:55 pm

The ugly side of the U.S. State Department has been exposed. IMO it is not to be trusted or considered friendly to U.S. citizens.

The seizing of U.S. citizen's bank deposits, when not reported, is just one example of its predatory and nasty nature.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 21, 2017, 11:57 am

No wardens in Sakon Nakhon. There are wardens in Korat, Khon Kaen, Udon, Ubon, Mukdahan, Yasothon, Chaiyaphum. If you wish to participate in this plan, I would suggest you contact an Udon warden.

Return to “Notice Board”